Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

NIL Rulings out

14,266 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BMX Bandit
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Twitter comment section thinks A&M is about to get the death penalty. If there wasn't clarification before I hope we tell them to pound sand. Jealous turds...
oldschool87
AG
You cant change the law then go backwards...

We studied the NIL, backwards, forwards and upside down. Everything we did falls within some guideline.
BadAggie
AG
Does one have to register as a "booster" with the NCAA?

BadAggie
AG
NCAA remains committed to ensuring that the African-American student athlete can't be paid.
BadAggie
AG
Yet somehow that Alabama QB recruit that got seven figures, well that was all on the up and up. Same for the sips paying $5 mil for Ohio State's 4th best QB.
AG81
AG
Betting no one in the Athletic Department is losing any sleep tonight. The idea that "Big Money Ags" were running around throwing cash at our recruits is just a myth. A lie, actually.
McKelveysCurse
Eliminate scholarships
Tear down the stupid, primitive statues
Get us a decent entrance tune

It's not rocket science.
whatthehey78
AG
McKelveysCurse said:

Eliminate scholarships
Tear down the stupid, primitive statues
Get us a decent entrance tune

It's not rocket science.
No
Definitely No, and
who really cares

You're right it's not rocket science.
Meximan
Jimbo and the football staff were the loudest to tell people that it was quite illegal to recruit using NIL deals, and they made sure anyone near the program knew it.

If anything, tu is the one that's in trouble. Big trouble. Because they literally advertised a program about paying O Linemen and bragged about it.
Law Ramp1
AG
If you bought season tickets at anytime you are considered a booster forever.

Boosters, referred to by the NCAA as "representatives of the institution's athletic interests," include anyone who has:
  • Provided a donation in order to obtain season tickets for any sport at the university.
  • Participated in or has been a member of an organization promoting the university's athletics programs.
  • Made financial contributions to the athletic department or to a university booster organization.
  • Arranged for or provided employment for enrolled student-athletes.
  • Assisted or has been requested by university staff to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
  • Assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student athletes or their families.
  • Been involved otherwise in promoting university athletics.
Once an individual is identified as a "representative of the institution's athletics interests," the person retains that identity forever

The NCAA brought this mess onto themselves

"A plague on the NCAA for years, potential litigation was the primary reason the association abandoned plans last summer to implement a more permanent policy with guardrails governing NIL, opening the door for wealthy donors to creatively maneuver around vague interim guidelines."
Decay
AG
Yeah unless we get screwed by an overzealous judgement (which isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility) A&M should be fine. Texags especially, they worked very hard to ensure compliance was paramount.
Batty
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-board-of-directors-issues-nil-guidance-to-schools-aimed-at-removing-boosters-from-recruiting-process/

A&M was not named in this article surprisingly but Miami and the Shorthorns are.
AgBQ-00
AG
Meximan said:

Jimbo and the football staff were the loudest to tell people that it was quite illegal to recruit using NIL deals, and they made sure anyone near the program knew it.

If anything, tu is the one that's in trouble. Big trouble. Because they literally advertised a program about paying O Linemen and bragged about it.
Ding Ding Ding

Pancake factory or whatever it is and the media/social media push they made about it is the test case here.
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Tulane sweating bullets right now?
StinkyPinky
AG
This is good. Our recruiting class gets legitimized by watching tu and others get their hand slapped (hard?) and we have zero infractions. This is going to shock the market.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
A&M didn't advertise that we would give every Oline on the roster $50k a year and then sign several high profile Oline like sip did

But yeah, A&M is the one the twits say is going down.
PyriteAg
AG
"NCAA Board of Directors adopted NIL guidelines that clarify existing bylaws prohibiting boosters from recruiting"

Wait.

So they just made a clarification to existing laws about the NIL? Wtf is so special about this news then?
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Meximan said:

Ding Ding Ding

Pancake factory or whatever it is and the media/social media push they made about it is the test case here.

Yeah, the idea that you could use NIL to pay for a generic "group" when they have no N, I or L that can be defined yet is pretty silly to begin with.
Crocker
AG
You can bet Tony Buzbee or similar was paid to review the legality of our strategy and as part of the deal they are obligated to now back up their work.

For the record I think this will amount to a classic nothing burger.

Recruiting was already against the rules. We knew that and did deals accordingly.
spherical
AG
Crocker said:

You can bet Tony Buzbee or similar was paid to review the legality of our strategy and as part of the deal they are obligated to now back up their work.

For the record I think this will amount to a classic nothing burger.

Recruiting was already against the rules. We knew that and did deals accordingly.

Tony? Didn't he bail on us mid summer 2020?
ABATTBQ11
AG
They hate us cuz they anus
TexanJeff
AG
I'm assuming you mean this for just D1 football and mens Basketball?

No one else is making scholarship money from NIL
Z Team
AG
I hope Texas and Miami get made examples of.

Clear violations of long standing rules.
Divining Rod
After they've boosted all the rest
Then they'll complain about the best
For we are the Aggies
And they have no say....
They are the N C A and A
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Everyone with a stacked account is going to jail.
merch
So NCAA is investigating every school in power 5?
JJxvi
AG
Paying for access to content made by current players who already play for A&M because we are A&M fans is not boosters recruiting for A&M and is exactly one kind of thing that should be allowed.

Paying someone money in order to convince them to attend a certain school was always known to be illegal even as people from some school have tried to structure ways to do exactly that (probably most egregiously Miami). I have no idea if we have someone who has been doing this but I havent heard about it.
rootube
AG
I like our chances against the NCAA board of directors. Considering they are fresh off getting their asses handed to them by the Supreme Court.
AgsWin2011
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Everyone with a stacked account is going to jail.

This made me LOL
JJxvi
AG
I think programs with a little bit of naivete and that have either a smaller athletic department bureaucracy or less experience in controlling their boosters are probably most likely to end up running afoul of this because someone thought it was open season because thats how the media portrayed it and their athletics apparatus wasnt equipped to reining people in like the huge schools already are.
TAMUallen
AG
We now own your crooked programs. Thanks and gigem
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
Lol! Stacked going down lol?
redjalapeno-87
I am sure that Mr. Pancake from the interwebs twitterspace is well aware that if he assumes that A&M's Athletic Department spent 30 millions on the recruits this one cycle, he should also assume that the Athletic Department would therefore be smart enough to kickback 10% for the "Big Guy" so as not to attract attention to that alleged investment. That's the current rate, right Mr. Pancake?
rootube
AG
Breaking news! NIL wrongdoers will be punished severely but rule following institutions will be rewarded.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Most people seem to think that the quotes about retroactively investigating the egregious violations is directed squarely at us.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.