Story Poster
Photo by Jason Howell, TexAgs
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

May 4, 2022

TexAgs Recruiting analyst Ryan Brauninger joined this morning for another edition of Recruiting Country, highlighting the latest news and notes from the recruiting trail surrounding Texas A&M.

Key notes from Recruiting Country

• It’s 7-on-7 and camp circuit time here in the state of Texas. Schools around the state are also participating in spring football on campuses. The A&M coaches are out on the road. You saw them offer Nigel Smith II‍ this morning out of Melissa in 2024. I’ll be on the road later this week in Houston, SETX next week and then make my way to the Hill Country soon as well.

• I was talking to Jason Howell yesterday. It’s clear the bulk of the talent in this year’s class is centered around the DFW Metroplex. My focus in Houston right now is on some 2024s and 2025s. I’m excited about where I’m headed tomorrow. I think people will like the content that comes out of it.

• The longer you do this job, it’s a lot easier to get relationships and establish connections with prospects. It’s a relationship-based job, and knowing who to talk to and being in the Houston area, promoting those kids, is always a great look.

• Texas A&M will be around for Johntay Cook‍ for a while. They also recently made the top list for Will Norman‍. This is the time of the year when you see guys start to trim their lists to a few schools. I’ll say this in the state; I don't think Texas A&M is out of it for any of the top prospects in the state. And at this time last year, you could say that. Look at Denver Harris‍.

• Jeremiah Smith‍ and Joshisa Trader‍ are two kids from Florida who recently made a trip to College Station. They also saw Texas when they were in the state. Those are two guys that Texas A&M will have a great shot at. They have a lot of connections with both players on the Texas A&M roster and the Miami contingent on the A&M staff. The thing that stood out most to them on their visit was Jimbo Fisher.

• When you look at the Florida connections, I don't think people make enough about James Coley and the recruiter that he is. That is the area you want to go and get football players from. You know the base of these recruiting classes is the state of Texas, but you want to be able to go out and supplement. They do that really well too.
Discussion from...

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

5,612 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jigsaw87
jigsaw87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.