Story Poster
Texas A&M Football Recruiting

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

April 27, 2022

TexAgs Recruiting analyst Ryan Brauninger joined this morning for another edition of Recruiting Country, highlighting the latest news and notes from the recruiting trail surrounding Texas A&M.

Key notes from Recruiting Country

• A couple of 2023s at the Under Armour Camp this weekend, trying to get their invite to the All-America Game. That facility down there was absolutely incredible.

• Colton Thomasson‍ is my Hunter Erb‍ of this class. They took him early without a lot of fanfare, but his stock is doing nothing but going up. He measured in at over 6-8, with a flat belly. He is really improving his footwork. With that improved footwork, he was a lot better in pass protection. That performance earned him MVP honors.

• He is so outspoken in his recruiting for Texas A&M. He will be this class’ Bobby Taylor. He has already scheduled his official visit, and is working to get Harris Sewell‍ and TJ Shanahan‍ here for that same weekend. He will take his official the first week of camps in June for Jimbo Fisher.

• I think you could be looking at Colton Thomasson as a top 20 player in the state by the time things are all said and done. He is rock-solid to Texas A&M.

• Was able to see a ton of prospects in the classes of 2024 and 2025 down there in Houston this weekend. I think those two classes will be at the level of talent that we saw in 2022 in the state. Just unbelievably talented in the greater Houston area.

• Elijah Robinson was out on the road on the east coast. Darrell Dickey was all over greater Houston. I also know they are headed out to Florida soon to see Cedric Baxter Jr.‍. There are people who believe he might be the best running back in the country. If not him, then it’s 1A & 1B with Rueben Owens‍.
Discussion from...

Recruiting Country: The latest recruiting news surrounding the Maroon & White

6,200 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Matsui
swimjack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Really excited to get Thomasson on campus. Already an elite frame. And his ability to look as he does now from being north of 400 pounds at one point is a testament to his work ethic.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Love recruiting 1 and 1a in the country at any position !
Matsui
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.