Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Brian Williams retired?

7,554 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AWP 97
AWP 97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I read on another site that he has retired from football. Is that true? Sorry, if Germans but I had not heard that.
spherical
AG
I stopped following his career after that final 5th season…
Emilio Fantastico
AG
There were rumors of it floating around here a few weeks ago. So not surprising if it is official now.
infinity ag
I feel sad for Brian Williams. He was a high 5* recruit at No 13 overall in the country at one time but then dropped to 71. He had offers from great schools like Stanford, Alabama, Auburn, Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas but chose Texas A&M. He even recruited for us.

Hardly made his presence felt, for whatever reasons.

Now he's may be out of the team without a splash.
My Name Is Judge
You feel sorry for a guy that got a free college education from a great university?

Cheating ass refs are the real pandemic
ABATTBQ87
AG
yes, it was a pretty touching retirement speech:

runontexas
AG
Bishop Dunne GOAT
Unemployed
AG
My Name Is Judge said:

You feel sorry for a guy that got a free college education from a great university?

I feel sorry that he no longer has a chance to fulfill his dream of playing pro football.

At the same time, I acknowledge that he's in a better position than most with a college education provided for free so he won't have to graduate with debt.

See? It's okay to sympathize but still realize that he's in a fortunate situation still.
AWP 97
AG
runontexas said:

Bishop Dunne GOAT

My dad's alma mater so I was really looking forward to Williams having success.
MarathonAg12
When?
AWP 97
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

When?

If you're asking about my dad, he graduated from Dunne in '70. If you aren't, he still graduated in '70.
dixichkn
AG
Watched him play a couple games in HS and he looked like a man among boys out there. Really thought he was going to turn into something special with us. Whatever happened, I wish him all the best going forward. Gig'em Brian
DustysLineup
AG
There's no need to speculate or be dramatic. Vast majority of athletes peak in their teens or early 20's. I don't know the percentage of high school recruits who make it to the pros, but it's got to be pretty tiny.
runontexas
AG
Bishop Dunne baseball was legit in 1970!
AWP 97
AG
I'll have to ask him about Dunne's baseball team when he was there. My father, God love him, was more of a student than an athlete. Lol
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.