Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

(Insider) OL Hire Thoughts

18,448 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Colonel Nonreg
psycwazowski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got a buddy who works for the team in the recruit analysis department (if that's even the right term). Currently looking at NFL scout jobs out of graduation. A real football X's and O's nerd type. Great high level football mind that I don't pretend to have.
We were talking earlier about the Addazio hire. The biggest reason he liked it as soon as he was told (several days ago) is that Steve fits Fisher's system. Jimbo wanted a guy who unlike Henson wasn't uncomfortable with coaching a line the way he wants the coached. Not that Henson or Fisher didn't get along, but Addazio is a much better fit for the program all said and done. This staff looks for run blocking first linemen with great power. Addazio is most comfortable with those guys and Fisher has the utmost confidence in him to develop the kind of line that fits the system. That's something Henson was never quite at ease with doing the way Addazio is.
My buddy and I are beyond excited to see the line really serve the purpose of the team and watch the maroon goons take the next step in helping this team begin to dominate opponents.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Great post, Mrs. Addazio.
riverrataggie
AG
Who calls people their 'buddy'?
SpiderM85
AG
Teacher_Ag said:

Great post, Mrs. Addazio.
Posters Name checks
H1frogman88
AG
riverrataggie said:

I do. Weird thing to call out
AG
Seems like Henson's line from 2 years ago worked just fine in Fisher's system...
AggieOO
H1frogman88 said:

riverrataggie said:

I do as well.
vander54
S
4 said:

Seems like Henson's line from 2 years ago worked just fine in Fisher's system...

They worked fine but Fisher wants elite. He felt this was an opportunity to get someone that he wants that will fit his system.
World's worst proofreader
BCEDAg
AG
Then why did Jimbo hire Henson in the first place if his style of coaching OL didn't match up with what Jimbo wanted?
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
AggieOO said:

H1frogman88 said:

riverrataggie said:

I do as well.

Me too as well, buddy.

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
vander54
S
BCEDAg said:

Then why did Jimbo hire Henson in the first place if his style of coaching OL didn't match up with what Jimbo wanted?

Because Jimbo and Hensen have a history from their LSU days but in the end Henson was more comfortable running a spread scheme and Jimbo wants a running scheme.
ElephantRider
AG
Guy on a Buffalo said:

AggieOO said:

H1frogman88 said:

riverrataggie said:

I do as well.

Me too as well, buddy.

I'm not your buddy, guy
infinity ag
riverrataggie said:

I call my buddies "buddy".
DallasAg 94
riverrataggie said:

Canadians.

Terrence &Phillip

Shoefly!
AG
riverrataggie said:

I do! What the hell is wrong with some of you Jack's? B* thing about the OL coach, we can't make 3 pointers, Durkin doesn't make it for me! Sheesh! I have many Buds and the older I get I wish I had more.
Al Bula
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

riverrataggie said:

Canadians.

Terrence &Phillip

came here to post this.

Also, Indians
psycwazowski
AG
New army, dammit. These new Ags are ruining the university and it's traditions. Back in the day no one called their friend "buddy," just their old lady. Those days are gone. These new army homo libtards are calling people "buddy" left and right as a sign of their softness. It's a shame. This university used to be great and the students used to stand for something. Not anymore.
greg.w.h
AG
I understand the urge to post that. But isn't "In Jimbo I trust" what it really means??? Who else had us within one game of a semi invite within three years? No one…
Unemployed
AG
vander54 said:

BCEDAg said:

Because Jimbo and Hensen have a history from their LSU days but in the end Henson was more comfortable running a spread scheme and Jimbo wants a running scheme.
Jimbo should've nutted up and fire Henson if he wasn't a good fit and didn't do what Jimbo wanted.
HombreDoce
AG
psycwazowski said:

New army, dammit. These new Ags are ruining the university and it's traditions. Back in the day no one called their friend "buddy," just their old lady. Those days are gone. These new army homo libtards are calling people "buddy" left and right as a sign of their softness. It's a shame. This university used to be great and the students used to stand for something. Not anymore.

In one of my first classes at A&M, A really cute Cadette couldn't wait to use all the new words she learned the week before and told me she couldn't go to lunch with me because she had to clean her hole. It was a solid seven seconds before she explained that it was her room. I forgot who lost interest first after I pledged a fraternity.
yell_on_6th st
AG
So... you never cleaned her hole? Sad
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I think he's saying he did. Aggies helping Aggies.
monarch
S
I'll reserve comment until we play...Sam Houston St in our first game.
Peace for Ukraine!
tFast
AG
riverrataggie said:

I do.
sonnysixkiller
AG
I don't understand why we are hiring coaches with questionable backgrounds at this point I thought we would have the pick of the litter. I guess with nil parents and players care more about the money ?
vander54
S
sonnysixkiller said:

I don't understand why we are hiring coaches with questionable backgrounds at this point I thought we would have the pick of the litter. I guess with nil parents and players care more about the money ?

He's an outstanding OL coach but not so great HC.
Sq 17
sonnysixkiller said:

Consider it the Saban model of hiring. These guys obviously we're impressive enough to get HC jobs. Being hired as a head coach is more important than how the coaching tenure worked out. Off the top of my head Saban applied that rationale to BoB, Kiffen, & Sark
Sterling82
riverrataggie said:

The "Captain"....of The Minnow.
vander54
S
RealTalk said:

vander54 said:

BCEDAg said:

Jimbo should've nutted up and fire Henson if he wasn't a good fit and didn't do what Jimbo wanted.

I could be wrong but I think Henson was doing what Jimbo wanted but it wasn't what Henson wanted to do. That's why he left. It's not like Jimbo wasn't happy with the results he just thinks we can do better and finding someone that fits exactly what Jimbo wants to do was important.

If you look at Addazio's style it fits Jimbos perfectly.
HombreDoce
AG
yell_on_6th st said:

So... you never cleaned her hole? Sad

I don't lick and tell, but it was the first week of college for both of us. She couldn't wait to see what college station looked like from the 15th floor in my room. I can't remember what day of the week she was, but you're right, objectifying women is sad.
hunter2012
AG
vander54 said:

RealTalk said:

vander54 said:

BCEDAg said:

I could be wrong but I think Henson was doing what Jimbo wanted but it wasn't what Henson wanted to do. That's why he left. It's not like Jimbo wasn't happy with the results he just thinks we can do better and finding someone that fits exactly what Jimbo wants to do was important.

If you look at Addazio's style it fits Jimbos perfectly.
I agree, if you look at good balanced teams, their running game and their OL are good enough that defenses can't crash down with pass rush in any medium/short distance situation because they have to respect the run game. If Addazio develops a mean and road-grating mentality OL that can throw DLinemen out of position and open up holes it will only help to serve the passing game as they won't be so quick to rush up field because if it's a run it will effectively take them out of the play.
Playboy
AG
By the time spring practices wrapped up last year Henson wasn't even organizing the Oline drills he had screwed up so much. Jimbo would yell at him in front the players at practice (which he does to most coaches) and belittled him. I think Jimbo probably told him to find another opportunity at the end of this year or Henson just read between the lines. Either way, the players hated him and it seems Jimbo did as well. Those guys are all still loyal to Turner and if you asked of them they would say the 2020 success should go to Turner, not Henson.
ShotOver
AG
AggieOO said:

H1frogman88 said:

riverrataggie said:

I do as well.
Me too. Am I bad?
Chester
HombreDoce said:

psycwazowski said:

In one of my first classes at A&M, A really cute Cadette couldn't wait to use all the new words she learned the week before and told me she couldn't go to lunch with me because she had to clean her hole. It was a solid seven seconds before she explained that it was her room. I forgot who lost interest first after I pledged a fraternity.
I think you know who lost interest first.
Chester
85AustinAg
AG
Thanks OP. Unlike some I appreciate the inside info and I've been around long enough to know when someone is speaking the truth.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.