Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Recruiting Update

12,815 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TnAg23
Paul Dirac
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How many scholarships do we have left to give / openings?

Who are we hoping to get still?

Anyone that is a verbal only and that we might lose?
TnAg23
AG
We have as many scholarships as we need. We can make room for up to 34 total(recruits + transfer portal), if at least 7 guys transfer out.

The only committed but unsigned guy is Harold Perkins. He is taking visits, as he said he would when he committed. I think he's still A&M bound.

The only other uncommitted high-profile guy is Shemar Stewart. He is choosing between us, Miami, and Georgia. Staff is high on him. Personally, I'm not based on his social media.
AWP 97
AG
I can never tell if these posts are real or not?
agnatgas
AG
24/7 shows 5 Ags in the portal

Link
vander54
S
We have 1 or 2 spots left. Most likely Shemar Stewart, a transfer WR or a transfer OT will take those spots.
AggieDub04
AG
One of those is transferring to A&M so the net is 3.
Corn Pop
TnAg23 said:

The only other uncommitted high-profile guy is Shemar Stewart. He is choosing between us, Miami, and Georgia. Staff is high on him. Personally, I'm not based on his social media.

What's wrong with his social media?
jsmc71
AG
Is Jacoby Mathews far-fetched at this point? Seems like there hasn't been much out about him.
PeekingDuck
AG
Pretty much no chance. Well, no chance is a bit too strong but I don't see why he wouldn't head to LSU unless Kelly really ****s it up.
vander54
S
jsmc71 said:

Is Jacoby Mathews far-fetched at this point? Seems like there hasn't been much out about him.

He was a take a couple months ago, not sure he is now
Meximan
Mathews is a take no matter where you are in the cycle. Never downgrade a Lousianimal.
vander54
S
Meximan said:

Mathews is a take no matter where you are in the cycle. Never downgrade a Lousianimal.

Except I don't think we are taking another S/CB. We are focused on Stewart and transfer WR/OT
Leander - Ag
Diet Cokehead
AG
This forum is so out of the loop. Tons of misinformation on this thread.
Red Rover
AG
I thought it was widely known that Harold, Shemar, and Jacoby are the three takes for us if we can get them? We should have room for them and can always use elite athletes.
vander54
S
Red Rover said:

I thought it was widely known that Harold, Shemar, and Jacoby are the three takes for us if we can get them? We should have room for them and can always use elite athletes.

I'm not so confident on Matthews. Maybe I took some info wrong but it sounds like it will be Stewart and then possibly a transfer. I think Matthews is a much lower priority for this staff right now.
SABUILDERAG
What's the deal with Shemar cancelling a visit to go to Miami instead? Doesn't seem positive.
Red Rover
AG
I think he's a high priority, but a lower chance than Shemar or Harold, where most feel we're ahead at this point.
I am always wrong
TnAg23 said:

We have as many scholarships as we need. We can make room for up to 34 total(recruits + transfer portal), if at least 7 guys transfer out.

The only committed but unsigned guy is Harold Perkins. He is taking visits, as he said he would when he committed. I think he's still A&M bound.

34? No.
VatoLocoAggie
Lots of bar gouge on here. Not accurate info.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
TnAg23
AG
Fear InoculAg said:

TnAg23 said:

34? No.
25 (Traditional Limit) + 7 (New Transfer Portal Rule) + 2(Left Over From Last Year, Can Be used for Early Enrollees) = 34

I'm not saying we'd actually take that many, but if a 5* or high 4* guy wants to come here, and we want him, we will make room.

You can check my work here: DI Council approves one-year waiver of football scholarship limits

If you don't know the rules, don't go out and spread bs
vander54
S
How do you know we have 2 left over from last year? We signed 23 but we had a greyshirt from 2020 so we could only have1 left over. Also we have the 85 man limit roster to work with so just because you can technically sign a certain amount it does not mean you will.

From what I've heard we are only signing 32 at most this class and we have 28 signed and committed as well as one transfer so that's 29. Shemar Stewart would make 30 then it sounds like transfers would close out the class. Of course Jimbo isn't going to take a transfer just to fill up the class, so you never know how this will end.
AggieDub04
AG
Why does everyone keep saying we're looking for a transfer WR? With Demas, Smith, Moose, Brown, and now Stewart on campus you have several guys who will be expecting playing time. I'm not saying we've got Ohio State's WR room, but it would have to be someone pretty elite to come in, learn the system, and get on the field.
vander54
S
AggieDub04 said:

Why does everyone keep saying we're looking for a transfer WR? With Demas, Smith, Moose, Brown, and now Stewart on campus you have several guys who will be expecting playing time. I'm not saying we've got Ohio State's WR room, but it would have to be someone pretty elite to come in, learn the system, and get on the field.

Not sure but it's been stated WR and OT are all we really are looking at in the transfer portal.

I personally wouldn't take a WR.
beerad12man
AG
We have room for at least 3. Shemar, if Matthews wanted in he would have a spot, and 1-2 transfers depending on Matthews.
MagnumLoad
vander54 said:

AggieDub04 said:

Not sure but it's been stated WR and OT are all we really are looking at in the transfer portal.

I personally wouldn't take a WR.
Don't sleep on Marshall.
StinkyPinky
AG
VatoLocoAggie said:

Lots of bar gouge on here. Not accurate info.

That's why I take the penicillin before coming in
AG
Just read on 247 that Perkins says he is "committed but open to other schools and will make my final decision on Feb 2nd"

Why commit then?
HoustonAg2106
AG
4 said:

Just read on 247 that Perkins says he is "committed but open to other schools and will make my final decision on Feb 2nd"

Why commit then?
He said it was his dream to announce his commitment at the all star game.
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

4 said:

Why commit then?

I understand that, but c'mon. If it was simply for show, that's just stupid. He committed but according to him, isn't really committed.

Silly.
p8aggie
AG
Please respect his decision
Jarrin' Jay
AG
If I was Jimbo I would not accept that "commitment" from Perkins, would be looking to add a good LB transfer unless Harold says he is 10000% in.
HoustonAg2106
AG
4 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

4 said:

Why commit then?

I understand that, but c'mon. If it was simply for show, that's just stupid. He committed but according to him, isn't really committed.

Silly.
Verbal commitments have never meant anything, commits take trips to other schools all the time. Signing on the dotted line is your "commitment."
Diet Cokehead
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

If I was Jimbo I would not accept that "commitment" from Perkins, would be looking to add a good LB transfer unless Harold says he is 10000% in.
Good thing Jimbo is in charge of recruiting and not you.
Showstopper
AG
NM redundant of prior posts sorry
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.