Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Which incoming freshman

9,352 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by StinkyPinky
Captain Awesome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are you most excited about and think will make an immediate impact?

I think Weigman is the second coming. I haven't been this excited about a QB prospect in a long time. Marshall and Green look like they might be ready day 1 as well.
My Name Is Judge
I doubt we see Weigman for 2-3 years

I'm pumped all the speed in the secondary we added

We've been extremely slow in the secondary since forever…. No more

The dline additions & Perkins will be fun to watch grow
wangus12
AG
Weigman won't be here in 2-3 years if he isn't playing. These kids aren't gonna sit around and wait for very long and with the mercenary portal, they can get a starting job elsewhere
BusterAg
AG
Not sure if Wiegman or King will win the starting job, but it's great to have some depth. Hell, we might even see Johnson at QB1.

I'm convinced Nolen will make an immediate impact.
greg.w.h
AG
wangus12 said:

Weigman won't be here in 2-3 years if he isn't playing. These kids aren't gonna sit around and wait for very long and with the mercenary portal, they can get a starting job elsewhere
They all play for mercenary coaches after all and for schools leveraging their talent like employers then denying they're doing that…
taylorswift13
AG
Offense: Evan Stewart
Defense: Denver Harris
My Name Is Judge
wangus12 said:

Haynes is coming up on his 3rd year in the program… He was also a five star coming out… & he's got 4 years eligibility left

Weigman is also playing baseball so maybe thatll keep him content

True freshman starting QBs is rare, having success even more rare, & we play in the best conference

I could be wrong but I think he's gonna have to wait his turn
Charlie Murphy
Lol at weigman hanging around for 2-3 years. Have you watched cfb in the past two years? If these guys don't play the first 15 minutes in campus they are in the portal.
Ags77
AG
The loser of the King / Weigman battle will transfer
AG
I normally would not say this about a true freshman, but I think people who are sleeping on this kid earning a starting job this season either haven't watched him play, or don't really know how to break down QB tape.

This kid isn't just a good athlete. He ain't just a good HS quarterback. Yes, he has an elite arm and elite running ability, but that's not what makes him great. Connor is doing things on the field that some pros still can't do, primarily the mental things.

He's the equivalent of a 5 tool baseball player in football with a mastery of the most difficult aspects of his position at a young age. The hard stuff is the stuff he already excels at doing, and it seems to be natural because at the HS level, the coaches...I don't care who they are... aren't accurately teaching him these things. They just naturally make sense to him.

He is the best HS quarterback I've ever seen. Ever.
HoustonAg2106
AG
My Name Is Judge said:

wangus12 said:

Haynes is coming up on his 3rd year in the program… He was also a five star coming out… & he's got 4 years eligibility left

True freshman starting QBs is rare, having success even more rare, & we play in the best conference

Weigman isn't playing baseball
Max Power
AG
Offense: Stewart
Defense: Nolen
Ags77
AG
He isn't playing baseball until his second year
MaroonStain
AG
Haynes King was playing high school football in Fall 2020.
rootube
AG
4 said:

I normally would not say this about a true freshman, but I think people who are sleeping on this kid earning a starting job this season either haven't watched him play, or don't really know how to break down QB tape.

This kid isn't just a good athlete. He ain't just a good HS quarterback. Yes, he has an elite arm and elite running ability, but that's not what makes him great. Connor is doing things on the field that some pros still can't do, primarily the mental things.

He's the equivalent of a 5 tool baseball player in football with a mastery of the most difficult aspects of his position at a young age. The hard stuff is the stuff he already excels at doing, and it seems to be natural because at the HS level, the coaches...I don't care who they are... aren't accurately teaching him these things. They just naturally make sense to him.

He looks great but queue up some tape of King. He looks great too. It's kind of what 4-5 star guys do.
AG
rootube said:

4 said:

He looks great but queue up some tape of King. He looks great too. It's kind of what 4-5 star guys do.

I have, and I am a King fan. King is good...SEC starter good, no doubt, but the HS tape on Connor is not just better, it's significantly better.
phatty26
Walter Nolen!
Buzzkill
I'm excited to see what Haynes can do

Does that count?
Buzzkill
MaroonStain said:

Uh…what?
NavyAg92
AG
You can't keep Bouie off the field and Marshall may be the best WR in the nation. Maybe the best even better than Burden and Stewart.
evestor1
Jake Johnson
Chris Marshall

My Name Is Judge
I mean if he's the best man then let's go

I'll just be shocked if he beats out Haynes
98WFSCAG
AG
Marshall on O
Nolan and Perkins on D.
Oknows
AG
Nolen on defense. No brainer.
Hopeful that Anias moves outside and Stewart gets to play in the slot. He has the ability to change games there in my opinion. Waddle, Smith, Smith-Njigba level talent.
P.U.T.U
AG
Nolen, Perkins (with the assumption he signs), or a fast DB on defense.

Stewart or Marshall on offense.

Weigman's film is much better than King's, he can do it all. Most of King's film was him throwing deep balls and scrambling.
wangus12
AG
MaroonStain said:

Haynes King was throwing TDs against South Carolina in Fall 2020. No need to insult Will Muschamp's defense by calling them high schoolers
theBaum
AG
No doubt, I am most excited about Weigman on offense, but I don't believe he will have an immediate impact because King is still my projected starter. That may change, of course, following the spring. For immediate impact on O, I am looking at guys like Evan Strewart and Smoke Bouie (yes, on offense), and particularly in the return game. Receiver is generally a tough transition from high school to the college ranks, so I look to see their imediate impact on special teams and on gadget plays. Keep in mind, however, we have some pretty elite do-it-all upper classmen in Ainias and Achane (and hopefully Demas) who will still command the ball, even on gadget plays, so oportunities may be limited early.

On defense, I am most excited about the defensive line haul, in general. That rotation of freshmen is going to be a problem for the oppositionb as early as the start of SEC play 2022. I forecast Walter Nolen as a day-one starter next to McKinnley Jackson, but he just as well could make an impact as a rotational player early on, even if he's coming off the bench. A guy that is well-positioned to make an impact is Bryce Anderson. Assuming they want to keep Antonio Johnson in the nickel, is it far fetched to think that Bryce Anderson could beat out one of the incumbent players already on the roster at safety, next to Demani? Harold is obviously the other guy I am most excited for, but I am not certain what kind of immediate impact he will have. They may just throw him out there and hope the talent prevails over limited experience, and the good-to-highlight level plays outway the miscues.
12thMan9
AG
wangus12 said:

MaroonStain said:

Haynes King was throwing a TD against South Carolina in Fall 2020. No need to insult Will Muschamp's defense by calling them high schoolers
Now correct.
Ronnie '88
Escobars army
The offensive weapons on the paremter. So Stewart, Marshall and Johnson. That and solid QB play could take this team to the next level.
AWP 97
AG
My Name Is Judge said:

wangus12 said:

Haynes was not a five star.
Playboy
AG
He was until he committed to us. Also the runner up at elite 11 to the heisman winner. Don't sleep on Haynes. The team LOVES him. I would be shocked if he wasn't the starter. Again.
Bachelor99
AG
i will be shocked if max johnson is not the starter next year. he is proven at the SEC level......if we had max last year or any competent QB for that matter, we are beating up on baylor in the sugar bowl (assuming no covid cases).
AG
Prepare to be shocked
JordanJeffersonBurner
AG
Offense- Chris Marshall (Dude is a flat out athlete and will be a major deep threat)
Defense- Martrell Harris (Went to his high school so I hope he's a beast)
P.U.T.U
AG
I think Johnson starts this year, proven SEC success and for 99.9% of freshman QBs they benefit from holding a clipboard their first year. There is that 0.1%, we will see if Weigman is that.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.