Texas A&M Football
Sponsored By

Today's rooting interests to prevent t-sips bowl game

4,597 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by fulshearAg96
Dr Lane Trowlan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
5-7 teams are chosen for bowl games by their Academic Progress Rate from the previous year. Based on this article, the sips sit tied with the 5th best chance among 5-7 teams (See this article for further explanation)\ They are tied with Florida, which unfortunately I think the sips would get the tie-breaker over, if for no other reason than they have a coach.
They are behind Washington (already lost) Middle Tennessee State, Memphis, Rutgers, sips & Florida (tied)

This article shows 72 bowl eligible teams, with 82 slots to fill. Ball State's victory on Tuesday pushes it to 73 bowl eligible teams. Below are the 5-7 teams needing 1 win to secure eligibility.

Middle Tennessee State - Need to lose @FAU. Their 5-7 record would trump sips based on APR. FAU favored by -3.5

Memphis (980) - Need to lose to Tulane. Their 5-7 record would trump sips based on APR. Memphis favored by -6

Rutgers (979) - Need to lose to Maryland. Their 5-7 record would trump sips based on APR. Rutgers +1.5
*UPDATE* Maryland defeats Rutgers 40-16.

Florida (974) - I'm guessing on this one. I guess lose to FSU, which would create another 6-6 team in FSU, and then would be tied with sips. Maybe a bowl would want an SEC team over texas. IDK. Florida -3
*UPDATE* Florida defeats FSU 24-21

Ball State (969) - Already won, in at 6-6

FAU (965) - Beat Middle Tennessee. FAU -3

Syracuse (965) - Beat Pitt, unlikely. Syracuse +12.5

North Texas (961) - Beat UTSA, unlikely. North Texas +10
*UPDATE* UNT defeats UTSA 45-23

Old Dominion (961) - Doesn't matter, they play 5-6 Charlotte, will create 1 bowl eligible team. ODU -9.5

Troy (961) - Beat @Georgia State. GSU -6.5
*UPDATE* Georgia St defeats Troy 37-10

West Virginia (960) - Beat @Kansas (LOL) KU +15.5

TCU (959) - Already lost.

Virginia Tech (958) - Beat @Virginia. UVA -7

Maryland (956) - Beat Rutgers. Maryland -1.5
*UPDATE* Maryland defeats Rutgers 40-16

South Alabama (955) - Already lost

LSU (952) - LOSE. Tigers +6.5

San Jose State (952) - Already lost

Charlotte (945) - Doesn't matter vs Old Dominion. Charlotte +9.5
*UPDATE* Old Dominion defeats Charlotte 56-34

Tulsa (945) - Beat SMU. Ponies +6.5

Florida State (942) - Beat Florida. FSU +3
*UPDATE* Florida defeats FSU 24-21

The best/most likely scenario I can come up with is FAU beat MTSU, Maryland beats Rutgers, Florida beats FSU, Troy beats Georgia State, West Virginia beats KU, VT upsets UVA, Tulsa upsets a coach-less SMU, and ODU vs Charlotte doesn't matter.
That would create bowl eligible teams or 5-7 teams with better APR's in FAU (74), MTSU (75), Maryland (76), Rutgers (77), Troy (78), West Virginia (79), Virginia Tech (80), Tulsa (81), ODU/Charlotte (82). sips wouldn't play again until 9/3/2022, and would only have 1 game to play before preparing for Alabama. After getting their asses kicked by an SEC team in week 2, the cycle would begin again.

* Cal & USC both have 2 games remaining. Another bowl eligible team could be created if Cal either beats UCLA & USC, or USC beats both BYU & Cal, but Cal is +6.5 vs UCLA and USC is +7 to BYU. Neither scenarios are likely.
Panama Red
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Find a hobby dude.
Law Hall 69-72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think he has a hobby.
Dr Lane Trowlan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Panama Red said:

Find a hobby dude.
You're so cool dude. If only I could be like you one day. You're also on TexAgs at 7:44am, but sure, go off on me.
Ian Neff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thank you, OP.
Agvet12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dr Lane Trowlan said:

Panama Red said:

Find a hobby dude.
You're so cool dude. If only I could be like you one day. You're also on TexAgs at 7:44am, but sure, go off on me.


Get a dog
Charlie 31
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks, OP. I was trying to figure this out last night and gave up since there are so many complicated scenarios. It was nice to see such a well-written summary as we prepare for the last Saturday of the 2021 regular season.

Gig 'em!
TexasLeaguer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good info. I had no idea about the academic progress rate.
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff needs to create a board to discuss these old rivalries.
Off_The_Wood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't believe how obsessed some of you guys are with Texas football. It's truly mind-boggling.
akm91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just maybe we should get rid of 3 bowl games so as not to have to worry about this.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
spherical
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I dunno… I think it would be better to mock them for the next decade for accepting a bowl bid with 5 wins…
Dr Lane Trowlan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Off_The_Wood said:

I can't believe how obsessed some of you guys are with Texas football. It's truly mind-boggling.
It directly affects A&M, more so than any other school. There's never been a time where A&M, texas, & OU are all good at the same time. It's only 2/3 at best. Right now, A&M and OU are up, which means texas is down. What better way to keep them down than to not go to a bowl game, lose recruits and lose the 15 practices? What better way to keep ourselves up than to kick their d*cks in and change the narrative once they get to the SEC? But I guess you're too cool to understand all this.
bv86ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Really don't give a damn about what sips do one way or other regarding a bowl.
The humiliation of being charity-handed a bowl invitation to some meaningless bowl then getting their azzes handed to them by another 5-7 team is almost a better scenario.
aTmC4neck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
t.u. was the only school we cared about beating for 50 years. How can people ask why do we care about them so much...
bulverdeaggie93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
for Texas… what's worse and more embarrassing? Not going to a bowl? or playing an Old Dominion on Dec 12th at 10am in the Pansy Bowl?? Let them go to a bowl, who cares…
BrotherChad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Staff needs to create a board to discuss these old rivalries.


You do realize in as soon as 2 years we will be playing them every year again right? Not exactly an old rivalry anymore.
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So a future rivalries board?? Awesome!
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BrotherChad said:

BMX Bandit said:

Staff needs to create a board to discuss these old rivalries.


You do realize in as soon as 2 years we will be playing them every year again right? Not exactly an old rivalry anymore.
2022, 2023, and 2024 until we play them, so 3 more seasons.
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTmC4neck said:

t.u. was the only school we olds cared about beating for 50 years. How can people ask why do we care about them so much...
FIFY
Emilio Fantastico
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Two points about a 5-7 sip team accepting a bowl bid:

1. It's embarrassing.

2. It would be another knife in the back of the eight dwarves to deprive them of the pittance of a payout from whatever bowl a 5-7 team would attend.

They have no shame so point 1 is moot but point 2 is right up their alley so no bowl for sips regardless.
Alpha Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Called it a week ago:
Quote:

Now starts the sip media mentioning that of the x bowl game slots available, only x-1 teams have reached 6 wins and if all of the 5 win teams lose next week, that the 5 win team with the highest academic rating will get the last bowl spot.

Too bad tu won't have the highest GPA. Oh and they won't win that 5th game either.
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3251193/replies/60810335
Dr Lane Trowlan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bv86ag said:

Really don't give a damn about what sips do one way or other regarding a bowl.
The humiliation of being charity-handed a bowl invitation to some meaningless bowl then getting their azzes handed to them by another 5-7 team is almost a better scenario.
It's not the bowl game that matters, it's the 15 extra practices.
Off_The_Wood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dr Lane Trowlan said:

bv86ag said:

Really don't give a damn about what sips do one way or other regarding a bowl.
The humiliation of being charity-handed a bowl invitation to some meaningless bowl then getting their azzes handed to them by another 5-7 team is almost a better scenario.
It's not the bowl game that matters, it's the 15 extra practices.
Texas has played in bowls the last four years (4-0, btw), meaning they have had a WHOPPING 60 extra practices over that period. Has that made any difference for them?

Fixating on the possibility of an in-state rival having a few extra practices during bowl season is borderline obsessive.
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I want them to go to a bowl. I think they're likely to lose the game and I will enjoy watching that.
Commander Gorn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting post
Dr Lane Trowlan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Off_The_Wood said:

Dr Lane Trowlan said:

bv86ag said:

Really don't give a damn about what sips do one way or other regarding a bowl.
The humiliation of being charity-handed a bowl invitation to some meaningless bowl then getting their azzes handed to them by another 5-7 team is almost a better scenario.
It's not the bowl game that matters, it's the 15 extra practices.
Texas has played in bowls the last four years (4-0, btw), meaning they have had a WHOPPING 60 extra practices over that period. Has that made any difference for them?

Fixating on the possibility of an in-state rival having a few extra practices during bowl season is borderline obsessive.
You sound just like a t-sip. You're too cool to care about your rival. It's ok to want to put your foot on your rivals neck and keep it there. There's currently a 3 hour tv show going on about how much Ohio State & Michigan hate each other. Auburn & Alabama don't hide how much they hate each other. The sips are capable of coming back to earth, the goal is to do everything possible to keep that from happening. There's nothing wrong with rooting for additional, extended misery.
Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Panama Red said:

Find a hobby dude.


Football message board and dude post an informative insightful post

But yeah… go find a hobby lol
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Win-win whether they go to a bowl or not.

Problem solved.
BLSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dr Lane Trowlan said:

Off_The_Wood said:

I can't believe how obsessed some of you guys are with Texas football. It's truly mind-boggling.
It directly affects A&M, more so than any other school. There's never been a time where A&M, texas, & OU are all good at the same time. It's only 2/3 at best. Right now, A&M and OU are up, which means texas is down. What better way to keep them down than to not go to a bowl game, lose recruits and lose the 15 practices? What better way to keep ourselves up than to kick their d*cks in and change the narrative once they get to the SEC? But I guess you're too cool to understand all this.


OU is not up. If they played a schedule with a pulse, I doubt they break the Top 10 and that goes for the rest of those big12 ****s.
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BrotherChad said:

BMX Bandit said:

Staff needs to create a board to discuss these old rivalries.


You do realize in as soon as 2 years we will be playing them every year again right? Not exactly an old rivalry anymore.
No we don't. There is no information that proves your trolling. Zero.
TexAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But I want them to go to a low tier bowl and lose.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2015
GigEmTx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bv86ag said:

Really don't give a damn about what sips do one way or other regarding a bowl.
The humiliation of being charity-handed a bowl invitation to some meaningless bowl then getting their azzes handed to them by another 5-7 team is almost a better scenario.
It's better for them to get a bowl game and have an additional 15 practices to start to build a little bit of momentum for next year. I understand recruiting enough to know that we have a better chance at getting the Texas 5 stars if they don't go to a bowl game.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oh my, 82 bowl slots this year
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the bowl game and practices will also help them keep the roster together.

don't want guys going home for a month...and being contacted about transferring
Page 1 of 2
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.