Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

LSU media and fanbase melting down this morning over possibility of hiring BOB

10,685 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Kramer
Pumpkinhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fletcher Mackel weighs in on the search | TigerDroppings.com

Quote:

I tweeted about O'Brien earlier today… I think powers that be at LSU are floating his name because he's serious candidate right now - maybe #1 on Woodward's list now that Jimbo isn't coming. @ReceDavis
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I can only hope this actually happens...
InsomniAg
AG
I am not a lucky man. This may turn things around…
Madmarttigan
AG
This would be amazing
Aston 91
AG
The fact that a reporter named Fletcher covers the corndogs seems appropriate.
Charlie Murphy
Not gonna happen, reporter trying(successfully) to generate clicks.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Can you imagine BOB at LSU and sark at texas?

That would be glorious
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Appears the fan base is beginning to turn on Woodward too.

What a poop show.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
NyAggie
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Fletcher Mackel weighs in on the search | TigerDroppings.com

Quote:

I tweeted about O'Brien earlier today… I think powers that be at LSU are floating his name because he's serious candidate right now - maybe #1 on Woodward's list now that Jimbo isn't coming. @ReceDavis
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I can only hope this actually happens...
we all knew Jimbo wasn't going there from the getgo, but you media guys wouldn't listen to the man's denials.
bulverdeaggie93
AG
at least the guy was honest and started it with "just a hunch here"… and not the usual made up "a reliable source"
AgNav93
AG
What a time to be alive. tu a dumpster fire, and getting to watch the trailer trash that is LSU, come to the realization they're not the pretty girl in the room but are instead a crack addicted lot lizard that no one wants.
Frok
AG
I would be mad too. Can't believe BOB would ever be considered. So much for Woodward being a great AD. Turns out he's just good at offering ridiculous money to people.
Shadow of CuervoAg
Just a bunch of Click Bait.

Only ego induced wild speculation to this point and websites are taking advantage to drive site traffic.
Do not post opposing views or you too, like me, will become a shadow of your former self.
McInnis80
It appears that LSU thinks that they need the second coming of Nick Sabin to be the LSU coach. Les Miles and and Coach O have proven you don't need a great coach to win a Natty at LSU. LSU should get Dave Aranda committed to come to BR before Baylor locks him down or USC lures him to LA. Of this this means LSU doing something smart, so we know that's not going to happen.

Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Is the conventional wisdom that L Riley is going to pass? I am probably behind.
Little Rock Ag
AG
No way they hire O'Brien...they couldn't possibly be that dumb...could they?
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

Is the conventional wisdom that L Riley is going to pass? I am probably behind.
The major things I have read are:

1) LSU is supposedly offering him a massive pay raise to come over but
2) Most folks think he has his eyes set on the NFL
Divining Rod
if they hire him, they need to understand it takes a long time to change the culture. patience tigers…. PATIENCE!

oh, and same advice to the 'sips…
AG
Don't get too cocky about LSU hiring O'Brien being a bad deal (good for us). Quite a few NFL failures have won college football national championships post their NFL failures.....
"Aggies don't lie, cheat, or steal, nor do they tolerate those who do!" - Aggie Code of Honor
Ray Baker
I strongly doubt he'd be considered. Media is reaching at this point because they have nothing else to talk about.
Tucker hasn't agreed to his extension, but I don't see LSU matching the reported salary from MichSt for him.
No word from Riley
Napier, Aranda, Kiffin are still out there.
My Name Is Judge
Why would they not take Aranda?
Cheating ass refs are the real pandemic
ElephantRider
AG
Dear lord, please let them hire BoB
rbcs_2
AG
I think his style is much more suited for the college game and it wouldn't surprise me if he was being considered. He's also taken over a program before that going through some **** just like LSU (but not really).

Now I don't know if he would stick around long term and maybe that's the overall idea but they could do much worse.
sportsfreak1975
My Name Is Judge said:

Aranda is probably pissed at how everything went down at LSU during his previous stint there.
azhector72
best Christmas present ever!
Bison
AG
I'm calling clickbait on this one. BOB has less than a year under Our Sa(t)an's Rehab Program For Distressed Coaches. The Bama fans are already calling for BOB's head. This seems spurious, and not in the Ol' Ball Coach kind of way.

If LSU pulls this trigger and Auburn holds the Bama O to less than thirty points, the meltdown will be glorious to witness.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Ray Baker
My Name Is Judge said:

Could be headed to USC
Vinny
From a BAMA fans point of view O'Brien to LSU would be a double win for them. That tells you everything you need to know.

If this were to happen the meltdown on Tigerdroppings would be spectacular!
Bunk Moreland
My Name Is Judge said:

He might already be in line for USC.

Edit...was posted just above
Bunk Moreland
Vinny said:

From a BAMA fans point of view O'Brien to LSU would be a double win for them. That tells you everything you need to know.

Bama has a first year starter at QB, 3 new OL, new TE and just got done having possibly the most prolific 3-4 years of WR's ever assembled on a college roster all finally move to the NFL...and their total offense is 10th in the country this year. That first year QB (which is his position he coaches along with OC) is the current vegas favorite to win the Heisman.

BoB may be a lot of things but to be upset with the job he's doing so far this year seems ridiculous.
DW91AG95
AG
I read that as Stoops for a second and panicked. Him at LSU could be dangerous.
BMX Bandit
Bunk Moreland said:

Vinny said:

Bama has a first year starter at QB, 3 new OL, new TE and just got done having possibly the most prolific 3-4 years of WR's ever assembled on a college roster all finally move to the NFL...and their total offense is 10th in the country this year. That first year QB (which is his position he coaches along with OC) is the current vegas favorite to win the Heisman.

BoB may be a lot of things but to be upset with the job he's doing so far this year seems ridiculous.

exactly. fans are not smart.
superunknown
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Vinny said:

Not to Bama fans. The t-shirt variety has the "excellence is our birthright" gene at 100x the strength of your garden variety t-shirt sip fan.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Vinny said:

It was the 4 yards of rushing against LSU that really got the natives restless.
BMX Bandit
they were calling for his head before that.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.