Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Prairie View Kick Off

1,594 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexAg15
fromKyle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm trying to make plans for the game and timing of the kick off is problematic. I thought someone on the board might be able educate me (or ridicule me). My current train of thought is that the networks decide at the last minute and A&M just goes with it. My gut tells me it's not a major game and likely will be a noon kick on SEC network. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
TecRecAg
AG
Was announced a few days ago 11am kick
Bunk Moreland
they announced some plan with ESPN+/SECN+ to put 4 SEC games on at 11am to push the streaming platform that weekend.
The Agly Duckling
Bunk Moreland said:

they announced some plan with ESPN+/SECN+ to put 4 SEC games on at 11am to push the streaming platform that weekend.
Wow, that's interesting. Seems like it might bring down the ratings a bit for anyone who would want to watch more than one of them, putting them all at 11 AM like that, but I guess they deem it worth it in the long run to push the streaming platform. Hmm.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Here's a game I won't be watching, especially now that it's under another paywall

Get rid of the cupcakes. It's bad for fans, it's bad for TV, players don't get excited, and it's hardly ever competitive.
TAM85
It is good for PVAM.
BrotherChad
AG
So what you're telling me is that I have to have ESPN+ to watch this game?
MarathonAg12
Ghost of Bizbee said:

Here's a game I won't be watching, especially now that it's under another paywall

Get rid of the cupcakes. It's bad for fans, it's bad for TV, players don't get excited, and it's hardly ever competitive.
"bad for fans"

Well this former student and his wife (former student) has not been to a game in over 5 years. A&M is giving us free tickets to go watch the Texas Aggies play. First time our kiddos will be in Kyle Field and we couldn't be happier.

This is a great opportunity to share Aggieland with our future Aggies!
McInnis80
It allows mediocre teams to go to bowl games, and coaches and ADs to get bonus payments. Also it's a big payday for lots of FPS schools, especially for HBCU school. I remember Cal playing Grambling and they got a huge crowd of people to come out to see the Grambling band.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
If you have SECN you can watch SECN+ free, you don't need an ESPN+ paid subscription..........

https://www.secsports.com/article/11130708/about-sec-network-sec-network+

Q: ESPN+ is a paid subscription. Do I have to pay separately to access SEC Network+?

A: No. SEC Network+ is complementary to SEC Network and part of your subscription with your cable, satellite, or streaming provider. Q: If a game is on ESPN+ or SEC Network+, can I watch it on TV? A: SEC Network+ and ESPN+ are not television channels, but they are available via the ESPN App on your TV through connected streaming services and devices. Q: Will the games on SEC Network+ and ESPN+ look any different? A: These games will have the same production value as games across all ESPN networks. For games airing simultaneously on SEC Network+ and ESPN+, both feeds will have the same on-air commentators and game coverage.
Anchorhold
I suggest you log into your account and get it on whichever screen you want the game on at least fifteen minutes before kickoff. The frustration of getting everything set up can be quite high while the game is in play.
Matsui
AG
Thanks!
TexAg15
AG
I don't like the cup cake games. But, if we are going to play them, we should keep them within the system. Arky does it too.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2015
Anchorhold
Pine Bluff was pigs's first in-state opponent in 77 years
TexAg15
AG
You're right. Somehow in my head I had them playing a partner yearly. Probably thinking hoops.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2015
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.