Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Zach Evans

10,399 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by NoahAg
BTHOB-98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seeing some twitter talk he got booted off the team. He's removed all his TCU stuff off of his IG account too supposedly.....

A winning lottery ticket and he blew it!
The Collective
AG
When does he enter the draft?
12mn95
AG
BTHOB-98 said:

Seeing some twitter talk he got booted off the team. He's removed all his TCU stuff off of his IG account too supposedly.....

blew it? some big time school will take him....he is a good player...
dolch
AG
seems like a "great team guy"
BTHOB-98
looks like he is possibly still with the team. Who knows.

https://www.frogsowar.com/2021/10/27/22748750/midweek-musing-athletes-social-media-and-the-art-of-promotion-zach-evans-tcu-football-big-12-nil
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
12mn95 said:

BTHOB-98 said:

blew it? some big time school will take him....he is a good player...

Just about every "big time school" including us passed on him 2 years ago due to character issues. Not sure if this latest development does anything to change their mind. For what it's worth, the tcu beat reporters are saying he was at practice today and the social media stuff is nothing.
TopoTacos
AG
Of course we don't know what's going on in the locker room, but the young man is a special talent on the field and I hope he is able to find a situation that helps him have a smooth college career…

So far, it's looking like a real "what-if" story and that would be a shame.
Vepp
He was at practice yesterday(according to news sources), FWIW.

With his talent level, only a few schools would pass on him as a transfer. I think he is looking to cash in with the NIL rules and TCU hasn't delivered. He's probably seen the money other 5*'s are getting and feels slighted.
maver1ck
AG
I don't think he's being booted.

Sounds like he's just planning to transfer to a school that will win games and get him NIL money.

Can't really blame him.
Bill Superman
AG
NIL money at Tcu is for the birds
Mayor West
AG
nbaker2022 said:

I don't think he's being booted.

Sounds like he's just planning to transfer to a school that will win games and get him NIL money.

Can't really blame him.

NOBODY saw these types of situations happening
QB1
AG
Was this what Gary Pat was ranting about in the past - telling boosters they had to step up....cry cry
leardriver
AG
Friend of mine with TCU connections says Evans is entering the transfer portal. This is also being reported by Sports Illustrated, I believe. Whether he's accompanied by a case of Dr Pepper is yet to be determined.

CB, '67
Sometimes if you want a different answer, you have to ask a different question.
12thMan9
AG
Zach Evans couldn't spell NIL if you spotted him the N & the I.
Ronnie '88
My Name Is Judge
He's a princess
Gramercy Riffs
AG
This is the kid who was sent home the day of the high school state title game, yes?
Aggie
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

This is the kid who was sent home the day of the high school state title game, yes?

Yes
Sounds like a real winner
Agsuffering@bulaw
We all knew he was a POS. Not surprising.
AggieZUUL
AG
unlike his great great grandpappy, he'll never have a library named after him.
maver1ck
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

For wanting to transfer to a school where he can make some NIL money?

You don't know him or his situation. But yeah, stay trashing kids on a message board.
12mn95
AG
12thMan9 said:

Zach Evans couldn't spell NIL if you spotted him the N & the I.
I thought I read somewhere he had a 4.0...so he might be able to spell it
12thMan9
AG
nbaker2022 said:

Agsuffering@bulaw said:

You don't know him or his situation. But yeah, stay trashing kids on a message board.

You don't know **** either. But yeah, go ahead and advocate for him to prostitute himself for money.
Ronnie '88
Ag in Tiger Country
AG
Stop with the virtue signaling; the kid is a known problem. There's no other way around it!
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
Vepp said:

He was at practice yesterday(according to news sources), FWIW.

With his talent level, only a few schools would pass on him as a transfer. I think he is looking to cash in with the NIL rules and TCU hasn't delivered. He's probably seen the money other 5*'s are getting and feels slighted.

Again…just about every school passed on him 2 years ago as the #1 RB in high school. I don't neccisarily think the evaluation has changed significantly since then.
maver1ck
AG
12thMan9 said:

nbaker2022 said:

Agsuffering@bulaw said:

You don't know **** either. But yeah, go ahead and advocate for him to prostitute himself for money.
Right, but I'm not the one name calling 19 year old college football players that I know very little about.

The Collective
AG
Old article, obviously he did not end up here or at LSU.
https://texashsfootball.com/remember-phone-gate-zach-evans-is-dominating-on-and-off-the-field/

Quote:

The dismissal from the team was just one of several events over a 1-2 month period that had Evans in the headlines. Adam McAbee summarized those events from December 2019-January 2020:

Dec. 14: Evans misses the first half of a playoff game because he had to take his ACT test that morning.
Dec. 19: He signs a National Letter of Intent with a college program but delayed announcing his commitment to Jan. 2 during the Under Armour All-American Game. The letter was signed and sent to his college.
Dec. 21: News breaks that Evans was sent home from the state title game for violating the team's cell phone policy and getting into arguments over this issue with coaches. The incident occurred just hours before the state title rematch with Duncanville. This was the second time this season Evans was suspended after missing two games for a violation of team rules.
Dec. 28: During the week of the All-American Game, Evans told reporters he indeed signed with a team and will be enrolling early. His finalists were said to include Georgia, Alabama and LSU.
Jan. 2: The morning of the All-American Game, Evans declares he will not announce his commitment decision. Rather, he took the opportunity with Deion Sanders by his side to publicly apologize to his future coach.
Jan. 7: Evans was released from his Letter of Intent and SEC financial aid agreement to Georgia. A full release was granted to Evans, and according to multiple sources, he will now choose between LSU or Texas A&M.
Divining Rod
jeez, lighten up folks. from the outside, yeah, it looks like he really mishandled his recruiting, and he was an easy target to dis. I don't know if any of us really know more than that about the guy, or what he might be dealing with now or in past. Better to err on the side of being civil.

A little grace never hurts.
maver1ck
AG
Ag in Tiger Country said:

Stop with the virtue signaling; the kid is a known problem. There's no other way around it!
As far as I've heard, he hasn't been a problem at all since being at TCU, and now he's just wanting to transfer to a bigger program. I don't really see the issue here.
Tamu_mgm
AG
That guy is such a drama-queen clown. Is no different from when he was stringing along schools in the recruiting process.
maver1ck
AG
Divining Rod said:

jeez, lighten up folks. from the outside, yeah, it looks like he really mishandled his recruiting, and he was an easy target to dis. I don't know if any of us really know more than that about the guy, or what he might be dealing with now or in past. Better to err on the side of being civil.

Guarantee none of these people would say this stuff to his face

Awfully bold behind the keyboard
rootube
AG
nbaker2022 said:

Divining Rod said:

Guarantee none of these people would say this stuff to his face

Awfully bold behind the keyboard

He was kicked off his high school team and from the outside it looks like he has been burning bridges ever since. He's clearly is a gifted player but eventually it takes more to succeed in life. I don't think it would shock anyone if he pissed his entire career down the toilet.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
He isn't good enough to be this type of problem. Not saying he isn't good but damn this dude has some baggage. So glad we didn't get this guy he appears to be a cancer.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Don't care, got LJ Johnson....
Showstopper
AG
I could definitely see him going to like Ole Miss or maybe even Arkansas for a year. If he has any kind of draft projection at all he will try to go pro after. In fact, regardless of his projection, that's what I would expect.
The Collective
AG
Showstopper said:

I could definitely see him going to like Ole Miss or maybe even Arkansas for a year. If he has any kind of draft projection at all he will try to go pro after. In fact, regardless of his projection, that's what I would expect.

Funny you say that - I was asking my Frog buddy about it, and we both said Ole Miss at the same time. It just makes sense.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.