Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Nick Saban to coach 10 more years

5,283 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by halfastros81
Toptierag2018
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Question to Nick Saban on the SEC teleconference: "When you were at LSU, Lou Saban got a job when he was 80 years old, he was still coaching. I remember you saying at the time that you didn't think you could coach that long."

A laughing Nick Saban: "I've got 10 more years, man."

" "I just kind of keep on keeping on, and I don't have a timetable for anything," Saban said. "The only thing that I've ever said is that if I felt like I was riding the program down or I wasn't able to make a positive contribution to the program, then that would probably be time to let somebody else carry the torch."

Jimbo Fisher will have 10 more chances to get 10 more wins over him.
AggieZUUL
AG
Unlike Lou... (allegedly Nick's distant cousin) he'll likely not end his coaching career with a Div. II team.
I predict Nick has some tough years coming up and he'll bow out within 5 years.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
All coachspeak to counter any negative recruiting saying he won't be there long.
Gotta keep those #1 classes rolling in to keep winning.
Alpha Texan
AG
Surely another game against Calzada and his cardiologist will make him retire
Bill Superman
AG
Who cares, Jimbo is gaining on him.
Jimbo4win
AG
Saban will coach to age 80 and so will Jimbo meaning Jimbo will be our head coach for another 24 years..
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Assuming the SEC retains divisions, they will move Alabama and Auburn to the SEC East and Missouri to the SEC West. I am expecting a 9-game conference schedule against 7 division opponents and 2 rotating cross-division opponents. After Oklahoma and Texas join the SEC in likely 2023, we won't face Alabama annually. Instead, we might face Alabama in SEC Championship Games. Still, Jimbo Fisher will have several more opportunities to beat Nick Saban. If Jimbo coaches until he is 80 years, he will be our head coach for another 24 years.
bigblackag12
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Assuming the SEC retains divisions, they will move Alabama and Auburn to the SEC East and Missouri to the SEC West. I am expecting a 9-game conference schedule against 7 division opponents and 2 rotating cross-division opponents. After Oklahoma and Texas join the SEC in likely 2023, we won't face Alabama annually. Instead, we might face Alabama in SEC Championship Games. Still, Jimbo Fisher will have several more opportunities to beat Nick Saban. If Jimbo coaches until he is 80 years, he will be our head coach for another 24 years.

You got links to that knowledge or is this just conjecture
JJxvi
AG
Nowhere does that say he's going to coach ten more years,

When he says he's "got ten more years" he jokingly means that he still has ten more years to retire before he would be proven wrong back when he said he didnt think he would coaching at 80. Then he clarifies that he has no timetable.
ABATTBQ87
AG
bigblackag12 said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

I agree with Iraq2xVeteran's analysis of new divisions, as they make geographical sense

West:
Missouri
Arkansas
OU
tu
A&M
LSU
Miss St
Old Miss

East
SCAR
Georgia
Florida
Tennessee
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
Alabama
Auburn
Counterpoint
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

bigblackag12 said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

I agree with Iraq2xVeteran's analysis of new divisions, as they make geographical sense

West:
Missouri
Arkansas
OU
tu
A&M
LSU
Miss St
Old Miss

East
SCAR
Georgia
Florida
Tennessee
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
Alabama
Auburn

Like not having Bama every year but HATE the Big 12 reunion.
alamogeorge
AG
I think he was saying that he has 10 more years to catch Lou Saban, not proclaiming that he intends to coach for 10 more years.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
Marcus Brutus
Saban is in decline.
Sparkie
AG
The Sec will keep Bama and Georgia split. That way both teams can make it to the conference championship. Keeps the opportunity of both making it to the playoffs.
hunter2012
AG
Jimbo:
Bucketrunner
Ugh. Horrible road trips to Norman, Austin, and Missouri. Boring, dull, awful locations. I want something better. We love going to Alabama, Auburn, and South Carolina every other year. Won't be making those trips to the three new boring locations.
PGAG
AG
Recruiting tactic
Ag_B_10
AG
Didn't Joe Paterno coach until he 117 or 118?
halfastros81
AG
I think he'll break Bryant's win record and then retire. 5-6 more years.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.