Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

WHOA!!!! How the worm has turned! (NFL Draft projection 2022)

6,507 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Divining Rod
Divining Rod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/2022-NFL-Mock-Draft-Ole-Miss-quarterback-Matt-Corral-emerges-in-top-10-173856322/#173856322_7

Texas A&M with 4 1st Rounders, 3 in top 16

Bama 2, Clemson 2, Georgia 2, LSU 1
riverrataggie
AG
Just a sliver of first rounders there.

Also, I only saw three, 2 on top 11
Divining Rod
oops- correcting 3 in top 16
Rebel Yell
AG
I could be wrong but I heard we ain't done yet.
hunter2012
AG
Which is why MSST and Arky hurt so much, top playmaker-wise we're taking a step back next year even if the team is better. This year was primed for us to make a run.
texan12
I can't believe only 3 QBs are on the board of which one is top ten.

Corral is a baller considering his size. I hope whichever nickel back or LB that gets the pleasure of spying on him during the Ole Miss game is ready.
Stupid@17
AG
I hope green stays for purely selfish reasons; however if this draft prospect is legit he needs to go.
Jimbo4win
AG
4 first rounders..I think Achane and LJ Johnson will be just fine at RB next year The offensive line will be solid as well. QB will be insane. Weigman is legit. If Jimbo finishes with a top 5 class, which he will, we will be just fine indeed..
wangus12
AG
Well they think the Bills are gonna win the Super Bowl so...
2008and1
AG
hunter2012 said:

Which is why MSST and Arky hurt so much, top playmaker-wise we're taking a step back next year even if the team is better. This year was primed for us to make a run.

We had two major question marks in OL and QB. Both ended up being problematic.
Alpha Texan
AG
hunter2012 said:

Very few teams are "primed" to make a run after losing 4 good ones on the OL and their QB who protects the ball extremely well, the 2 things I find most important to an SEC offense. Only Bama can be relied upon to be "primed" after all that, so I don't think we were primed.
Alpha Texan
AG
Wow! If that is right, and Demarvin Leal moves to the offensive line, that would be a flaming take. 247 will have my respect!
MaroonGoons2020
AG
hunter2012 said:

I disagree. We were primed to struggle early in the season replacing 4 olinemen and a 4 year starter at quarterback. Replacing 4 lineman and our experience at QB was bound to affect productivity at the skill positions. We are now reaping the benefits from the experience the lineman are gaining. The offense efficiency is now allowing the defense to shine. Everything is now falling into place.
NyAggie
AG
2008and1 said:

hunter2012 said:

Plus injuries

If king doesn't go down you have to think we win at least one of Arkansas/miss st, though who knows, then, if we beat bama

I think it worked out the way it was meant to work out: bottom out with the ark and msu losses only to regroup and come together to beat bama

Now we make our run and I just have this feeling that auburn takes down bama
Alpha Texan
AG
NyAggie said:

2008and1 said:

hunter2012 said:

Plus injuries

If king doesn't go down you have to think we win at least one of Arkansas/miss st, though who knows, then, if we beat bama

I think it worked out the way it was meant to work out: bottom out with the ark and mud losses only to regroup and come together to beat bama

I'm the same way. Just this funny feeling that Bo at home finds a way and the Auburn defense just comes out with intensity. Even if it doesn't happen, if we'll just win out and go 10-2 with no invite to Atlanta, I'll be super content.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
NyAggie said:

2008and1 said:

hunter2012 said:

Plus injuries

I think it worked out the way it was meant to work out: bottom out with the ark and mud losses only to regroup and come together to beat bama

Not only King but 2 of the top 3 CBs and our 2nd best OL missed those 2 games. We most definitely win at least one of those at full strength.
Spyderman
AG
Trust The Process
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Bobcat-Ag
If you just look at the non-Aggies projected for the 12st round, there are many that Jimbo and crew were recruiting. Looks like they may know a thing or 2 about which players will help the team win.
NyAggie
AG
Alpha Texan said:

NyAggie said:

2008and1 said:

hunter2012 said:

Plus injuries

I'm the same way. Just this funny feeling that Bo at home finds a way and the Auburn defense just comes out with intensity. Even if it doesn't happen, if we'll just win out and go 10-2 with no invite to Atlanta, I'll be super content.
same here.

10-2 with a win over bama would be a great season.

Agsuffering@bulaw
Rebuilt OL take time to come together. I also wanted to believe we had enough talent and a soft enough early schedule. RJ Bell had some stat that even pro teams completely rebuilding the OL tend to struggle early.

We forgot about all the Covid seniors programs like arkie and MSU brought back. Those were the difference.
riverrataggie
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Rebuilt OL take time to come together. I also wanted to believe we had enough talent and a soft enough early schedule. RJ Bell had some stat that even pro teams completely rebuilding the OL tend to struggle early.

We forgot about all the Covid seniors programs like arkie and MSU brought back. Those were the difference.

Look at Kansas City. They rebuilt their OL this off-season and they have a losing record.
Traveler
AG
hunter2012 said:

Agree - depending on how they finish, Ags will be talking about 1 or both of these games for a long time.

But, if they lose to OM and Aub, then those games won't have mattered much at all ...
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Matt Corral to the Washington Football Team?

T&P's
W
AG
hunter2012 said:

yes, it's the Mississippi State loss at home that is the killer.

the coaching staff could not make sufficient adjustments after the Arkansas loss
MavsAg
AG
Was there one big 12 player on that list? What a joke of a conference.
TopoTacos
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

NyAggie said:

2008and1 said:

hunter2012 said:

Plus injuries

Not only King but 2 of the top 3 CBs and our 2nd best OL missed those 2 games. We most definitely win at least one of those at full strength.

Yeah, part of me believes that if Robinson had been at 100% we beat Arky and then probably don't falter as hard against State… but again if my choices are those two losses vs losing to Bama I'm choosing the poor start every time.
94chem
Alpha Texan said:

Wow! If that is right, and Demarvin Leal moves to the offensive line, that would be a flaming take. 247 will have my respect!

That would be RT, LT, OT, OG, LG, RG or C. OL might mean something else here. Think about it ...
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Alpha Texan
AG
Please honey, I beg of you: let me have my sarcasm...
Dr Lane Trowlan
MavsAg said:

Zero from Big12, 16 from SEC. That's insane. If this were to hold true, half the first round would be from the SEC.
Alpha Texan
AG
Dr Lane Trowlan said:

MavsAg said:

Zero from Big12, 16 from SEC. That's insane. If this were to hold true, half the first round would be from the SEC.
It will hurt losing the money of OU and tu, but I think the Big12 might actually be better adding the 4 new teams. Those 4 new schools have performed higher than the average Big12 school over the last 5 years, I bet.
Divining Rod
^yeah, I think they did pretty well bringing them in. unlike a lot of others here, I'm rooting for the B12 to do well (especially with the 'sips departure). I have enough empathy to go around- we got ours with the SEC move. I take no delight when any school's conference blows up. It really sucks, and screw ESPN.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.