Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Would you trade Jimbo Fisher for ONE national championship?

5,471 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by NathanChristie
Padre_Island_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Would you trade a movie scene with A. Baldwin for a single national championship?

Let's go Brandon!

Soli Deo Gloria
The Agly Duckling
Answer to OP: No, because I think Jimbo can win multiple NCs.

Also, Jimbo being here equals program elevation. After Jimbo Freakin' Fisher is done here, we should be considered a top job and be able to attract other top coaches.

In other words, Jimbo being here, I believe, promotes looooong-term success.
Bryanisbest
AG
Impossible. He is our national championship. How do you trade a natty for a natty?
jphelmet
AG
A. Easy.

It's funny all the posts about winning 10 games every year when he's yet to win 10 games in a season here.
LatinAggie1997
AG
jphelmet said:

A. Easy.

It's funny all the posts about winning 10 games every year when he's yet to win 10 games in a season here.

The question was asked this year so I doubt it is retroactive.
whoop1995
AG

I collect ticket stubs and another one next to this one on my desk would be sweet
dcg4403
AG
Interesting question.

I think ANYONE who wouldn't take the Natty over Jimbo doesn't understand the legacy of Aggie football.

If my lifetime I would be thankful to have a single natty.

Most Ags have died without witnessing one for reference.
GigEmTx
Mid-50's and it's "B" all the way. Jimbo's the guy , although I'd prefer to make Elko a rich man, too.

I've spent a lot of years watching Aggie football without a lot to realistically look forward to in the off season. Every year, it was "Man, I hope we have a good team this year", and "I hope they can string together a few wins" and "wow, wouldn't it be great if they get ranked this year?" And on and on. It gets old.

This past year, it was "I think we'll have a great team this year", "I think they've got a good shot against Bama", and "I think they have the talent to run the table, just need a little luck to go with it". Coaching is solid and the team has more talent than any team in the past.

Football isn't my life, but my life sure seems more full when the Aggies are playing well on the field. A single one-and-done Natty would be great, but with t.u. and OU coming to the SEC soon, it's a horrible time to enter the coaching carousel. The wrong choice could decimate us.

I'd take 10 years of really fun football with the Aggies finally being "in the conversation" every year rather than having a single great year and then going back to where we've been.
GigEmTx
jphelmet said:

A. Easy.

The "winning 10 games" is based on the assumption of a 12-game season + bowl game, which is a 77% win percentage. With a 9-1 record, I'd give the Aggies honorary 10-win credit for last year.
dixichkn
AG
I'm 55. And I freaking love Jimbo Fisher.

But sorry dude…….my time's running out.

A
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
I'd take A any day!
ElephantRider
AG
Snap E Tom said:

Mac94 said:

Lol ... I think the persons age needs to be with the response. Have a feeling the older the poster the higher probability of an "A" answer.

Since I'm solidly in my 50's .... A, lol
Definitely think you have a point. Solidly in my 40's, and I'll go with B.

In my 30s, and I'll personally drive Jimbo to Baton Rouge. A, 100%
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
We won the heisman with JFF. That better than a natty
07ag
AG
give me one championship, please
https://ts.la/eric59704
jphelmet
AG
LatinAggie1997 said:

jphelmet said:

A. Easy.

The question was asked this year so I doubt it is retroactive.

Missed the point. Why presume he will 10 going forward every year when he hasn't done it yet?
Reno Hightower
F off OP!
bigblackag12
AG
OP got all of yall to wish Jimbo away again with the psy-op post of the season.
AggieSVT
AG
B, no question, no doubt.
aeon-ag
Little Rock Ag said:

Sp, it's a dull day at work, and I was thinking about how much I'd give up for A&M to win just one football title in my lifetime. Choose either option A or B:

A. Win the national championship at the end of this season, BUT lose Jimbo to LSU

B. NOT win a title this season and keep Jimbo for the remainder of his career, with a possibility that he coaches us to a title (or two or three) in the future

(I know we could both not win a title AND lose Jimbo, but play along if you want to humor an old Ag)

Don't you have to study, write a term paper, something to do besides ask stupid questions like this??!!
Mordred
AG
whoop1995 said:

I collect ticket stubs and another one next to this one on my desk would be sweet
Damn that's super cool. How much did that set you back?
whoop1995
AG
Mordred said:

whoop1995 said:

Damn that's super cool. How much did that set you back?
Picked it up in 1997 for about 75$ Seen them go for about 200-300 now -only seen about 10-12 of them since early 90's
85AustinAg
AG
Correct answer is trade Jimbo for NC. No guarantees out there but if this were one, we'd take it in a hearbeat. How about we win a NC if you become celibate for the remainder of your days?
Jimbo4win
AG
B. Jimbo will win more than one title so why stop at just one?
Harry Dunne
A. 100% without hesitation.

The odds are against Jimbo winning one national championship here. I don't know what kind of odds Vegas would give you of him winning 2, but I suspect they would be lottery-like.

The whole goal is to win a championship and we haven't in 80 years. I don't GAF who the coach is, I just want to win a championship. The coach could be your mom and I would be equally happy.

I would trade Jimbo plus every other sport on campus for a championship.
halfastros81
AG
No. Just because the way he recruits we will have multiple
Chances throughout the rest of his career here. I'd prefer A chance at several . His replacement would be a total crapshoot.

He's not leaving anyway but I suppose it's fun to discuss the hypothetical .
ElephantRider
AG
halfastros81 said:

No. Just because the way he recruits we will have multiple
Chances throughout the rest of his career here. I'd prefer A chance at several . His replacement would be a total crapshoot.

He's not leaving anyway but I suppose it's fun to discuss the hypothetical .
I don't care if his replacement is Carl Torbush, I'd still pick A.
Ogre09
AG
If he has a 5% chance of winning it each of his 10 years, he has a 40% chance of doing it at least once.
Just Tired
Rule#2 said:

realestateguru said:

I would trade my wife for one.

Prove it

i don't doubt that… win/win for a lot of guys…
Loyalty
AG
Nope. Not when we will get both.
NathanChristie
AG
A. But only if we get Dabo to replace Jimbo.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.