Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

All you need to know about TxTech's program and AD Holcutt....

12,392 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Divining Rod
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tramp96 said:

Agsuffering@bulaw said:

We didn't fire the beat coach in our history after a 9-3 season, over trumped up nonsense.

Hocutt and the rest of that circus were offended that leach strong armed them into paying him what he was worth.

We pay our coaches. Often excessively. We give them sufficient time to prove or disprove themselves.

Yes, we have made some unwise moves. They are on a whole different level of folly.
Maybe you should actually know the facts before posting:

1. Kirby H. wasn't even the AD when that happened. He didn't arrive at Tech until two years later.
2. Hance asked Leach to sign a letter stating he upholds the safety of his student athletes.
3. Leach refused to sign the letter and told Hance to GFY
4. Hance suspended Leach from coaching the Alamo Bowl. That was it.
5. Leach sued in response.
6. Hance fired Leach for suing.
7. The best coach in Tech history was probably Steve Sloan.

Now I'm not defending Hance nor Leach in this whole fiasco, just want to make sure the actual facts of the case are known rather than that drivel posted above.

FIFY
Tramp96
MooreTrucker said:

Tramp96 said:

Agsuffering@bulaw said:

We didn't fire the beat coach in our history after a 9-3 season, over trumped up nonsense.

Hocutt and the rest of that circus were offended that leach strong armed them into paying him what he was worth.

We pay our coaches. Often excessively. We give them sufficient time to prove or disprove themselves.

Yes, we have made some unwise moves. They are on a whole different level of folly.
Maybe you should actually know the facts before posting:

1. Kirby H. wasn't even the AD when that happened. He didn't arrive at Tech until two years later.
2. Hance asked Leach to sign a letter stating he upholds the safety of his student athletes.
3. Leach refused to sign the letter and told Hance to GFY
4. Hance suspended Leach from coaching the Alamo Bowl. That was it.
5. Leach sued in response.
6. Hance fired Leach for suing.
7. The best coach in Tech history was probably Steve Sloan.

Now I'm not defending Hance nor Leach in this whole fiasco, just want to make sure the actual facts of the case are known rather than that drivel posted above.

FIFY
You're right...I forgot about that part. His actual words to Hance were "You and the Board of Regents can go f*** yourselves."

Even then, he didn't get fired. He didn't get fired until he sued to be reinstated for the Alamo Bowl.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Whatever. It was trumped up nonsense. It was a pretext. They wanted him gone for demanding to be paid fair market value. All the chicken crap they pulled was designed to push him out.

Then, they played the sovereign immunity card instead of paying him.

Steve Sloan was there for 3 years and then left for greener pastures. He had a losing record at his next 2 jobs. But don't let me stop you from idolizing him.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Regardless, Tech fired a coach that had taken them to heights they had never seen before. It would be like Miss. State firing Mullen after he had taken State to #1 under Dak. It was a huge mistake to fire Leach but the relationship had needlessly become so strained the options were either Leach quitting or them firing him. Can't remember whatever happened to his buyout lawsuit.

Anyway, CFB has changed a lot since then. Personally I like Lubbock, good people and a nice town, but very hard to recruit to. Their ceiling is 7-5 or 8-4 in a JV league.

As a neutral I still don't like how it was handled, that is fine if you want to fire Wells for performance and the recruiting, go ahead and start the feeling out and vetting process, I just think when a team is 5-3 with 4 games left to get bowl eligible you owe it to the players to let it play out and not take such a drastic move during the season.

$$ talks but coaches also do look at how the U administration handled prior coaches and their termination. At Tech, firing a coach with a 5-3 record is not a good look, in Red Stick firing a coach less than 24 months after an undefeated SEC & NC championship season is not a good look. Both will be viewed and judged very negatively by future coaching candidates, though again $$ talks and that can be overcome.

The funniest thing about the Leach demise at Tech was the big $$ Tech boosters and Tech AD leadership were so clueless. They really thought Tech was one of the best jobs in the country, like Top 5 job and program and they could easily make a Jimbo / Saban type hire. That was a HUGE miscalculation. In no universe, reality, or alternate reality or universe would or could Texas Tech EVER be a top 5 job/program.
Divining Rod
BUlaw replying "Whatever." after being called out for major gaffe saying Hocutt screwed up the Leach thing, when Hocutt wouldnt arrive in Lubbock til a couple years later. hope you're not a trial lawyer!

Oh, and Leach was absolutely correct not to sign that statement. GFY wasnt far off from the best response.
Builder93
AG
Bartender, I'll have a dusty womble, neat.
Turkey
AG
And you're talking about tech because....? I don't even know who their coach is or was. I left the big 12 in my rear view mirror when A&M joined the SEC 10 years ago.
MooreTrucker
AG
And yet you chose to click on and reply to this thread.
Agsuffering@bulaw
The original point is that tech manages football like fools. It holds up. And yes, I have won plenty of trials.
BostonAg74
Builder93 said:

Bartender, I'll have a dusty womble, neat.
Or....A guy tells his urologist: "Doc, I have a dusty womble."
Harry Dunne
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

The original point is that tech manages football like fools. It holds up. And yes, I have won plenty of trials.
"Don't forget, half the trial lawyers in the country lose every week"

Divining Rod
Turkey said:

And you're talking about tech because....? I don't even know who their coach is or was. I left the big 12 in my rear view mirror when A&M joined the SEC 10 years ago.

i'm so proud of you. We all are.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.