Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The O Line is now considered good and we win out

4,729 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TAM85
maroongoon95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I believe that the O Line has found it's identity and will continue to improve. This team is now reminding me of the infamous 2012 team. After beating Bama, the team continued to get better and finished with an 11-2 record. Calzada is also showing improvement each week. The defense is wrecking crew 2.0. Receivers are stepping it up. I predict a win in a Ny 6 bowl
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Username checks out
Triple-T
AG
SEC Championship or GTFO!!!
PatriotAg02
AG
If Kentucky wins out (and they will be favored to do so), and finishes 11-1, do they get a NY6 if we win out at 10-2? Can both of us get a NY6?
TAM85
Someone else beat Bama, please!
Ag_B_10
AG
They'll be good from here on out as long as we win. If we drop one, the bashing will begin again!
StinkyPinky
AG
I hear media comments now to the effect of 'one of the best lines in the nation'. Far cry for how we started the year, especially with such a young base. Green will undoubtedly be a first team all SEC selection.
Deplorable
PatriotAg02 said:

If Kentucky wins out (and they will be favored to do so), and finishes 11-1, do they get a NY6 if we win out at 10-2? Can both of us get a NY6?

Guessing they can't because contracts, but let us play Kentucky!
Alpha Texan
AG
Kenyon? That you?
The Agly Duckling
maroongoon95 said:

I believe that the O Line has found it's identity and will continue to improve.
Username checks out.
AggieJoker90
AG
maroongoon95 said:

This team is now reminding me of the infamous 2012 team. After beating Bama, the team continued to get better and finished with an 11-2 record.

This team is NOTHING like the 2012 team with the exception of two losses to SEC teams.
Heisman QB and first round WR1 (Evans) and very good WR2 (Swope) with decent RBs and above average defense
Average QB and first round RB1 and future NFL RB2 with decent WRs and exceptional defense.
Understandable losses to Florida and LSU that could of been won
Head scratching losses to Arkansas (which is looking worse every week) and Miss State

Just my opinion……I could be wrong
Batman96
Arkansas has nothing to lose & Auburn has a shot. They've looked beatable in a couple games now…not counting A&M game. Bryce Young sure is crafty. Gets them out of bad situations that you usually don't see Bama in this often. I wish I had a crystal ball. I'd like to see Bama's record if they would have lost Bryce in game #2!
HoustonAg2106
AG
Jimbo Fisher teams get better as the year goes on...his record after Halloween since he came here in 2018 is 12-3
The Agly Duckling
HoustonAg2106 said:

Jimbo Fisher teams get better as the year goes on...his record after Halloween since he came here in 2018 is 12-3
I want to know the difference between what Jimbo and Sumlin did/were doing to produce the exact opposite trends as the season goes on into October and November.
Batty
TAM85 said:

Someone else beat Bama, please!
11/6vsLSU

11/13vsN. Mex. St.

11/20vsArkansas

11/27vsAuburn

Bama's remaining 4 games.
SinKiller
AggieJoker90 said:

maroongoon95 said:

This team is now reminding me of the infamous 2012 team. After beating Bama, the team continued to get better and finished with an 11-2 record.

This team is NOTHING like the 2012 team with the exception of two losses to SEC teams.
Heisman QB and first round WR1 (Evans) and very good WR2 (Swope) with decent RBs and above average defense
Average QB and first round RB1 and future NFL RB2 with decent WRs and exceptional defense.
Understandable losses to Florida and LSU that could of been won
Head scratching losses to Arkansas (which is looking worse every week) and Miss State

Just my opinion……I could be wrong
The 2012 team would roast this years team...
waltonloads11
AG
I dont think N Mexico St beating Bama will do anything for us.
Ian Neff
AG
Most decent teams with JFF would roast any team ever.
Win At Life
AG
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3202666/replies/59416220

"I predict our OL will be considered a solid asset by mid season."

Wish I could pick stocks this well.
Showstopper
AG
Just so we are clear, winnng out after the Bama game in 2012 wasn't all that tough; we beat Sam Houston and Missouri.
Ugly
AG
The Agly Duckling said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

I want to know the difference between what Jimbo and Sumlin did/were doing to produce the exact opposite trends as the season goes on into October and November.
Quality depth, running a pro-style offense in a spread era vs. running a spread-style offense in older style SEC play, having quality young players itching to go when injury hits, buiilding a culture that learns from hardship rather than crumbling, better talent and depth leads to an ability to hang with teams that use to out-athlete us, more focus on winning in the trenches leads to less-risky plays, and oh, did I mention quality depth?
TAM85
Emilio Fantastico
AG
The quality depth is really showing up on defense. Sure we have our starters, but we rotate so many guys in that we really play the top 1 1/2 - 2 of the depth chart as a normal part of the game and that is with 2 of the top CBs out for the year. So when the "backups" came in against SCar and gave up the two TDs, we were really talking about a lot of 3rd string guys and true freshmen.
Spyderman
AG
Beat Auburn.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

The quality depth is really showing up on defense. Sure we have our starters, but we rotate so many guys in that we really play the top 1 1/2 - 2 of the depth chart as a normal part of the game and that is with 2 of the top CBs out for the year. So when the "backups" came in against SCar and gave up the two TDs, we were really talking about a lot of 3rd string guys and true freshmen.

What I can't come to terms with yet is how Leach smoked out defense. It wasn't even a contest. They straight up gashed us.

I'll never understand that bad defensive performance. That game was an anomaly, but they didn't do well against Srknsas either
Emilio Fantastico
AG
I didn't see the game but it sounded like it was just a bad game plan/strategy by Elko where they applied zero pressure on the QB.
DimebagsGhost
AG
The Agly Duckling said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

the difference is coaching.

That and practicing tackling and dominating the lines. Sumlin was more inclined to dominate the outside but unless you have speed vs slow guys then you can't keep up when the othe team dominates the lines
Ugly
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

Emilio Fantastico said:

What I can't come to terms with yet is how Leach smoked out defense. It wasn't even a contest. They straight up gashed us.

I'll never understand that bad defensive performance. That game was an anomaly, but they didn't do well against Srknsas either
My guess is:

1) Looking ahead to Bama,Elko overlooked some of the Clanga game prep, because

2) rush 3 drop 8 seemed to have worked for everyone since the second game of 2020, so we planned to be in that all night long despite it not really being one of our base sets, and

3) their QB was playing lights out that game, so everytime we tried to switch up the defense, we just got gashed.

TAM85
Your item 2 is what I was thinking.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.