Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Change my mind

7,756 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by B-1 83
Million
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Texas Aggies are the best team in college football right now.
Maroon Skittles
This team Alabama's pretty good.... Oh and I've heard about this other team too... Think it was Georgia maybe ?1?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
I agree that they are playing well, but we won't know until they get a few more tests. Auburn and Ol Miss will be tough games.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Muy
AG
Glad we get Auburn at home first.
SEC Champs
AG
Million said:

Georgia. That's why they're #1 in every poll.

But we definitely played like a Top 5 team the past 3 weeks.
TboneAggie
No. Georgia, Bama, Ohio State, A&M
halfastros81
AG
Win out and let the chips fall as they will.
Bill Superman
AG
Muy said:

Why, we haven't beat them at home yet.

Krazykat
AG
Million said:

The Debt
SEC Champs said:

Million said:

Being undefeated THUS FAR doesnt mean they are the best. In order to be the best, you have to beat the best.

They have beat clemson who is looking exceedingly pedantic this year. They beat kentucky, worldbeaters. *yawn*
RogerStout
We barely beat a rebuilding/reloading Bama team that is very good, but not yet the typical Bama team. A great win, nonetheless.

USCe and Mizzu are two very bad football teams. On par with Colorado, so we've improved significantly since then. Still, you don't get much street cred for beating the tar out these teams.

We're 1-2 in games against teams with a pulse. The next two games are against good teams and we'll know more afterwards. We need to beat them both, at least one convincingly, before any realistic person considers putting us in the top 5.
rootube
AG
We have one of the best wins that's for sure.
8T2
The Debt said:

SEC Champs said:

Million said:

Being undefeated THUS FAR doesnt mean they are the best. In order to be the best, you have to beat the best.

They have beat clemson who is looking exceedingly pedantic this year. They beat kentucky, worldbeaters. *yawn*
Pedantic?

I think I would have gone with "pedestrian".
Agsuffering@bulaw
Watch the UGA game against Auburn or UK and change your own mind!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
halfastros81 said:

These posts always make me laugh.

We're in a football discussion board. This is what we're here to do.
NyAggie
AG
Georgia is the best, but we are right there with the rest of the top teams

GigEmTx
Bill Superman said:

Muy said:

Why, we haven't beat them at home yet.

We ain't done with them yet.
Traveler
AG
Not even close.

Besides the obvious (UGA, Ala, probably OSU ...) -

Ole Miss looks better - Best QB in CFB.

ABATTBQ87
AG
We are the best college football team in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Missouri and South Carolina
Bryanisbest
AG
Great teams must have great QB play. We don't have that yet. We still have a chance to get it before the end.
GigEmTx
This is the kind of year where season stats need to go out the window when you're comparing teams to see who's the better team at this moment. If you want to get a better picture of this current Aggie team, you'd need to throw out the stats from the first 4 games and start fresh. The AP and CFP voters don't have that luxury, so although the Aggies are #14 now, they're playing at a level much higher than that.

There's still a lot of football to play this season with Auburn and Ole Miss being tough games to win, and LSU going all out in O's last game. It's gonna be a fun rest of the way.
The Debt
RogerStout said:

We barely beat a rebuilding/reloading Bama team that is very good, but not yet the typical Bama team. A great win, nonetheless.

This is a terrible take for two reasons.

1) with the number of freshmen and backups playing, we are more disadvantaged than the endless cycle of depth committing to Tuscaloosa. By framing Bama as "reloading" you are creating this frame that they are having a down year and dipped enough so that our best ball can compete. We dont have our best out there, even our best dont have the experience to be their best selves. Which brings me to #2

2) this "down" Bama is still a playoff contender, ergo a national title contender. Is their defense as sharp as it was in 2018? Probably not. But the game is evolving and they have the measurables to respond to the curve. Remember when Saban was bching about the air raid and how it was dangerous for player safety? They had to adjust. When the RPO started threatening them, they adjusted.
The Debt
Now who is being pedantic
Sea Speed
AG
halfastros81 said:

Same line every time at this point in the season for like 10 years now.
Million
Maroon Skittles said:

This team Alabama's pretty good.... Oh and I've heard about this other team too... Think it was Georgia maybe ?1?

You mean that team that we already beat and that other team with a QB controversy that can barely beat a Clemson team that lost to NC state? Consider my mind not changed.
Ulrich
We've proved that we're a good team on our best days, but we got beat by back-to-back mediocre teams not that long ago.

I don't think anyone wants to play us, and we're probably a top 10-15 team. Need more evidence to move up farther. It could happen though, Georgia is the only team who hasn't shown weakness this year.
90ags
Why does everyone take the bait of OP (always on Texags)? I don't peruse other Univ sites, but does this silliness happen everywhere after beating up 2 teams that should have been wins and prove nothing yet?
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
halfastros81
AG
Discuss away. My post Wasn't meant to squelch discussion. If it came across that way it wasn't intentional.
Midnight Yale
AG
Let's just keep on focusing on beating the next team we play. If we can focus and string together four more wins against some very good teams (plus PVAMU), we may very well have the chance to prove we're better than #1 Georgia. We've got to prove we're better than #10 Ole Miss and #18 Auburn before we even have a shot at earning that right.
RogerStout
The Debt said:

RogerStout said:

This is a terrible take for two reasons.

1) with the number of freshmen and backups playing, we are more disadvantaged than the endless cycle of depth committing to Tuscaloosa. By framing Bama as "reloading" you are creating this frame that they are having a down year and dipped enough so that our best ball can compete. We dont have our best out there, even our best dont have the experience to be their best selves. Which brings me to #2

2) this "down" Bama is still a playoff contender, ergo a national title contender. Is their defense as sharp as it was in 2018? Probably not. But the game is evolving and they have the measurables to respond to the curve. Remember when Saban was bching about the air raid and how it was dangerous for player safety? They had to adjust. When the RPO started threatening them, they adjusted.
I don't disagree with all of what you've said, but I'll stand on Bama having a "down" year by their standards. This is probably their most beatable team in at least 5 year.

All teams have injuries and play freshman and sophomores, but only a
The Debt
There is a difference between playing a freshman out of neccessary and playing a freshman because he won the position.
Alpha Texan
AG
SEC Champs said:

Million said:

But we definitely played like a Top 5 team the past 3 2 weeks ago.
fify
aeon-ag
Million said:

It's not upi to me to change your mind. I just call BS!!!!
Leander - Ag
AG
Destroy ole miss and I'll listen. Not until then
12thMan9
AG
GigEmTx said:

and LSU going all out in O's last game.
Do you know something others don't?
Ronnie '88
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.