Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Riley to LSU

15,553 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BOBHICA
BigSneezy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TXAggie2011 said:

OU has recruited Texas well for 100 years. SEC membership will only help that.

Besides, recruiting is a national game these days.

OU and LSU are both elite jobs. A coach will think with the right support, the sky is the limit at either job. If LSU wants him, it will come down to salary and facility promises.

It's gonna come down to guaranteed buyout money. They will not sign that deal.

They will be happy with Aranda and will like it.
CasualObserver44
AG
Hamburger Dan said:

Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

Just my opinion but not going to happen. That is a lateral move at best. At best.

I think that the last, three head coaches at LSU won National Chsmpionships. Better recruiting, & Baton Rouge is better than Norman. If the Title IX allegations can be navigated quickly and without huge reparations- for a coach, it's a no brainer.
Baton Rouge is better than Norman according to who? That might be your opinion, which is valid for you, but these things are never binary. Los Angeles might be the best city in the country to coach football according to a lot of people (beach, weather, nightlife), but if that was all that mattered why isn't Nick Saban leaving the ****hole that is Tuscaloosa for USC right now?

Lincoln Riley has zero connection to Louisiana in any way. Their entire program is mired in a massive Title IX investigation that rivals what Baylor went through. They're currently in the toughest division in college football with annual games against us, Auburn, Alabama, and Florida. He has no connection whatsoever to the AD, and his buyout with OU is close to $30 million, so LSU would be out nearly $50 million before even trying to give Riley a raise that OU would just match. OU has had basically no turnover at any administrative level since Clinton was in office, and has been extremely loyal to coaches, while LSU just fired the guy who won them a championship 20 months ago. Maybe Riley decides he wants to coach LSU, only he really knows, but people acting like a small in-state recruiting advantage is gonna make all the difference in the world to these coaches are insane.
Womackster
AG
Why the hell would Riley leave OU for LSU? Him doing so would be as stupid as Tigers fans believing it's possible.
Tex117
AG
Yeah, I don't know.....

JunctionNephew
What happens if Riley wants a Jimbo contract?

"Woodward, you did it with Jimbo, I want the same contract!"!

Be interesting responses from the Cajun Mafia.

Gig'em
“I can’t die....God doesn’t want me yet and the devil has a restraining order against me.”
BOBHICA
AG
That would be great. Would mean the days of LSU having a great defense are numbered!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.