Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Proud of Calzada

3,940 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nino Brown
PyriteAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Calzada still has ways to go, but he deserves a lot of praise for improving every game (with one freakishly good performance against Bama) and not giving up. Before the Bama game, he was arguably one of the worst D1 QBs period. Now, he's leading what is turning out to be a very effective offense in the SEC and his mistakes seem MUCH more fixable than before. Calzada is the man, and it's clear that he's working hard to become a better player every game.

Hopefully he can fix some of his mistakes during the bye week and come out prepared for Auburn.
VikingNik
AG
He'd be elite if he can work on his three step drop. His is utter garbage. McGee was calling it out in last week's offensive review of Missouri game.
agent-maroon
AG
Stand in the pocket and quit moving the feet.

Easy to say but hard to do when there's monsters actively trying to kill your ass
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Madmarttigan
AG
Who had worse happy feet Mond or Calzada?
AG
Freshman Mond or Senior Mond?
Dark_Knight
AG
He's getting better...as long as there is growth, he's on the right track.
Because I'm Batman!

MaroonGoons2020
AG
Oline has a lot to do with his improvement just as it did with his struggles.
tk for tu juan
bigblackag12
AG
They said he was throwing it 54MPH in warmups. Thats insane
dcg4403
AG
Zach get a solid pat on the back but I personally cannot wait to see Haynes back out there. Simply a far more talented QB than Zach and Haynes gives this team so many more opportunities. Nothing against Zach as the kid is a fighter and deserves to play QB...somewhere. Our team will be a lot better with Haynes out there ultimately.

No reason to be throwing 54 mph when you can't hit a screen pass. He should try throwing it 15 mph to help his development with proper footwork.

I want the bandaid ripped off.
Fishwrangler11
AG
dcg4403 said:

Zach get a solid pat on the back but I personally cannot wait to see Haynes back out there. Simply a far more talented QB than Zach and Haynes gives this team so many more opportunities. Nothing against Zach as the kid is a fighter and deserves to play QB...somewhere. Our team will be a lot better with Haynes out there ultimately.

No reason to be throwing 54 mph when you can't hit a screen pass. He should try throwing it 15 mph to help his development with proper footwork.

This.

The good news of this season is that I think Jimbo is proving our transitional/rebuilding years should make us still a very good 9-10 win team.

The bad news is that if we had good or transcendent QB play, I think we'd be #1 in the country coupled with our defense and running game.

Calzada is neither and credit to Fisher to coaching him up to an average level. If Saban can rip a multi year starter out of a championship game in favor of a freshman that is clearly more talented, no reason Fisher shouldn't consider the same if King is healthy. It not fair to the players when coaches value you relationships over the success of the entire team, and I hope Jimbo gets it right.
Houstonag
AG
King is likely best to take a medical redshirt. Coming back even in a few weeks will be a bad decision. Likelihood of a another injury is high. Jimbo will not bring him back this season.
agent-maroon
AG
Houstonag said:

King is likely best to take a medical redshirt. Coming back even in a few weeks will be a bad decision. Likelihood of a another injury is high. Jimbo will not bring him back this season.
This. Get King healthy for what should be a 3-way competition in the Spring. Calzada is surrounded by players that are good enough to win out and keep us in the running for a decent bowl game and that's pretty much our ceiling at this point in the season anyways.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
alamogeorge
AG
dcg4403 said:

Zach get a solid pat on the back but I personally cannot wait to see Haynes back out there. Simply a far more talented QB than Zach and Haynes gives this team so many more opportunities.

We've seen King for 4 quarters and some change. Other than his one Manziel moment, he didn't stun. He looked good against a very bad team. Not to say he isn't better but we don't have much of a sample size to work with.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
cheroczech
AG
You don't see Calazada tossing deep prayers like Caleb Williams from OU. That dude gets bailed out by bad defense. Can't wait for a decent secondary to expose him. Calzada throws deep and the ball has velocity and purpose. The ball that Demas dropped in the end zone made my jaw drop.

And nice to see better accuracy on the short dumps this weekend. Even if the play gets 2 yards, it's something. But with our backfield any play could bust for a TD. So fun to watch right now with this line gelling.
OKC~Ag
dcg4403 said:

There is no evidence of King being a superior QB talent than Zac, other than being more mobile than Zac.
Also, if King were healthy, it is uncertain that king could have beaten bama this year.

What is clear, Zac's passing skill is insane. His on-the-run 60 yard plus passing in 2nd half of Missouri was incomplete but tantalizingly close. If he could perfect that deep ball strike with Achane, Demas, and Wydermeyer...that would be a killer repertoire.
Nino Brown
He has enough experience now and needs to stop being a poosie.

Either stay in the pocket and make the throws he knows you can make or take off running and get what you can.

The time of pointing fingers is over. The happy feet don't do anything but cause more sacks or picks. Sling it, don't be a vag or just take off and get outta there and get a few yards.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.