Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Is King still injured or is he available?

5,872 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggie87
camelclub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Didn't know if they've showed him on the sideline this game
Anchorhold
He ain't got no pads on.
Jawbreaker
Out for the year
zephyr88
AG
Hobbling on a crutch… so, no.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Saw him booted earlier
agz win
AG
He's now with a cane and he did throw warmup passes but think he's out for season.
DGrimesAg92
Of the 50 times they've showed him on the sideline, on a crutch, my guess would be no.
fieldtrailer
AG
Not sure but i don't think he's lifting weights.
fav13andac1)c
AG
camelclub said:

He was walking on one crutch.
infinity ag
Haynes who
Fishwrangler11
AG
Unfortunately from your comments, it sounds like King is done for the year. It's a real shame as this team probably has a chance to win out and beat Georgia with good QB play. Calzada is basically another version of Mond and by no means "earned" the starting position. I feel for King and hope everyone is wrong and he is able to get back this season.

With Calzada, it will be tough to win out with such a limited offense.
lknapp
The kid has improved every game. Lighten up.
OKC~Ag
Fishwrangler11 said:

Unfortunately from your comments, it sounds like King is done for the year. It's a real shame as this team probably has a chance to win out and beat Georgia with good QB play. Calzada is basically another version of Mond and by no means "earned" the starting position. I feel for King and hope everyone is wrong and he is able to get back this season.

Maybe but he beat bama...Only other A&M QB to beat bama wearing A&M jersey is one and only JF...So Zac has some zoo creds...
Reno Hightower
OKC~Ag said:

Fishwrangler11 said:

Maybe but he beat bama...Only other A&M QB to beat bama wearing A&M jersey is one and only JF...So Zac has some zoo creds...

And Edd Hargett.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Fishwrangler11 said:

I don't think King will see the field again if Zach continues with his improvement.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
camelclub said:

Bulletin: Yes, he is out. He broke his leg against Colorado. And yes I saw him at least twice on the sideline on television.

Pay attention. The questions are getting harder.

Fishwrangler11
AG
lknapp said:

Exclusive of Bama and a bad NM team, a stat line of 50-60% passing for less than 200 yards with a pick is improvement? That's called consistent.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Fishwrangler11 said:

lknapp said:

Exclusive of Bama and a bad NM team, a stat line of 50-60% passing for less than 200 yards with a pick is improvement? That's called consistent.

You forgot to mention the 2 TD's he threw. If Demas had held on it would have been three. You also forgot to mention he only played three quarters.
JunctionNephew
Fishwrangler11 said:

Yet he quarterbacked two timely drives to beat Bama.

Gig'em

P.S Mond is in the NFL.
“I can’t die....God doesn’t want me yet and the devil has a restraining order against me.”
Class of 65
AG
Rattler will be the qb
dcg4403
AG
Really sucks if Jimbo keeps him out. We don't need to use his medical redshirt with Weigman coming but we ABSOLUTELY need to prepare King for next season. Haynes needs playing time.

Zach is not the solution. Kid is improving but I have no desire to see Zach next year and have another Mond just for game management. Just not much upside...sorry Zach.
bulverdeaggie93
AG
King will be out and hurt for as long as we keep winning.
cavscout96
AG
Fishwrangler11 said:

lknapp said:

So...ifyou only pick the stats that fit your narrative and throw out the stats that run counter to it, you can shape a really poor picture..... Who knew?

You were spend any time in DC?
Houstonag
AG
Calzada is doing fine. King coming back this season would be a bad coaching decision.
TXAGBQ76
AG
You left out Gene Stallings coached Ed Hargett who led the Aggies to a win over Kenny Stanbler led Bear Bryant coached Bama team in the 1968 Cotton Bowl.
Houstonag
AG
Yes, I was there.
halfastros81
AG
I'd bet big against that one.
Harry Dunne
Calzada is doing fine, but how far back would you have to go to find a national championship quarterback that you would not trade him for (apples to apples, in their respective third years of college football).

Even in our own program its far from a certainty IMO that ZC is even going to be any better than Mond or Starkel. I'm not a Mond lover but I'd take one more year of Mond for the rest of the season + starting from scratch next year in a heartbeat over whatever we're about to get from Calzada.
OKC~Ag
Reno Hightower said:

And Edd Hargett.

Quote:

You left out Gene Stallings coached Ed Hargett who led the Aggies to a win over Kenny Stanbler led Bear Bryant coached Bama team in the 1968 Cotton Bowl.
Mea culpa, an apology to Mr. ED Hargett
Aggie87
AG
BAS65 said:

Rattler will be the qb
I'd rather have Calzada or King any day of the week.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.