Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Caleb Chapman

9,577 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Marcus Brutus
txaggieacct85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know his status?
KCup17
AG
Last week hadn't been cleared to play by team doctors. Unsure of the status this week.
taylorswift13
AG
That's his name
500,000ags
AG
Honestly, who cares about him or Lane? It took four games for Calzada to realize that all he needs is 0, 85, 28, and 6. Everyone else is a liability.
Alpha Texan
AG
500,000ags said:

Honestly, who cares about him or Lane? It took four games for Calzada to realize that all he needs is 0, 85, 28, and 6. Everyone else is a liability.

I respectfully disagree with this one. I get some of what you're saying that those 4 guys you mentioned have been the bulk of the work, but before Calzada came in, it wasn't just about those 4. Calzada needs more speed at WR because he needs to see wide open guys, because he's still getting up to speed after riding the bench 2 years, to decide to throw to them sometimes and Demas and Preston bring more speed than Chapman or Lane, but don't discount what those guys have done for us.

Lane was an extremely reliable 3rd down receiver because he runs simple routes and has excellent hands. Last year if the defense took away Wydermyer on 3rd down, Kellen frequently looked to Lane.

Chapman brings a level of physicality that you love to see! He was extremely reliable and far from a liability. Even before getting injured this year, he played well.

Demas has been an excellent contributor for us the last 2 games, and seems like Preston is doing what's asked of him too. You can never have too many weapons on offense. Just check out the cowboys offense. Like I said, yeah those 4 guys are carrying the bulk of the offense for us, but don't call the others a liability.
TAM85
Jimbo said he was practicing last week.
83Aggie
AG
May want to re-watch UF game from last season
TexanJeff
AG
Yeah, who needs a deep threat when we play Auburn, LSU and Ole Miss.
HoopsAg
Like improvement from Demas and Preston. Lane is just Meh; I'd rather Moose start taking his reps. Would love to see us at least make more deep throw attempts to get those db's hips turning and running vs just sitting on our short routes.
AceAggie05
AG
Hopefully he doesn't get pushed too far down the death chart. I really like Chapman!!
amc97
https://www.covers.com/sport/football/ncaaf/injuries
Wearetheaggies
AG
"injury to an unannounced area" ?!? Undisclosed injury, unannounced injury, even unannounced ailment, but unannounced area is a new one to me...
amc97
Last week it said questionable for Saturday vs. Mizzou. Who Knows!
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

Honestly, who cares about him or Lane?

I do. Jimbo started them before they got hurt.
500,000ags
AG
They are a liability because none are as consistent or as good as Smith, Wedemeyer, Spiller, or Achane IMO. It would be great to develop a deep threat, but Calzada needs easier decisions, easier throws, and guys that make him better. These four are so good, they do all those things. Those four were enough to be Bama because they maximized Calzada's game, which is the best we can hope for right now.

Do you guys not remember Lane dropping pass after pass versus Colorado? Chapman has potential, but he can't stay healthy enough to get the experience to make things easier on Calzada. Demas and Moose have loads of potential, but they also are developing too.
83Aggie
AG
Chapman proved his worth last season and first game this season. He is the best route runner and only consistent deep threat. He just needs to stay healthy. I also like how Preston is progressing.
wangus12
AG
Chapman is a liability in that you can't rely on him actually staying healthy for more than one game at a time
beerad12man
AG
Ridiculous. You need more than those 4. That doesn't mean these 4 aren't your focal point. But you can't just ignore the rest. makes you too easy to defend.
Jawbreaker
amc97 said:

Fran? that you?
Ag in ATL
AG
AceAggie05 said:

Hopefully he doesn't get pushed too far down the death chart. I really like Chapman!!
The death chart is not the best place to be at any level. Just sayin'.
NyAggie
AG
Demas has been getting more involved week by week

I'd like to see more Moose as well.

People say Lane has excellent hands, but he seems to drop more passes than the other receivers, or at least his drops seem to be more untimely where they occur at times when the catches are really needed most.

AG
Demas is coming along nicely.

Would have thought we would have seen more of Moose by now. He was very impressive against New Mexico.
JustisWalkert
AG
Ag in ATL said:

The death chart is not the best place to be at any level. Just sayin'.
13B
Do you remember how many passes Wydermyer has dropped this season? Is he a liability? I think he has dropped more than he has caught this season and yet I still think he is an outstanding player.
Southlake
Still like to see more Moosey
500,000ags
AG
One is an All-American and likely top 2 round draft pick. The other is a decent player. Nothing alike.
Agsgirl
500,000ags said:

5 catches just about everything that passes near his zipcode.
bigblackag12
AG
Alpha Texan said:

500,000ags said:

I respectfully disagree with this one. I get some of what you're saying that those 4 guys you mentioned have been the bulk of the work, but before Calzada came in, it wasn't just about those 4. Calzada needs more speed at WR because he needs to see wide open guys, because he's still getting up to speed after riding the bench 2 years, to decide to throw to them sometimes and Demas and Preston bring more speed than Chapman or Lane, but don't discount what those guys have done for us.

Lane was an extremely reliable 3rd down receiver because he runs simple routes and has excellent hands. Last year if the defense took away Wydermyer on 3rd down, Kellen frequently looked to Lane.

Chapman brings a level of physicality that you love to see! He was extremely reliable and far from a liability. Even before getting injured this year, he played well.

Demas has been an excellent contributor for us the last 2 games, and seems like Preston is doing what's asked of him too. You can never have too many weapons on offense. Just check out the cowboys offense. Like I said, yeah those 4 guys are carrying the bulk of the offense for us, but don't call the others a liability.

Dude. Yes!
bigblackag12
AG
500,000ags said:

They are a liability because none are as consistent or as good as Smith, Wedemeyer, Spiller, or Achane IMO. It would be great to develop a deep threat, but Calzada needs easier decisions, easier throws, and guys that make him better. These four are so good, they do all those things. Those four were enough to be Bama because they maximized Calzada's game, which is the best we can hope for right now.

Do you guys not remember Lane dropping pass after pass versus Colorado? Chapman has potential, but he can't stay healthy enough to get the experience to make things easier on Calzada. Demas and Moose have loads of potential, but they also are developing too.

Youre gonna hold one game against arguably our most reliable set of hands on the team at wr? Lane is an asset and you should be glad he's here. He makes critical catches consistently.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Chapman is a good deep threat when healthy. Every team needs a reliable possession WR.

Calzada must continue getting comfortable picking defenses apart underneath. With his arm, he will not see much man coverage outside until he shows he can win in the short and medium passing game.
Wheaty44
You may need to watch the game . Wydermyer has blocked better because of the young line and he has caught more passes then he has dropped ! He is the best tightend we have. So when he leaves you will see how good he really is!
Agsuffering@bulaw
This is true, but he is prone to dropping the high passes or the ones slightly behind him. His catch radius is not that good. He gets seperation, but the ball better be right on him or low/in front.
Wheaty44
Keep watching football you my learn something.
Muy
AG
Demas is going to leave here one of A&M's best receivers. Book it.
Marcus Brutus
Wheaty44 said:

You may need to watch the game . Wydermyer has blocked better because of the young line and he has caught more passes then he has dropped ! He is the best tightend we have. So when he leaves you will see how good he really is!

Drops too many imo. Sternberger, in comparison, caught anything that came near him.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.