Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Today Show reacts to Small's wife's reaction

10,347 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Seanzy2012
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatriotAg02
AG
tu fan bleh
Texker
AG
My takeaway is different. It's 3+ minutes of publicity for A&M's program on a personal level to an audience other than ESPN. There are firms that establish values of publicity. I'd like to see their evaluation of this air time.
AggieZUUL
AG
Seth Small's wife cleared that wall like a champ.
Texker
AG
AggieZUUL said:

Seth Small's wife cleared that wall like a champ.
No doubt. She played sports at some level.
West Point Aggie
AG
Haha Jenna Bush (or whatever he name is now) is a sip…
Let’s Go Brandon!
alamogeorge
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

tu fan bleh
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
agz win
AG
I am so glad it was aired nationally. It was an incredible display of love and devotion and it's emotional because we all want that in our own lives. Wishing Seth and Rachel nothing but the best.
Matsui
AG
Love it!
GigEmTx
Awesome. Thanks for sharing that. That's the kind of publicity you can't buy. For the moment, the Aggies are indeed America's team. Wow.
whatthehey78
P.U.T.U
AG
From the marketing side this is gold, good press about a good situation
DallasAg 94
I've gotten lots of positive comments from co-workers outside Texas that have commented on that video.

It is awesome. It really personalizes what the athletes accomplish.
Little Rock Ag
AG
You'd have to be stone-hearted not to find that an awesome moment, regardless of your fan affiliation.
jokershady
AG
Saw this on YouTube and I think it's great. Their reaction was exactly what I'd hoped it was going to be when I first watched.

Great wholesome moment from a football game that so many people can relate to and it was our school.

Gigem!
yell_on_6th st
AG
That's women vs men. I'm definitely like the dude in white: c'mon boy, make the kick. Alright! Let's go drink a beer.

I get mama and wifey's reaction, but crocodile tears on the Today show are weird.
inch05
AG
Seth's mom and wife had similar reactions once it went--Gig'em Small Family!
greg.w.h
AG
yell_on_6th st said:

That's women vs men. I'm definitely like the dude in white: c'mon boy, make the kick. Alright! Let's go drink a beer.

I get mama and wifey's reaction, but crocodile tears on the Today show are weird.
Women generally experience strong emotions and empathize strongly as well. Calling them crocodile tears suggests you don't understand that distinction or you're playing your man card for points here.

I'll offer that I think it's weird, too, but my wife cries on cue at the tiniest emotional moments in movies and then tries to hide it.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Eh that's a pretty broad generalization, I am a straight guy who loves sports, the gym, hunting, fishing, BBQ and alot of things that are generally considered manly. However, I had some tears watching this for a few reasons:

• You can hear the love in her voice
  • You can hear the stress, knowing that she is about to have to be a very supportive partner whether celebrating or providing a shoulder to cry on
  • If that was either of my boys, I would feel the weight of the moment, the hours preparing and practicing and this is likely the moment he will be remember for, this will be his legacy, in his mid 20s a lot of his legacy was defined in that moment
Kolache Snob
AG
Thanks for sharing!
Kolache Snob '92
davido
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

…this will be his legacy, in his mid 20s a lot of his legacy was defined in that moment

I was thinking the same. This is a life altering moment. Glad the laces were out.

PatriotAg02 said:

tu fan bleh

Maybe so, but her papa loved this place and did our University a solid.
rootube
AG
Quick someone start a new reaction thread to this reaction thread about a reaction to the reaction on TV.
Builder93
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

tu fan bleh
I thought she was very gracious. Don't be the reason others don't like Aggies.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
I'm telling you, that kick was headed left....until it was headed right. I don't know what made that movement happen and I'm glad it did.

Go take a look at his field goal in the first quarter and tell me what you see there. Then review the game winner.

Clutch as a son-of-a-gun.

Last, go listen to his presser interview. I believe that's the answer.
The Dirty Sock
pull your s*** together ladies geez
SchizoAg
AG
davido said:

…this will be his legacy, in his mid 20s a lot of his legacy was defined in that moment
I was thinking the same. This is a life altering moment. Glad the laces were out.
Quote:

tu fan bleh
Maybe so, but her papa loved this place and did our University a solid.
*grandfather
boozer93
Great publicity
tk for tu juan
Little Rock Ag said:

You'd have to be stone-hearted not to find that an awesome moment, regardless of your fan affiliation.

There is one stone-hearted accountant
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3237938/replies/60435627
sharpdressedman
I was told the video was also shown on the Fox network. Anyone have a link? TIA!
12mn95
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

tu fan bleh
She is not just a fan. That's George W. Bush's daughter. she went to UT
CajunAg97
AG
I've had people at work that aren't even football fans told me they saw that video, and I'm in California!
In my experience, there's no such thing as luck.
Bill Superman
AG
That video gives me the chills and has me teary eyed, and I'm more alpha than most of you pot bangers.
Ian Neff
AG
She might be a sip but I can't imagine her not having a connection to A&M, given that her GRANDFATHER IS KIND OF A BIG DEAL HERE.
bigblackag12
AG

Eh that's a pretty broad generalization, I am a straight guy who loves sports, the gym, hunting, fishing, BBQ and alot of things that are generally considered manly. However, I had some tears watching this for a few reasons:

• You can hear the love in her voice
  • You can hear the stress, knowing that she is about to have to be a very supportive partner whether celebrating or providing a shoulder to cry on
  • If that was either of my boys, I would feel the weight of the moment, the hours preparing and practicing and this is likely the moment he will be remember for, this will be his legacy, in his mid 20s a lot of his legacy was defined in that moment

As a straight bigblack male i can say that the tears come a little easier when the mental health issues run deep and strong
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I think it's funny that everyone watches his wife's reaction and doesn't notice that mom did not watch the actual kick. She spent that whole time sitting with her eyes closed and mouthing a silent prayer.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.