Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

"Kyle Field - Bryan-College Station, TX"

14,350 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by alamoaggie64
CoppellAg93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PWestAg18 said:

Love living in Bryan. Also love how much this apparently triggers people. Maybe they should just say "located in the Brazos Valley" and let the announcers pronounce Brazos incorrectly.

My favorite thing since A&M mandated this is that they put up road signs to commemorate it. So now if you cross from College Station into Bryan on 2818 there's a sign that says "NOW ENTERING AGGIELAND". Makes me laugh every time I see it.
My wife and I stayed at a place in Bryan last weekend for the Alabama game. Every time we left campus or Northgate to drive back, I saw this saw and was thinking "Wait a minute - that doesn't really make sense - A&M is in College Station - not Bryan." Definitely struck me funny.

Who knew this was such a hot topic ?
BadAggie
AG
BadAggie said:

BadAggie said:

Alpha Texan said:

BadAggie said:

Who could forget the battle between Bryan and College Station in 1893? That set the boundaries between the two cities which remains to this very day. Pretty crazy that close to 300 died. Strange that never comes up much in A&M history.

Is this for real?????

Legend has it that the truce was signed on campus near where a young sapling grew. Today that is the Century Tree.

Sul Ross presided over the truce. Lt. Colonel Millican, whose Marauders wreaked havoc throughout Bryan and sacked its nascent downtown represented College Station, while Brig. General William Henry Hearne did the same for Bryan. Hearne, whose famous quote "I will brook no Station man telling Bryan City what to do!" was chiseled in stone above the entrance to the old Brazos County courthouse (unceremoniously demolished in the 1950s) was a legendary figure and would die the following year. Also in attendance was Gen. Antonio Diego de Villa Maria, a member of the Spanish Legation in Houston who had been observing the hostilities. Villa Maria would go on to write a two volume history entitled "Una historia de la guerra entre dos ciudades en el centro de Texas." No copies of that work survive today.

For decades after the end of The Bryan-College Station, TX War of 1893, there were various sightings of a spectral figure at night, a young woman dressed in black near what is today known as Northgate. Thought to be a widow of one of the fallen, roaming the battlefield looking for her lost husband.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
Bryan PD > CSPD
BadAggie
AG
THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

Bryan PD > CSPD
I dunno man. I got stopped once and cited for having an inspection that was a day overdue by BPD.
ontheway
AG
Not so. Texas A&M is becoming a model for other Universities.
ontheway
ontheway
AG
What?
ontheway
Bryanisbest
AG
BadAggie said:

THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

Bryan PD > CSPD
I dunno man. I got stopped once and cited for having an inspection that was a day overdue by BPD.

Is "goodness" defined by Bryan PD not giving you a ticket when you broke the law? Join the Democratic Party.
Ferg
Notre Dame is often referred to as being in South Bend Indiana. That Metro area also has two cities the other being Mishawaka (nicknamed the Princess city). However, the University is located in Notre Dame, Indiana. The school has its own post office.
BadAggie
AG
Bryanisbest said:

BadAggie said:

THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

Bryan PD > CSPD

Is "goodness" defined by Bryan PD not giving you a ticket when you broke the law? Join the Democratic Party.

Lol. Ok Hall Monitor Ag.

BadAggie
AG
Rare photographs of scenes from The Bryan-College Station, TX War of 1893.

Millican's Marauders shelling Col. Wellborn's Bryan Volunteers at the Battle of Turkey Creek:

LIttle known, but the campus did host an infirmary for combatants from both sides (the photo erroneously refers to "students").

rednecked
AG
BadAggie said:

Rare photographs of scenes from The Bryan-College Station, TX War of 1893.

Millican's Marauders shelling Col. Wellborn's Bryan Volunteers at the Battle of Turkey Creek:

LIttle known, but the campus did host an infirmary for combatants from both sides (the photo erroneously refers to "students").

It's good that we have a historian of your caliber to keep these treasures and not lose this sad part of our history to the mists of time.

Remember, those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it!

Dark_Knight
AG
I don't see why this is a hot topic. I like the idea of including Bryan, don't see a problem with it.
Because I'm Batman!

alamoaggie64
AG
Bryan needs this and I am okay with it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.