Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Pumping Breaks

5,493 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BadAggie
PipelineMoeNorman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's been 82 years since we've won a national championship.

We had a couple of decent teams here and there, John Football falling into our laps made us relevant and ushered us in to big boy football in the SEC.

One team, 1 damn team.. wins the national championship each year. No one remembers 2nd. The formula is depth, some luck, winning the line of scrimmage, and above average quarterback play.

We don't have depth on the line, no luck, we are getting manhandled on the line of scrimmage, and our quarterback play is tough to watch.

We have the right coach he's been successful at every stop, he needs to continue to build this program and we can hope he hits it big with a quarterback.

Pump The Breaks
greg.w.h
AG
What should we break when we're pumpkin'???
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
Brakes

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
tk for tu juan
PipelineMoeNorman said:

Pump The Breaks
So promote more breaks throughout the day?
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
Also, Kevin Sumlin was a reliable place kicker away from being on the same list as Gene Chizik and Coach O.

Change my mind.

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
TxAg76
AG
We've applied the brakes plenty.
Let's F'n floor it for a change.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Hey precious, you think you're clever but no.

What broke!?
OrygunAg
AG
Your mom pumps the breaks...
Bryanisbest
AG
I'm in total agreement with OP!
cc10106
Jimbo's program right now is already looking at another rebuilding season after this one. He also had the nerve to talk about beating Saban's ass to the media, giving the best program in CFB bulletin board material.

Why can't A&M players and coaches just STFU for once and let their play speak for itself while remaining humble? What a disappointment of a season so far and same old Aggie football bull*****

THINGS ARE EXACTLY LIKE THEY USED TO BE, JIMBO.
Harry Dunne
TyperWoods
All Gass no breaks
Alpha Texan
AG
TxAg76 said:

Yeah bruh, ALL GAS NO BREAKS MWAHAHAHAHAHA
Dr.Pepper7
AG
I disagree with this statement.

Next year "rebuild" would be mainly defense. We do lose RB, TE, and 1 OL. However, RB position is deep, TE is a ? for now but Jimbo has proven TE is not a problem (took Jace and made him best TE in country), losing Green will be tough but overall the OL will be more experienced next year which should make the group better even with losing best player.

Defense....

We already have young guys challenging for playing time. We have crazy talent on the defensive side of the ball. There will obviously be some drop off due to experience, but you're currently looking at White and Cooper coming back at LB, Demani at S (if he doesnt that a bummer because hes not a high round guy), Jaylen Jones back, Chappell a soph, Antonio Johnson, Shermar, Duece Harmon, Tunsie, not to mention the incomoing 4 / 5 star guys... Bryce, Smoke, 1 maybe 2 top 25 national players both on DL, Sylla.

The defense is hitting reload status. Offense needs to catch up

Edit: Oh and we'll either have Haynes King or Connor Weigman which is the best QB situation we've had since Kyler and Kyle.
jsmc71
AG
All Ass no Breaks?
UltimateSuperGenius
The OP is right. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Clemson stayed with Dabo, and it paid off huge. We will experience the same thing.
BJM1781
AG
Came here thinking this was a support group for mothers who are breastfeeding.
Al Bula
AG
raging_agaholic said:

Also, Kevin Sumlin was a reliable place kicker away from being on the same list as Gene Chizik and Coach O.

Change my mind.
hard to believe and quite sad this community perpetuates a worn-out "what if" scenario.
AG
So... Next year, then?
TxAg76
AG
Alpha Texan said:

TxAg76 said:

Ugh. On the bright side, I'm proud of my growing indifference toward t.u.
I typed that up, and the potential connx to Sark never entered my mind.

Because Tuck Fexas.
Frank Grimes
AG
A private room with a locking door is required for pumping breaks.
Ag Tag
4 said:

So... Next year, then?
Wait 'til next year.
aeon-ag
cc10106 said:

Jimbo's program right now is already looking at another rebuilding season after this one. He also had the nerve to talk about beating Saban's ass to the media, giving the best program in CFB bulletin board material.

Why can't A&M players and coaches just STFU for once and let their play speak for itself while remaining humble? What a disappointment of a season so far and same old Aggie football bull*****

"Jimbo's program right now is already looking at another rebuilding season after this one."

Hell, he's been rebuilding since he's been here!!
Alpha Texan
AG
TxAg76 said:

Alpha Texan said:

TxAg76 said:

Ugh. On the bright side, I'm proud of my growing indifference toward t.u.
I typed that up, and the potential connx to Sark never entered my mind.

Because Tuck Fexas.
May we all grow to have your indifference
TboneAggie
OrygunAg said:

Your mom pumps the breaks...

Your mom breaks on my pump
N8TeK
Maybe should Take a break from posting

Badumding
Billy Bean
cc10106 said:

This is exactly how I feel. We don't give this guy $9 EFFING MILLION A YEAR to blow smoke up our ass and tell us what we wanna hear. We want trophies and if you're getting thay much money you better bring them.
GoodAg21
Agreed. Sec and championships need to be what we're after and that messages needs to be real clear to our AD and coach from our fans. No serious schools pays the money we do and puts up with win some lose some.
GoodAg21
It's to be point now where if Jimbo doesn't win a championship his career here will be looked back upon as just ok.
Goose83
AG
STCLaggie21 said:

It's to be point now where if Jimbo doesn't win a championship his career here will be looked back upon as just ok.
No biggie, as he'll have $100 million of ours to help cushion the blow to his pride.
Traveler
AG
Goose83 said:

STCLaggie21 said:

No biggie, as he'll have $100 million of ours to help cushion the blow to his pride.
"ours"

you have paid $0 of Jimbo's salary.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Before the season, I knew we weren't going to beat Alabama and win the SEC West. I had believed the floor was 9-3 and ceiling was 11-1 and predicted a 10-2 season with losses to Alabama and LSU. I was disappointed but not surprised that we lost to Arkansas 20-10. I have adjusted my expectations. Now, I believe our floor is 7-5 (3-5 in SEC games) and ceiling is 9-3 (5-3 in SEC games). I predict we will finish 8-4 (4-4 in SEC games). I can see 3 more losses to Alabama, Ole Miss, and LSU. I just hope we win home SEC games against Mississippi State, South Carolina, and Auburn and one road SEC game at Missouri. Hopefully, we will finally beat Auburn at Kyle Field after losing home games to Auburn in 2013, 2015, 2017, and 2019.

I agree that we need to pursue SEC Championships, not just 10+ win seasons. Winning the SEC West requires not only beating Alabama, but also finishing the regular season with no more than one loss. I believe we can achieve that goal in Jimbo Fisher's 6th year in 2023 because that's the next time we play Alabama at Kyle Field. Of course, there will be tough SEC games away from Kyle Field against Arkansas, Ole Miss, and LSU.
GoodAg21
Gotta figure it out. LSU bama Auburn Georgia Florida and Tennesse all have since 98. Why not us? Time to win a championship, it's a disgrace it's taken so long
Goose83
AG
Traveler said:

Goose83 said:

STCLaggie21 said:

"ours"

you have paid $0 of Jimbo's salary.
Doesn't matter who paid it, A&M's still getting taken.

greg.w.h
AG
I think most folks believe after a series of 7, 8, and 9 win regular seasons that 10 and 11 win seasons are a "next level" expectation only on the path to a conference championship, CFP semi, or CFP NC game or NC. Regressing to 7 or 8 games just isn't the direction anyone wants to go. And it's totally fair to say that though the reality is this team is not where it needs to be to win 9 or more.

But I'm hopeful we see progress this year.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.