Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Y'all sure do turn on a coach quickly

6,113 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nereus
Whatthefunyo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The man brought us the Orange Bowl less than a year ago, and our first chance for a bid into the CFP, and now y'all are calling for his firing after losing to a really good Arkansas team? You do know that Arkansas will probably finish top 6 this year right??

Our fan base is absolutely deplorable right now. Y'all need to get your **** together and stop acting like titty babies.

Christ almighty. You people are off your rockers. It was ONE GAME WITH A BACKUP QB.
agdaddy04
AG
Whatthefunyo said:

The man brought us the Orange Bowl less than a year ago, and our first chance for a bid into the CFP, and now y'all are calling for his firing after losing to a really good Arkansas team? You do know that Arkansas will probably finish top 6 this year right??

Our fan base is absolutely deplorable right now. Y'all need to get your **** together and stop acting like titty babies.

Christ almighty. You people are off your rockers. It was ONE GAME WITH A BACKUP QB.

Man, no way does this forum represent the majority of our fan base. At least I hope it doesn't.
houag80
AG
Thank you Mrs Fisher.
Alpha Texan
AG
I totally forgot how toxic our fans are. Good grief.

Act like an Aggie if you're gonna call yourself one.

I'd hate to play for a fanbase made up of a bunch of people like you.
Bonfire1996
AG
Such is life in playoff football. Margin of error is one game at most. Problem is, we still have Bama on the schedule, we still have Ole Miss on the schedule, we still have LSU and Auburn on the schedule.

We didn't turn on Jimbo, we are holding him accountable to the expectations that he set for himself, and to the contract extension he just signed. By signing that extension, and committing himself to the words he said at SEC media days, Jimbo promised to be a much better coach and play caller than he was on Saturday.

I'm glad you brought up the orange bowl. Why'd we win that game? Achane. How many touches did Achane get before Spiller game up gimpy late in 3rd Quarter? Zero.

Our playmakers on offense are screaming for a Saban-esque game manager who just gets the ball to the studs. Jumbos stubborn butt requires the QB to be the MVP. Even when the QB is hurt or the backup is in, that guy must be the MVP in Jimbos offense. That's incredibly stupid.

It sucks that we are just now realizing this. We got a preview in his last year at FSU. When Francois went down, all that talent around them melted away, it didn't matter. We thought Jimbo had checked out mentally. Nope, that's what we are experiencing right now.
threemeat
Alpha Texan said:

Yes act like Aggie, accept the suckage and be happy about it. No thank you.
Dr RC
Quote:

The man brought us the Orange Bowl less than a year ago,

Maybe some of us aren't as enamored with that Orange Bowl berth b/c we kind of noticed that the we got to it by beating exactly two teams with a winning record who both got blasted in their bowls in 8-4 Florida and 6-5 Auburn and that oh by the way Auburn only had a winning record b/c of an inexcusable officiating mistake that stole a win away from Arkansas.
Alpha Texan
AG
If you want us to look better, Exposing your butt and all the crap that comes out of it isn't making anything better. All the crap some of you put out here sure doesn't make us look any better. Players, Recruits and parents see this site. Is *this* what you want them to see?

Criticism is fine but some of you just spew crap. Criticism is fine, but some people cross the line of criticism and disrespectful. And don't say, "they shouldn't be snowflakes," because you're the dude having a meltdown after 1 bad loss. If respect is one of our core values, let's exemplify it all the time. That's what core values are. They're not things we practice when convenient. I'm not saying you have to post positive things about Calzone or even like the guy when he's between the sidelines, but good gosh dude, some of y'all need to take a break and realize this isn't the NCAA football video game we are waiting on, there are real people out there and your over-the-top posting crap about our program just shows makes Texas A&M look undesirable.
Alpha Texan
AG
Dr RC said:

Quote:

Maybe some of us aren't as enamored with that Orange Bowl berth b/c we kind of noticed that the we got to it by beating exactly two teams with a winning record who both got blasted in their bowls in 8-4 Florida and 6-5 Auburn and that oh by the way Auburn only had a winning record b/c of an inexcusable officiating mistake that stole a win away from Arkansas.

Oh yes, yes I agree totally. Last year was just a down year for the SEC. the SEC was so bad last year, that up until the bowl games, the conferences combined win percentage was only .500! HOW ARE WE THE BEST CONFERENCE IF WE CANT EVEN GET A WINNING WIN PERCENTAGE????

Lol, you crack me up, my dude
Dr RC
Alpha Texan said:

Dr RC said:

Quote:

Oh yes, yes I agree totally. Last year was just a down year for the SEC. the SEC was so bad last year, that up until the bowl games, the conferences combined win percentage was only .500! HOW ARE WE THE BEST CONFERENCE IF WE CANT EVEN GET A WINNING WIN PERCENTAGE????

We had a weak schedule last year. Sorry that you don't like to hear it.
agdaddy04
AG
When you make comments like this and from others I've seen make similar comments, it makes me think the only team you watch is A&M.
Dr RC
agdaddy04 said:

When you make comments like this and from others I've seen make similar comments, it makes me think the only team you watch is A&M.
I'm pretty sure I watch more games than you but you can go ahead and think that South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Miss St, Tennessee, Auburn, and LSU were impressive wins if you want. News flash. They weren't. That's 4 teams who fired their coaches for sucking, 2 that were in their first year of new regimes, and LSU who lost both the brain (Brady) and the arm (Burrow) behind their offense to the NFL.
Alpha Texan
AG
Dr RC said:

Alpha Texan said:

Dr RC said:

Quote:

Wow. You really just fulfilled the "tell me you didn't watch the 2020 season without telling me you didn't watch it."

Numbers would suggest you're flat out wrong. It's hard for conferences to have lots of teams with winning records When all they do is play games in conference. That means every time one SEC team got a win, another took a loss, as opposed to when we throttle other conferences, like this year. Don't talk about how many teams had winning or losing records when all we did was play each other. Especially when there were 2 teams in each division that dealt out losses to everybody.

The SEC went 7-2 in bowl games. WHO DOES THAT? Good conferences. Really good ones.

We had fo play the SEC west (that's the hard division icymi) and we had to play the best team from the east. We didn't have a soft Season

"Oh but our one big win was against UF and they got boatraced out of their bowl game by a weaker team." That same UF team almost beat Bama in the CCG, let's not forget. It's hard to get up and go play a mediocre school when you lose a shootout with Bama that would've landed you a spot in the CFP had you won it. It doesn't make it any easier to win when half your draft picks sit out.

You just want to be pitiful, so please do it somewhere not as public as the internet.
W
AG
here's the bottomline...

every single poster on texags expects or expected Jimbo to blow away...obliterate...Sumlin's accomplishments by the end of year 4.

but if 2021 ends up as an unranked 8-4 or 7-5 season...that won't be the case
PascalsWager
AG
W said:

here's the bottomline...

every single poster on texags expects or expected Jimbo to blow away...obliterate...Sumlin's accomplishments by the end of year 4.

but if 2021 ends up as an unranked 8-4 or 7-5 season...that won't be the case
I don't care about Sumlin. As a program we see ourselves as better than being 10-2 every 3 years. But excuses write themselves for next season. The D line will be young next year. So we're looking at 2023-24 to be good. And what does even that good look like? Probably 10-2. A mere playoff trip buys you almost infinite time with me. But going 7-5/8-4 every other year for it come together every 3 years to eek out 10 wins isn't good enough. Or if it is, the program (we all) need to temper out expectations.
Alpha Texan
AG
I'm not saying we should've lost to Arky, but this is a better Arky than Sumlin ever coached against.

I'll give a 1 year pass if we lose multiple games to teams like Arky because our QB can't pass the ball well, but I'll only give that pass if we are trying to run the ball enough, which we weren't yesterday.
Dr RC
Alpha Texan said:

Dr RC said:

Alpha Texan said:

Dr RC said:

Quote:

Wow. You really just fulfilled the "tell me you didn't watch the 2020 season without telling me you didn't watch it."

Lol might want to rethink that tell me you didn't watch garbage and redirect it towards yourself.

here are our wins in the mighty SEC last year

Vanderbilt - god awful and fired their coach, no bowl invite
South Carolina - god awful and fired their coach, bowl canceled
Tennessee - god awful and fired their coach, withdrew from playing in a bowl
Auburn - mediocre at best and fired their coach, got crushed in their bowl by Northwestern
Arkansas - bad to mediocre with a first year coach, bowl canceled
Mississippi State - bad to mediocre w/a first year coach, won bowl vs a mediocre Tulsa
LSU - mediocre at best and clearly not the same w/o Brady calling plays and Burrow at QB, did not play in a bowl
Florida - Great offense, terrible defense, got crushed in their bowl vs OU

So yeah. Our SEC wins were 1-2 in bowls with the lone victory coming against Tulsa. WOW WHAT A KILLER SCHEDULE!!!!
Billy Bean
Dr RC said:

Quote:

Yep. We had an extremely easy schedule last year. I don't put any stock into the Covid year.
Hi, Im Brett
AG
Dr RC said:

Alpha Texan said:

Dr RC said:

Alpha Texan said:

Dr RC said:

Quote:

Lol might want to rethink that tell me you didn't watch garbage and redirect it towards yourself.

Auburn - mediocre at best and fired their coach, got crushed in their bowl by Northwestern
Mississippi State - bad to mediocre w/a first year coach, won bowl vs a mediocre Tulsa
LSU - mediocre at best and clearly not the same w/o Brady calling plays and Burrow at QB, did not play in a bowl

So yeah. Our SEC wins were 1-2 in bowls with the lone victory coming against Tulsa. WOW WHAT A KILLER SCHEDULE!!!!

you do realize we won all those game last right?
Dr RC
Hi, Im Brett said:

Dr RC said:

Alpha Texan said:

Dr RC said:

Alpha Texan said:

Dr RC said:

Quote:

you do realize we won all those game last right?
We damn well better win games against teams that went 0-9, 2-8, 3-7, 3-7, 4-7, 5-5 and 6-5. The only good win was vs 8-4 Florida and even that was aided by their TE Kyle Pitts being hurt for much of the game. Whenever that guy couldn't go Florida's offense turned to into a pumpkin. Regardless, the point isn't that we won. It's that our schedule really wasn't very hard last year. You can shout SEC SEC SEC all you want but at the end of the day we lucked out with an easy conference draw. Hell, we didn't even have to play Ole Miss whose offense likely would have given us fits.
bv86ag
AG
The fans and alumni have been told over and over that Fisher is worth first a guaranteed 75 million and now Sabanesque 90 million GUARANTEED.
They have been told what a great recruiter he is.
And they have been told what a great OC and QB coach he is.
But our lack of developed upperclassmen at OL and failure to develop a serviceable backup QB to take over during Mond's tenure here are giant thorns that really cannot be dismissed by just calling people bad fans because they are critical of the product now on display.
The SEC is a Line of Scrimmage League first and foremost.
Fisher should have been recruiting and developing O-linemen like crazy...but that did not happen and we are now exposed for this.
He should have given Calzada more reps the past 3 years..in preparation for such a day.
But he did not. He was so hellbent on developing Mond the past 3 years that Calzada almost never saw the field until now.
And now the team suffers.
The O-line and QB situations both could have and should have been addressed from day 1 of his tenure.
But he chose a different path.
Aggies have been waiting since 1939 for a National Championship.
The time for telling them to be patient has long passed.
The time for calling people out for pointing out obvious shortcomings has long since passed.
People are tired of being told to just donate their money and just go sit in a corner and shut up.
It is quickly becoming put up or shut up time for Jimbo.
The BMA's may have been stupid to give out a 90million contract guarantee for 10 years.

Jimbo won't be given 10 more years by the fans and alumni in general if he doesn't produce soon.
We've already been waiting 82 years.
Isn't that long enough?
How much longer to wait?
Ag in Tiger Country
AG
Those banging pots and pans the loudest don't have an Ag-Tag, which means the overwhelming majority aren't actually alumni/ current students who have a vested interest in our university, but instead are either blatant trolls simply trying to start **** to make the team look bad and cause division, moronic NFL fans that jumped upon the preseason bandwagon but are now taking their frustrations out upon Jimbo and the team simply because their Dallas Cowboys & Houston Texans suck so bad that they are no longer entertaining, OR, are your typical t-shirt fan that lacks critical thinking skills as evidenced by the fact that they're too damn dumb to gain admission to our university in the first place and earn an Ag-Tag for themselves!!!
T-Shizzle
Or they just like Aggie football and want the team to have success. College football is popular. So people are going to root for a team they like. A lot of people didn't play in the NFL and root for teams as well. Not everyone wants to go to college. Doesn't mean they are dumb and can't be successful. Humble yourself.
Dr RC
Ag in Tiger Country said:

Those banging pots and pans the loudest don't have an Ag-Tag, which means the overwhelming majority aren't actually alumni/ current students who have a vested interest in our university, but instead are either blatant trolls simply trying to start **** to make the team look bad and cause division, moronic NFL fans that jumped upon the preseason bandwagon but are now taking their frustrations out upon Jimbo and the team simply because their Dallas Cowboys & Houston Texans suck so bad that they are no longer entertaining, OR, are your typical t-shirt fan that lacks critical thinking skills as evidenced by the fact that they're too damn dumb to gain admission to our university in the first place and earn an Ag-Tag for themselves!!!

Oh noes I didn't bother to get my digital jewelry!!! That must mean I'm a secret sip or a bitter NFL fan or some t-shirt fan who never set foot on campus!

Lol get out of here with that pathetic crap. Damn every time you sunshine pumpers can't respond to inconvenient facts you fall back on that "No AgTag!" junk as if it actually means something. It's ok to admit we had an easy schedule last year. We did. Did we win those easy games? Yes. But that doesn't change that it was an easy schedule that inflated our record. If it was some ACC or Big 10 team with the same schedule all you knuckleheads would be screaming to the hills at how easy it was and how that team didn't deserve to be ranked high or go to a NY6 game. I mean ****, we didn't even get an opponent in the Orange Bowl that was overly impressive and to top it off most of their offensive weapons didn't even play in the game.
greg.w.h
AG
It was a frustrating loss. The real complaint is Sam Pittman now seems ahead of Jimbo. The second issue is that this result doesn't compare well with Saban's early tenure at Bama.

On the first: Pittman made a very good DC hire that Jimbo also wanted. We can't know if having Odom would have made things different, but there is little doubt Elko was an important hire for us. And Jimbo clearly works on the offensive play calling end to protect the D. Remember with Sherman and Sumlin a key complaint was that neither coach would protect the D.

The comparison with Saban from a benchmarking point of view is fair but Bama is a one-off. There just isn't another program that has brought everything together all at once at the same time in football. A comparable might be Wooden at UCLA in men's basketball. Or Dana X Bible here though none of us remember that era.

It's worth noting Saban had many one-loss conference schedules early on. The key was what happens next. I think we are very shallow at especially O-line depth wise and that compounds tge expeeience issue. In the past the SEC conference season has highlighted depth issues.

But last year fans were jumping off cliffs after the opening two games, too. Maybe we need to see how this plays out and give the team more support and time to work out the personnel changes and lack of experience.

We have to view the contract extension for what it is: a retirement fund more than a ten-year commitment. It might not have been necessary, but rewarding a good season accomplished under great social distress isn't a terrible choice. I do NOT think the admin and BoR are sweeping mediocrity under the rug. But they might be more patient than our most vocal fans here who have zero accountability for the things they say while demanding accountability from everyone else.
Dark_Knight
AG
I think we have to be patient. Building a program just doesn't happen. Doesn't really happen in 4yrs or less. We need to play for the conference before we can worry about an NC. The impatient asshats can talk out their ass, think of themselves as the Patton of football. I think Jimbo can get it done, he needs time. Some of you need to pull that stick out and stop crying.
Because I'm Batman!

Dark_Knight
AG
Stop crying
Because I'm Batman!

fc2112
When your salary approaches 10 figures per year, the demands are high.
Sq 17
3 problems with Jimbo
The train wreck in Tallahassee started under his watch
Fisher good coach with one truly great Collegiate QB. Cam , JFF, VY etc all made good coaches look like great coaches &
The one that bothers me the most is the raise
Beat Bama & Georgia at least once before looking for more money

houstonaggie76
I'm sorry, but the facts that "he brought us" is kind of a joke.

"We are bringing him" $100+ million in his time here.

Until he ends:
A. Our conference Championship dry spell of 23 years
B. Our National Championship dry spell of 80+ years...

I don't really care. We could be "pretty good" with lots of coaches.
cevans_40
AG
threemeat said:

Alpha Texan said:

Yes act like Aggie, accept the suckage and be happy about it. No thank you.

So your 2 options are sit in the corner with your wet blanket or lay in the middle kicking and screaming?

Explains a lot.
cevans_40
AG
houstonaggie76 said:

I'm sorry, but the facts that "he brought us" is kind of a joke.

"We are bringing him" $100+ million in his time here.

Until he ends:
A. Our conference Championship dry spell of 23 years
B. Our National Championship dry spell of 80+ years...

I don't really care. We could be "pretty good" with lots of coaches.

Are you even capable of looking at the big picture? Or is it simply one loss to a team we have beaten the last 9 or 10 years in a row so we should win every time no matter what?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
fc2112 said:

When your salary approaches 10 figures per year, the demands are high.

If you aren't paying that salary, no one gives a **** about your demands.
Al Bula
AG
Expecting a coach who is paid a gajillion dollars to have some quality depth is not turning on him.
Loyalty
AG
Whatthefunyo said:

Turning into sip...slowly but surely.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.