Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Is This Season Over?

11,217 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Just Tired
Dr.Pepper7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Absolutely not!

I see way too many people saying the season is over and worth nothing anymore. Idk if these people actually think this or are trolls…

The season is in no way over. We have Bama in two weeks let's shock the SEC and beat them or at least give them a run. If we go 9-3 or 10-2 this season with young OL and Qb that's a building block season.

Stop thinking and having expectations that we anything less than a national championship is unacceptable, it's pathetic.

At least win 2 or 3 NY6 games before you set those expectations and say the season is over after 1 loss to a good football team that will be ranked in the top ten tomorrow.
GoodAg21
Can we make the playoff or sec game? if not then yeah it is. that's what we should be competing for
Tegridy
Idk if anyone was realistically expecting a national championship after what we saw the first 3 games. But not getting embarrassed by Arkansas on national TV would've been nice. It's the way we lost, not the fact that we lost. Most inept QB and offensive line play I've seen in a very long time.
sharpdressedman
The hype and expectations were overblown from the beginning, and when King was injured and the OL exposed over the past few weeks reality became a *****.
Cromagnum
AG
Getting embarrassed on national television is pretty normal for us. I can't remember the last time we were on CBS and smoked someone else.
JimAggie
AG
No, the season is not over. We still have 4 victories and 4 losses coming up.

Looks like 7-5. We have no offense. My predictions for the remainder of the season:

Mississippi State - Win
Alabama - Loss
Missouri - Win
South Carolina - Win
Auburn - Loss
Ole Mississippi - Loss
Prairie View - Win
LSU - Loss

Some crappy bowl game to finally end this crappy season.

REALLY getting sick and tired of, "just wait 'til next year!"
SKY1
Yes, it is over.
threemeat
It's over. Disband the team. Turn the stadium into a safe space.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Yes
Jimbo4win
AG
How many NY6 games did Saban/Bama win before their first of many national championships? Answer..ZERO..they lost the Sugar Bowl in 2008 before winning it all in 2009
SpeedyAg93
AG
Yes
Bassinagfan
It sure looks like it
Formerly Known as Powerstroke Ag
Frag
AG
Yes
GoodAg21
JimAggie said:

Looks like 7-5. We have no offense. My predictions for the remainder of the season: I get the pain man but Auburns and Lsu are no doubt way worse and we will figure something out. ole miss i can see us losing to but not the former

Mississippi State - Win
Alabama - Loss
Missouri - Win
South Carolina - Win
Auburn - Loss
Ole Mississippi - Loss
Prairie View - Win
LSU - Loss

Leander - Ag
AG
W/ calzone, yes it's over
AggieVictor10
AG
*hits blunt*

nah we winning out
tk for tu juan
Arizona St 35
Colorado 10
5:00 4th
El Capitan
AG
I'm pretty sure every team we play in the SEC will score more than 10 points on us. So, yes. I think it's over.
DGAG92
AG
It will be in about 45 seconds, if they don't get out in front of that pace car.
TexAggie1999
JimAggie said:

Looks like 7-5. We have no offense. My predictions for the remainder of the season:

Mississippi State - Win
Alabama - Loss
Missouri - Win
South Carolina - Win
Auburn - Loss
Ole Mississippi - Loss
Prairie View - Win
LSU - Loss

I think we only lose 3. Alabama is going to destroy us and I expect we will lose to either Auburn or Ole Miss. However, that would not be impressive. We have a pretty easy schedule this year. Colorado as our top OOC game shouldn't have been hard. Non Division opponents of South Carolina and Missouri is almost as easy as it gets. And the SEC West isn't as tough as it was before last season. Auburn might be pretty good. LSU isn't any good. A 3 loss season will not suggest we are good. It will just mean we are above average.
Dr RC
lol

you can hold out hope all you want but this team is 8-4 at best

we'll get sent to either the Texas or Liberty Bowl and have to play the frogs.

Hawk2007
No, the season is not over until the last second expires on the last game. Ags are going to pull this horse across the finish line whether we like it or not.... much like Vanderbilt does every year.

Now, if you're expecting playoffs or premium bowl games, you are probably going to be disappointed.
W
AG
it's just so shocking for A&M to be so bad at the quarterback position.

the state of Texas is the home of 7-on-7.

even Fran & Sherman usually had very good QB's
SnowboardAg
AG
Stopped caring a long time ago. I enjoy my Saturdays much more with that attitude.

We will continue to be a good team, but never a great team. Yes, we'll have a winning record, but we'll never be the likes of an Alabama, Ohio state, etc. it would take something really special to happen and the likelihood of that is very low.

Lower your expectations and enjoy what's around you than what's not.

Old Sarge
AG
Tegridy said:

Idk if anyone was realistically expecting a national championship after what we saw the first 3 games. But not getting embarrassed by Arkansas on national TV would've been nice. It's the way we lost, not the fact that we lost. Most inept QB (1) and offensive line play (2) I've seen in a very long time.
(2) was a direct impact, and resulted in much of (1). Our O-line is absolutely pitiful. Calzada is a back-up. The pre season "battle" with King was likely overhyped. Without above average OL play, the back-up is toast. Our OL play looked like Stephen Hawking trying to block a bus driven by a mad man. However, the mad man might give Hawking more respect, as the wheelchair might actually cause some damage if ran over like that.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I'd love to see this team against Drake in a wheelchair.
I used to run with a bunch of Calvin Klein male models 25 years ago in DFW
The Dirty Sock
Over

Most teams we've played have been terrible. Gonna find out later how delightfully average Arkansas is.
BigSneezy
Dr.Pepper7 said:

Absolutely not!

I see way too many people saying the season is over and worth nothing anymore. Idk if these people actually think this or are trolls…

The season is in no way over. We have Bama in two weeks let's shock the SEC and beat them or at least give them a run. If we go 9-3 or 10-2 this season with young OL and Qb that's a building block season.

Stop thinking and having expectations that we anything less than a national championship is unacceptable, it's pathetic.

At least win 2 or 3 NY6 games before you set those expectations and say the season is over after 1 loss to a good football team that will be ranked in the top ten tomorrow.

Yes. It's over. Our goals are bigger than make it to the Alamo bowl.
Cojack
Sloppy play all around, QB missing reads and his slow play doesn't help
BigSneezy
W said:

it's just so shocking for A&M to be so bad at the quarterback position.

the state of Texas is the home of 7-on-7.

even Fran & Sherman usually had very good QB's

Unfortunately, no, it's not shocking at all.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
College football season is the best 4 months out of the year. We are just as good this year as we typically are. Take the stick out of your ass and enjoy the moment, because the off-season will be here quicker than you think.
milner79
Jbob04
AG
SnowboardAg said:

Stopped caring a long time ago. I enjoy my Saturdays much more with that attitude.

We will continue to be a good team, but never a great team. Yes, we'll have a winning record, but we'll never be the likes of an Alabama, Ohio state, etc. it would take something really special to happen and the likelihood of that is very low.

Lower your expectations and enjoy what's around you than what's not.

Ian Neff
AG
Tegridy said:

Idk if anyone was realistically expecting a national championship after what we saw the first 3 games. But not getting embarrassed by Arkansas on national TV would've been nice. It's the way we lost, not the fact that we lost. Most inept QB and offensive line play I've seen in a very long time.

If you're complaining about the "way" we lost after going down 17-0 in the first 30 seconds of play, I don't know how to help you.

That could have gotten HELLACIOUS.
OTredux
In a word, yes!

Typical Aggie team. Preseason hype. In season let down. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.