Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Do the Ags win that game with Haynes starting?

6,341 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by zephyr88
Post removed:
by user
ElephantRider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Absolutely.
Leander - Ag
AG
Yes. Calzada is that bad.

OL improved in second half. He had time, but has always looked confused / scared.
Just Tired
i really doubt it given the broken ankle.
Nino Brown
Haynes rushes for 150 today. Not sure if he holds onto the ball though.
agINbj2000
Anybody not calzada may win this game
whatthehey78
AG
Had my hopes...but, ZC just can't seem to get his head to match the task at hand. Mentally, always a half step behind the designed objective.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
Alpha Texan
AG
I rarely respect it when someone calls their shot with the blue star emoji, but you win this time
tbrooksv
AG
No we need our defense to show up as well
ElephantRider
AG
tbrooksv said:

We're blaming the defense now?
Aggie1188
King will get hurt again if running him is something we do regularly. Hopefully he gets down after getting the yards available. I would take King being a pocket passer after seeing how the backup plays.
AvidAggie
AG
He may have thrown one too many picks
Aggie1188
ElephantRider said:

tbrooksv said:

We're blaming the defense now?
the defense was embarrassing until the other team's QB got hurt. Maybe like 2 stops before that.
tbrooksv
AG
They weren't the only problem but they were terrible. Have they ever been taught how to tackle
JST92
AG
No. Right tackle and right guard position are abysmal. O line generally is plain bad. Until playcalls are based on that starting point, doesnt matter. Johnny probably would have won. But not certain.
ordordordordord
Dr RC
FAT SEXY said:

Just curious what some of yall think
maybe. his running ability would have helped big time.
Schrute Farms
Yes. Haynes is a mobile QB that can escape pressure. His legs alone would've created more concern for the defense than just rushing 3 all the time. Jimbo knew this before season began. A 3 game King would've rolled through today.
DGAG92
AG
Yes Haynes, we win that game with you at QB.
dixichkn
AG
Arkansas most valuable player today?

The Colorado LB that windmilled Haynes into his teammate and broke his leg
DGAG92
AG
dixichkn said:

Arkansas most valuable player today?

The Colorado LB that windmilled Haynes into his teammate and broke his leg

Which SHOULD have been a penalty.
maver1ck
AG
Yes. By 2 possessions.
whytho987654
King isn't that good either. Probably but it would've been close
TexAggie1999
FAT SEXY said:

Just curious what some of yall think

Maybe and maybe not. But we didn't look good outside of QB play, so being confident we win with King is nothing more than maroon bias. And King has not looked great. It isn't like we lost Joe Burrow or Trevor Lawrence. We lost an unproven commodity who may very well struggle the first time he plays a tough away game. We are not as good as we thought we would be. We probably weren't as good last year as we thought we were. We were better last year, but the SEC West wasn't what it was in years past.
Ag in Tiger Country
AG
whytho987654 said:

King isn't that good either. Probably but it would've been close

I light of your posts tonight, are you gunning for the "Biggest A-hole" award tonight? You've yet to offer ANY meaningful insight &/or constructive criticism; instead, your antics strongly suggest you are either a tsip or a Baylol POS troll!!!

Give it a rest already!!
NavyAg92
AG
tbrooksv said:

This is just silly. Giving up 20 in collegiate football is common and can be overcome by an average Offense. A&Ms O was horrible in every way today. The Defense did their job, especially after the second half adjustments.

As for Myles Jones, if you're going to jam your receiver at the line, you better engage. He didn't and the WR ran right by him for 7. That and the QB froze O'Nwal, which gAve no top cover.
OleArmyBQ68
AG
I don't think Haynes would have bounced a pass off on of his lineman's helmet.
Yes, even with awful O-Line play, we would have won that game with Haynes.
I won't be alive to see next year and that's what hurts most.
houag80
AG
The defense essentially gave up 2 plays.....blown coverage mentioned earlier and the Hansford assist for the TD.
Z Team
AG
OleArmyBQ68 said:

I won't be alive to see next year and that's what hurts most.

Wow. What's your story?
ElephantRider
AG
JST92 said:

No. Right tackle and right guard position are abysmal. O line generally is plain bad. Until playcalls are based on that starting point, doesnt matter. Johnny probably would have won. But not certain.

As bad as Calzada was, we were in that game until the end. With average QB play, we easily win that game. Below average even, but we got the worst Aggie QB performance I've ever see
Commander Gorn
AG
No. O-line is like Swiss cheese
stone 1
There's no way to know. Possibly. We only saw King play one game against a mediocre Kent State. But if Jimbo was telling the truth and the quarterback battle was close between King and Calzada then we are in trouble the next couple of years.
aginresearch
AG
Here's a hint. The battle was never close. All you needed to know was that King came in and in 6 months became the backup to Mond last year. King is substantially better than Calzada and would have won this game. We need to lean heavily on our backs to win ballgames until he returns. The failure to do that in this game is perplexing but I think Fisher's pride explains why it happened.

Reno Hightower
tbrooksv said:

Mike Elko's defense ALWAYS takes 2 possessions to get warmed up. I don't like it, but it's FACT at this point.

But, if we can't score more than 20 against Arkansas then the problem AIN'T the defense.

Haynes IS a running threat and has a better handle of the offense. The second point is why he got the starting nod. Yes, Haynes could've won that game.
TMartin
Yup. King starts and Myles Jones sits.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
tbrooksv said:

Gave up 3 points in the second half. We would have won that game with even a mediocre QB with that defense.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.