Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Do the Ags win that game with Haynes starting?

6,383 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by zephyr88
Geriatric Punk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OleArmyBQ68 said:

I don't think Haynes would have bounced a pass off on of his lineman's helmet.
Yes, even with awful O-Line play, we would have won that game with Haynes.
I won't be alive to see next year and that's what hurts most.
All the best.
Krautag81
tbrooksv said:

No we need our defense to show up as well
What?
Houstonag
AG
Right
Bill Superman
AG
Would King have sacked himself or hot pocketed it off of the O lines head after they finally started blocking?

Roll King out with the boot on and we have a fighting chance.
alamogeorge
AG
ElephantRider said:

tbrooksv said:

No we need our defense to show up as well

We're blaming the defense now?

I'm not sure you can call them defense when they won't use their arms for anything other than to push the opponent into the end zone.

They didn't show up either.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
GoAgs92
AG
Same people saying Haynes would win are the same people calling for Calz during Kent State.
Aggieair
ElephantRider said:

JST92 said:

No. Right tackle and right guard position are abysmal. O line generally is plain bad. Until playcalls are based on that starting point, doesnt matter. Johnny probably would have won. But not certain.

As bad as Calzada was, we were in that game until the end. With average QB play, we easily win that game. Below average even, but we got the worst Aggie QB performance I've ever see

Which goes to show we should have even won the gane with Calzada...
aggiedad7
If Arky has their QB the whole game, then no. So if you're going to say if..... makes sense to go qb1 against qb1
Aggie2
It appeared to me that Arkansas came out like gangbusters and there was a period of time that both offense and defense were intimidated. They acted like they were panicked.
TyperWoods
Hard to say with the Oline play. I'd say we would have had a better chance.
jim 78
AG
Yes Haynes wins the game
aeon-ag
FAT SEXY said:

Just curious what some of yall think
NO!!! this team has an attitude problem. This team needs a Bear Bryant Junction trip, fisher included. Find out who really wants to play!!!
Russ79
AG
This is my take- a more mobile quarterback that isn't afraid to run would have helped tremendously. When five offensive linemen can't keep three defensive linemen from breathing down our quarterback's neck and our receivers can't find any open spots when there are eight defending the pass, then we need a quarterback that will tuck it and run. King would have been better able to do what was needed yesterday, in my opinion.
74AnimalA
AG
You never know. All things equal. OLine issues, different looks, coverages that confuse QB's, OLine w blocking schemes, and receivers that don't see the same thing and make the right adjustmrnts.

What you might get is another 1st down or 2, because s rambling is better. But, he got hurt, because the OLineman stopped, and didn't see or ferl King was coming (OLine maturity).
Remember halfway thru JFF's season the lineman said hey when the defender gets wide eyed, we gotta keep blocking, Johnny is on the move.

We ain't there yet.
Y'all seem to forget the last O-line took 4 yrs to come together.
zephyr88
AG
I'm not sure if we win with Haynes or not. He's fast, but not sure he's quick enough to evade the rushers and collapsing pocket. Might have taken Johnny.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.