Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jimbo

15,514 Views | 98 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Iraq2xVeteran
The Agly Duckling
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Commander Gorn said:

If players didn't like a coach yelling, Bill Snyder and KSU would have had #1 recruiting classes every year.
Snyder had a more John Wooden, Tom Landry style. Each coach just needs to be their best selves as coaches, and everybody's style is different.
MSCAg
AG
After past QB drama, if this causes prima donna recruits to go elsewhere, I'd chalk this up as a win.
lil_frog8
AG
OP is probably a sip that is here trying to use Texags as his safe space after the hog beatdown and all the yelling triggered his ptsd.
Fighting Texas Aggie class of '04
third deck
AG
Millenials, Gen X, Gen Y, whatever...I still believe top recruits, top athletes understand that there are no shortcuts, no freebies, no easy path to the top. Top performers are always going to want to play for coaches that push hard, strive for excellence. See Bobby Knight. See Nick Saban. See Lou Holtz grabbing facemasks of 6'3" 265lb linebackers and shouting instructions.
BadAggie
AG
Bear Bryant had training camp in Junction in August.

Dr Lane Trowlan
FtBendTxAg said:

Very easy to tell who didn't play football and who did on this board.

OP and jturner 100% played lacrosse and soccer

If you're equating lacrosse players and soccer players, you're a damn fool. I played lacrosse, those dudes are tough as nails. Soccer players are pu**ies.

Jim Brown was a lacrosse player. That dude from Boston College that saved all those people in 9/11 was a lacrosse player. Soccer b**ches fall down and cry if rub up against them.
Run The Damn Ball
Matt Montgomery
Oh no…. Don't yell at him we won't get any recruits.

Dumbest thing I've ever read on here.

The pussifying of America continues.
agent-maroon
AG
Yeah, this is the first time any of our guys have ever been yelled at by a coach...

You freaking kidding me?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
We have a 5 star an in the 2022 cycle and a very highly ranked 4 star in 2023. It doesn't seem good coaching is a problem for the best of the best. It is very apparent we have a fan base in this forum who didn't play much sports because what jimbo does is good coaching. To get the best out of your players or from
People In life they have to be pushed. That's what great coaches do.
bigdog1
Exactly
fessparker
AG
jturner181 said:

Yeah; I don't like it… doesn't show well for recruits or their families.
Well played jturner. You may well set the record for the most quoted comment on Texags. Blue diamond for the championship level trolling. Amirite? .
one MEEN Ag
AG
There was clearly a time on third down Jimbo gave Calzada an earful for trying to throw a TD instead of hitting his closer receivers to move the chains.
agent-maroon
AG
"Why would you do that?"
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
74AnimalA
AG
Sid Farkas said:

jimbo should be in the O-lines earholes
Anyone notice that was a Focal Point in the Last Weeks "The Pulse"!
BigSneezy
jturner181 said:

Ya know what? If this bothers any recruit,

WE DONT WANT THEM HERE!
rljtamu
AG
Ag81Golf said:

This is SEC football. We don't want the soy snowflake recruits that get their feelings hurt because a coach yells at them!
In the postgame, Jimbo said "you came here because you wanted to play big-boy football". Every QB that comes to A&M knows Jimbo will coach them hard, so the yelling should come as no surprise. SEC is not for the faint of heart. And everyone of these players has been a stud their entire lives. I doubt many have insecurities. Calzada will be fine.
BadAggie
AG
Emo Ags triggered by sight of demanding no nonsense coach. Guess we need to return to lose with dignity style coaching.
OrygunAg
AG
Depends on the kid but sometimes you know a kid will respond better to high intensity than others. Ill let the multimillion dollar coach determine how best to coach up his kids.
BadAggie
AG
Refreshing to see a demanding HC.

This is football not choir practice.
bigblackag12
AG
FtBendTxAg said:

Very easy to tell who didn't play football and who did on this board.

OP and jturner 100% played lacrosse and soccer

Mannn my badminton coach used to light my ass up
John Dutton
AG
andrew1374 said:

Every time they show him he is giving Calzada an earful.

OP is dumb… you want him to give Zach a Binky and tell him he's doing a great job?!? It's Called Coaching!!!
DSAG
andrew1374 said:

Every time they show him he is giving Calzada an earful.
Is he whispering ?
StinkyPinky
AG
Yea! He should take a page out of OP's band director he had in high school and play nice!
nu awlins ag
AG
jturner181 said:

Dear lord….suggestion is to either toughen up or switch positions. This is football not golf or tennis.
AggieZUUL
AG
I think we need more of Jimbo in the faces of these players.
Hell.. a few facemask grabs is warranted from time to time.

drred4
I think it shows he cares and wants the players to do better or knows the have more potential and need to live up to it.
Amarillodoc
Do we want a player that is so sensitive that he doesn't want to be coached hard? Let those go to Austin.
SourLakeAg
Yuck.
Ag Tag
Maybe we need a kinder, gentler Jimbo.

Make love, not war.

You can't hug your kids with nuclear arms.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Jimbo Fisher has done that with every quarterback he has coached. When Jimbo grabbed Tyrell Dodson's face mask ins a 24-17 win over Arkansas on 9/29/18, former NFL players, including then Philadpehia Eagels defensive end Chris Long, disproved of what he did.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/9/29/17918164/jimbo-fisher-tyrel-dodson-texas-a-m-arkansas

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/29/nfl-players-react-negatively-to-jimbo-fishers-face-mask-grab/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.