Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Non-profane replacement for "Power"?

27,101 Views | 320 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 500,000ags
Spyderman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Somewhat silly, goofy and funky not unlike Power, but devoid of any profanity or racist terms. Not sure if if would pass the AD's criteria for that though. From a musical act with their origins in Sulphur Springs, Texas.

Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Teslag
AG
No one cares about the lyrics to Power. Give it up.
Tudster
AG
No.
TX_COWDOC
AG
[We have made it clear that we are going to ban posters for political derailing or trolling on this board. -Staff]
TopoTacos
AG
Marry Rutherford B. Hayes.

Kill John Quincy Adams.

Did I do that right?
AggieVictor10
AG
Whatever ends up replacing "Power" will likely be another hip-hop song. It's the most popular genre among The Youths (TM), which likely includes most students and players.

Hell, my main issue with "Power" is that it's a song that came out the year I graduated. Probably should've been replaced with a new song by now.
Spyderman
AG
Perhaps an upgrade is in order? Who made/makes these types of decisions?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Spyderman
AG
Salute The Marines said:

No one cares about the lyrics to Power. Give it up.
Seems to me this song flies in the face of the Universities desire to more inclusive yes?

Those that are offended might care.

The greater good?
TyperWoods
Power is horrible.

Replace with anything by Walker Wheeler Jr.
Al Bula
AG
Spyderman
AG
Just my guess, but perhaps few are even aware of the MF-Bombs and the Nword in the lyrics? Simple google exercise did it for me..

The greater good?
Stoopkid
AG
Pretty good song, I enjoyed the listen.

But no, I don't think a song from a poor man's version of Tool is going to be our new intro song.
Sex Panther
AG
Spyderman said:

Somewhat silly, goofy and funky not unlike Power, but devoid of any profanity or racist terms. Not sure if if would pass the AD's criteria for that though. From a musical act with their origins in Sulphur Springs, Texas.

If the aliens do ever come, and you're playing this... they are going to leave immediately
Spyderman
AG
Stoopkid said:

Pretty good song, I enjoyed the listen.

But no, I don't think a song from a poor man's version of Tool is going to be our new intro song.
I don't think so either. But some ground-work needs to be laid.

(tool is almost as bad as KW btw...)

The greater good?
Spyderman
AG
Sex Panther said:

Spyderman said:

If the aliens do ever come, and you're playing this... they are going to leave immediately
lol...

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3043332/1

The greater good?
PatAg
AG
"a musical act"

square
Tobias Funke
AG
1) Why should we care that there is profanity in a song well after the portion that we chant along to?

2) Fair to Midland might be the last thing I expected to see as a suggestion when I opened this thread. That made me laugh very hard.

3) Who cares that Power is a few years old? Sandstorm, Seven Nation Army, Jump Around.... these are not new songs either.

4) Can we please go back to how hilarious this suggestion is? Which part of this song do you suggest we teach to our fanbase to sing along to? What percentage of our fanbase do you think has ever heard this song before? .01%? I almost wish we would try this just so I could witness the confusion.
Pepe SiIvia
AG
Tobias Funke said:

1) Why should we care that there is profanity in a song well after the portion that we chant along to?

2) Fair to Midland might be the last thing I expected to see as a suggestion when I opened this thread. That made me laugh very hard.

3) Who cares that Power is a few years old? Sandstorm, Seven Nation Army, Jump Around.... these are not new songs either.

4) Can we please go back to how hilarious this suggestion is? Which part of this song do you suggest we teach to our fanbase to sing along to? What percentage of our fanbase do you think has ever heard this song before? .01%? I almost wish we would try this just so I could witness the confusion.
My Beautiful Dark Twister Fantasy, the album from which Power is on, is considered one of the best albums of the 2010s. I'm sure a few more than .01% of Ags have heard it. Unless you're solely talking about the west side of the field.
Tobias Funke
AG
(I was talking about the Fair to Midland song)
Spyderman
AG
Tobias Funke said:

The questions you need to ask yourself are these:

1) Do we want a song which includes the N-Word (and a barrage of MF-Bombs) in its lyrics representing this university?

2) Do you believe this university is serious about being tolerant and all inclusive or are they just pretending?

3) Should others be made aware of this?

The greater good?
Honar
AG
Does anyone remember that box car racer song they used to use? More relevant today than ever.
Pepe SiIvia
AG
Reading comprehension fail. I must have went to A&M.
Pepe SiIvia
AG
Honar said:

Does anyone remember that box car racer song they used to use? More relevant today than ever.
A&M used to use a Boxcar Racer song?? Lol
Capt. America
AG
I enjoy Fair to Midland, but Power effin rocks as an intro. Stay home Karen.
Sex Panther
AG
Honar said:

Does anyone remember that box car racer song

Fify... and no
Girthquake
Spyderman said:

Just my guess, but perhaps few are even aware of the MF-Bombs and the Nword in the lyrics? Simple google exercise did it for me..
WGAF?!
Dr.Pepper7
AG
This is just a horrble take.....

Lets change an entrance that is highly regarded in college football. Its like some Ags want others to make fun of us.
vander54
S
Let's go with some 2 Live Crew.
World's worst proofreader
AGnBCS
AG
Love Fair to Midland I mean really love them .

But no . If Power gets replaced this ain't it .
Class of 65
AG
Texags has hit rock bottom
Capt. America
AG
The Brazos Kid
Just a touch of profanity but whatever...
Hanrahan
AG
Just change it to anything other than power. It's so lame. The whole intro has been so terrible for years. It. Start to build but goes no where then just ends. It's so bad I can't believe it's not been changed at all in so long. Don't care about profanity or not, but power is so damn lame.
Meximan
You m****f****z don't know what ya started
Closed caskets, chaos, n' carnage
I see the fear in your eyes, ya don't want it
Closed caskets, chaos, n' carnage
Rule#2
AG
You only missed the off-season by one month. Move along.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.