Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Conclusion

5,822 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by LatinAggie1997
SEC-Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stinky T said:

They let us out with a reduced buyout because the BigXII media partners agreed to keep the rest of the members' payout unchanged. That is not very likely to happen this time.

yup, and we weren't trying to undo a Grant of Rights. I'm no lawyer but i think that's a different animal, puts the B12 in a much stronger position to dig in.

We were simply exercising the existing termination option in our contract (and negotiating the ambiguities of calculating the exit price). afaik no such option exists in the GOR.

LatinAggie1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
33 said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

I am deeply frustrated and quite angry that the SEC allowed Ou and tu to beg for admittance.

Shouldn't you be deeply frustrated that A&M voted "yes" to allow them in?

It doesn't matter to me how the move was initiated nor by whom. My comments are a slight at the fact that we moved on first and have been doing well along with the SEC. They have not been doing well nor has their conference. Falling further behind in relevance, notoriety, recruiting, and money had them knowing a change was needed.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.