Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

My BDF source (who doesn't know SQUAT !!) says it will go down like this

3,564 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MaroonGoons2020
maroonthrunthru
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nothing happens to the BDF until 2025 Too much money at stake.

Everyone will scramble, most all will have a place to land, but all the deals cut will be for 2025 (just like the tu and ou deal).

BDF stays in place as a gimp conference until 2025.

tu and ou recruiting will suffer greatly through 2024.
dixichkn
AG
Best case scenario at this point
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
We can all guess with height probability that they will be here before 2025
Deplorable
Watching the gasoline get poured on the big dumpster fire.
MaroonGoons2020
AG
Why would their recruiting suffer through 2024?
Emilio Fantastico
AG
I wonder if ESiPN and other sports media will continue to pump up what a great, strong, competitive conference the BDF is until that time like they did last year.
maroonthrunthru
Recruiting suffers because none of the players in the next recruiting class will sniff the field in the SEC

And, logic says, that the 23 and 24 recruits will get their heads handed to them as new conference members

But, hey, that's just logic, so you can discount it
FtBendTxAg
AG
Technically the next recruiting class will be playing in the SEC. So they have to look forward to getting their teeth kicked in during year one
Gaius Julius Bevo
I expect we will play this upcoming season as our final one in the Big 12.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Can't wait to beat the absolute **** out of y'all
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
MaroonGoons2020 said:

Exactly. Not sure why people keep thinking this. They still have a path to the playoffs and to the NFL.
Rebel Yell
AG
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

MaroonGoons2020 said:

Exactly. Not sure why people keep thinking this. They still have a path to the playoffs and to the NFL.

Because no one wants to play Texas' boring schedule.

Not even Texas.
“I don’t even sit on the left side of church”
Actual Talking Thermos
Rebel Yell said:

Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

MaroonGoons2020 said:

Because no one wants to play Texas' boring schedule.

Not even Texas.
I reckon it's gonna be pretty lively now
DimebagsGhost
AG
They just have to pay $$ to play in the SEC next year people...

They are hoping the big8 leave and dissolve the conference prior to 2025, or ASAP -- but 2022 will have tu and OU playing ball
AzAg80
AG
Gaius Julius Bevo said:

Read an interesting article (sorry no link) describing how Texas and OU might start playing in the SEC as early as 2022. I believe it involved the SEC/ESPN granting say the 2nd biggest SEC game of the week to whichever network currently has Big-12 rights, and other possible deal sweeteners. No doubt tossing a few bucks around wouldn't hurt either.
Gaius Julius Bevo
AzAg80 said:

Gaius Julius Bevo said:

Read an interesting article (sorry no link) describing how Texas and OU might start playing in the SEC as early as 2022. I believe it involved the SEC/ESPN granting say the 2nd biggest SEC game of the week to whichever network currently has Big-12 rights, and other possible deal sweeteners. No doubt tossing a few bucks around wouldn't hurt either.
It is just a rumor I heard, but if true Eltife has lined up the money from various sources to pay the Big 12 buyout if necessary. Of course, the lower the number the better, but I really do believe this next season will be the final one Texas plays in the Big 12 no matter what ultimately happens with that conference.
aggiehawg
AG
AzAg80 said:

Gaius Julius Bevo said:

No tortious interference with contracts there, no sirree!
85AustinAg
AG
I don't think there's any way that ESPN, the SEC and our new neighbors let the B12 go on as is until 2025. My guess is next year.
TxAgswin
AG
DimebagsGhost said:

They just have to pay $$ to play in the SEC next year people...

Correct. They just have to pay 80 million dollars. Thats it.

I hope they do it.

I would love for them to fork over the same amount we pay Jimbo for A DECADE just to have the right to get their asses kicked by him sooner.

Pun intended.

Bring on the sips.
"A house divided cannot stand"

Abraham Lincoln
mustang1234
football and basketball starts by 2023,
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
So assume this is true, and they truly stay until 2025. How do tu and OU recruit players right now when 4 of the 5 years will be spent playing in the husk of a dying conference?
jb6092
you are right, he doesn't know squat
ag0207
AG
I hope they both have to wait until 2025 & all of tu's remaining games are refereed by tech grads & ou's games are called by okie lite alumni.
greg.w.h
AG
There is little reason for Texas to join before 2024 when the new ESPN contract replaces the CBS OTA contract. Both Texas and OU are already making what we make. Texas a bit more. OU similar but slightly less. Have to add in tier 3 for apples to apples.
MaroonGoons2020
AG
But that's what they're doing now. In reality, their position is getting better not worse.
MaroonGoons2020
AG
maroonthrunthru said:

Recruiting suffers because none of the players in the next recruiting class will sniff the field in the SEC

And, logic says, that the 23 and 24 recruits will get their heads handed to them as new conference members

But, hey, that's just logic, so you can discount it
The players they have recruited aren't sniffing the field in the SEC either. So relative to their current recruiting standards, nothing has changed. In the future years some classes will get to play in the SEC, so that is a plus for them.

I'm glad our recruits never had the attitude that they were going to get their heads handed to them as new conference members in the SEC. I don't see why theirs would. Too much Kool-Aid you might be drinking.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.