Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

You knew it was coming. Perryman Report is out.

8,996 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by W
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Maybe it's my age... maybe its my proximity to Lubbock... but am I the only one that feels bad for Texas Tech? (but really don't care about TCU and Baylor)
I feel badly not only for them but for all of the smaller programs that will have to shut down their athletic departments when the roadkill games become few and far between. Those football games that fund their athletic programs in many, many cases. They will be winnowed out. Now with NIL and unlimited transfer rules, if the do get a good player, he'll be poached by another team before he's a junior.
whatthehey78
AG
Not a big fan, but was an Adjunct Faculty member at TT for a period...so, I can't demean them too much. Hope they survive (not necessarily prosper). Sad for Lubbock's economy and the players/coaches.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
yeshellyes
AG
agent-maroon said:

Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Maybe it's my age... maybe its my proximity to Lubbock... but am I the only one that feels bad for Texas Tech? (but really don't care about TCU and Baylor)
Sometimes for an instant. Have lots of friends & family who are raiders and I grew up out there. My best friend (for the last 50 years) is a huge tech fan and still lives in Lubbock. But whenever those feelings happen I also reflect about how my family and I have been treated as Aggies and it quickly fades away.
oldcrow91
AG
Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Good ol Perryman.

This is that dudes super bowl.
OneGood2011Ag
AG
How did Ray Perryman even manage to publish this report? Didn't the Texas economy collapse back in 2012 due to A&M joining the SEC? Aren't we all living in caves without power, water, or jobs because A&M no longer played football in the state of Texas? Does he have some sort of secret generator to power his adding machine and sent this out via carrier pigeon?
aggiehawg
AG
OneGood2011Ag said:

How did Ray Perryman even manage to publish this report? Didn't the Texas economy collapse back in 2012 due to A&M joining the SEC? Aren't we all living in caves without power, water, or jobs because A&M no longer played football in the state of Texas? Does he have some sort of secret generator to power his adding machine and sent this out via carrier pigeon?
Chip and JoJo saved Waco's economy.
Showstopper
AG
I'm not saying it's the perfect answer, but the Pac 12 needs to do something. They can't go west. If you don't like Baylor and TCU, you could try to add OSU, TT, Kansas, and Iowa State. Kansas and Iowa State may prefer Big Ten, but I bet they prefer not getting locked out more.
IJones23
Doesn't the California gov have a ban on traveling to Texas for business? If that's true then those schools would have to pay out of pocket to travel to Texas. I don't see that happening.
rrtodds
AG
All said and done tu and OU kill an athletic conference and financially ravage multiple college communities while walking hand in hand to financial riches beyond their norms.

It's kinda embarrass that the SEC is participating in the end results.

The rich get rich.

The SEC. It just means more.
Bucketrunner
Hawg, proud to say hubby and I have never fallen for that tourist trap. Since bailer acted like such spoiled brats when we left, we decided we wouldn't be spending any money in Waco again.
aggiehawg
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Hawg, proud to say hubby and I have never fallen for that tourist trap. Since bailer acted like such spoiled brats when we left, we decided we wouldn't be spending any money in Waco again.
Had some friends from Arkansas come down and the wife insisted they go to Waco just to see the Silos. (ETA: They went without us.)

The only money I have spent in Waco was when I found a great deal on a used Bennington Pontoon boat in perfect condition. I had been looking for a new boat for a few years so when I saw that one at a great price, I pounced. We drove over, picked it up and came right back.
Iowaggie
AG
OneGood2011Ag said:

I've stated before that the reason Texas and OK legislatures could (but won't) get involved now is because this move is a big financial negative statewide. OK State could be moving from playing local rival OU and Texas to Tulsa as I could see OU no longer scheduling them. AND the big difference between this move and the A&M move is that since the Big 12 didn't lose P5 status (and TCU replaced them), A&M's move was a net positive as both TCU and A&M received more money, while none of the other B12 schools had financial losses (or very minimal losses of not having A&M on schedule).

This move is an overwhelming hit financially for the state. Any gain by Texas (and A&M) is not greater than the overwhelming loss financially of those other schools. The state will go from 5 P5 schools to essentially only 2.
W
AG
looking at the 2019 attendance numbers...

Iowa State averaged 59,000 fans per home game...which was good for 21st in all of FBS.

and higher than 5 SEC schools.

maybe there is hope for the Cyclones
W
AG
also interesting to look at Houston and SMU.

their 2019 average attendance was around 25,000 per game.

that's what happens to group-of-five teams with unattractive home schedules.

which is where Baylor, TCU, and Tech might be heading
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.