Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The real reason the sips want in

10,082 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by S.A. Aggie
EllisCoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehawg said:

sonnysixkiller
AG
Wonder how they fit the dildo parade into their new surroundings?
Just an Ag
AG
More money, and better recruiting. Why wouldn't they want in? The funny thing is they are completely unaware they are the obnoxious dudes that nobody wants to be around. We got up and moved to the table at the other side of the lunch room with our new friends. After a while they realize we ditched them, and we look up and see them coming over to sit at our table. Geez, can't they get it that we just don't want to be around them!?
AggieVictor10
AG
bro they want money
S.A. Aggie
AG
The sips saw that the good guys were getting much better recruits than the sips were and the trend wasn't going to change. tu knew the only way to save their program was to follow the Ags.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
They don't actually want to play in the SEC. They just wanted the invitation so they can join if the super conference route is taken. I am convinced they will not join in 2026 unless the SEC is 20 or more teams. They want no part of the 16 team conference being between the 8th and 16th best team. They would go independent before that nightmare
Ag Tag
Houstonag said:

They knew TAMU just had a good season finishing 3rd nationally and were getting ready to have another good season, maybe a great one. If they did not push for inclusion now with their lap dog OU and the ESPN sips working there, they would really be in the hole. Their football has sucked for a decade and will likely continue with their new coaches also...
Famous programs can fall down and stay down for an awfully long time. Notre Dame's last National Championship was 33 years ago. And it could be a very long time into the future for them and the sips.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Quote:

They didn't have to. They could have rebuilt the Big XII back up to 12 members, kept divisional play and a CCG which means more $$$. Instead, they deliberately cratered their own conference and are now actively seeking to cause it to disband for their own financial benefit.
Nail meet the hammer.

So much truth! Great post!
TAMU74
AG
Bryanisbest said:

,"Horns will ultimately have to join the SEC," was a topic I started here in 2011 that was moved to Old Rivalries and is there on page 2 today. People on this board unanimously disagreed then. The reason I gave was that otherwise the Horns would lose their superior position to us in Texas. This proved to be their reason 10 years later.
You are correct and very insightful.
Once the sips saw our success especially last year and their program was rapidly moving into the abyss they knew they had to get on board in the SEC.
The sips were well on their way to becoming irrelevant and we were foolish enough to throw a lifeline.
They would never have done this for A&M if the situation were reversed.
That's not even up for debate!
Captain Caveman
AG
They are poosays
NonReg81
Houstonag said:

They knew TAMU just had a good season finishing 3rd nationally and were getting ready to have another good season, maybe a great one. If they did not push for inclusion now with their lap dog OU and the ESPN sips working there, they would really be in the hole. Their football has sucked for a decade and will likely continue with their new coaches also. The NIL brings a whole new variable as well for the athletes benefitting will be hard to manage for all programs. There will be violations and I can assure the sips will be at the top of it.

If Sankey did not keep all informed of the early considerations, then he is a person without integrity or honor. He must go and soon. If he stays, he is the kind, like some of the Dems in office now, writing policies that benefit only a few. The smaller schools will certainly be damaged by this and will never have a chance to win the big prize in football. It is all about recruiting and paying the coaches good salaries. Those with the most funds will benefit.

If one just pauses and looks at the history of TU and the AGs over the past 120 years the battle has been rough between the two. In spite of the obvious advantages the sips have had with the legislature the Aggies have risen to the top in many academic and athletic areas. Just look at the facts. The programs, research, student performance, business community accolades, facilities, the campus and now 70,000 plus students, etc. TAMU has succeeded in spite of the bias for 120 years.
I agree 100%
NonReg81
EllisCoAg said:

aggiehawg said:

NonReg81
Captain Caveman said:

They are poosays
NonReg81
TAMU74 said:

Bryanisbest said:

"Horns will ultimately have to join the SEC," was a topic I started here in 2011 that was moved to Old Rivalries and is there on page 2 today. People on this board unanimously disagreed then. The reason I gave was that otherwise the Horns would lose their superior position to us in Texas. This proved to be their reason 10 years later.
You are correct and very insightful.
Once the sips saw our success especially last year and their program was rapidly moving into the abyss they knew they had to get on board in the SEC.
The sips were well on their way to becoming irrelevant and we were foolish enough to throw my lifeline.
They would never have done this for A&M if the situation were reversed.
That's not even up for debate!

aeon-ag
DallasAg 94 said:

NIL changed everything. I hate the Sips joining the SEC, but I see why.

If we (SEC) get $15M/yr more than the BDF, just in TV money... That's 30 players @ $500 per...

Scholarships have no value. A limit of 85 scholarships at $30K/yr was a way the NCAA could control parity. 25 new scholarships limited what you could bring in.

Now, NIL money says... there is no connection to the school nor NCAA and they don't have to know anything about what a player gets paid.

Sips and OU can no longer afford to carry poor teams.

The SEC will still have Governance over member teams. Something the NCAA won't be able to do.
"Sips and OU can no longer afford to carry poor teams." Exactly the reason for the break up of the SWC!
The Agly Duckling
rootube said:

What's a word for where someone is massively insecure but also thinks everything is about them.
Reminds me of two American Presidents right off the top of my head. There may be more than just those two.
DSAG
TXAG 05 said:

Or maybe, just maybe, they, like everyone else, knew that they big 12 wasn't viable for the long term and wanted to get in a new conference that is solid and make a lot more money at the same time. Couldn't be that simple could it?
This is the logical answer .
Simple as that.
JonnieUtah
AG
rootube said:

What's a word for where someone is massively insecure but also thinks everything is about them.
NarSARKist
S.A. Aggie
AG
The reason the sips wanted into our game was plain jealousy, jealousy and more jealousy. They saw us passing them up like their tires were off on quality of recruiting, game coverage, game quality plus they have been the joke of football for the past 10 years. They are jealous, plain and simple.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.