Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The real reason the sips want in

10,048 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by S.A. Aggie
Houstonag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They knew TAMU just had a good season finishing 3rd nationally and were getting ready to have another good season, maybe a great one. If they did not push for inclusion now with their lap dog OU and the ESPN sips working there, they would really be in the hole. Their football has sucked for a decade and will likely continue with their new coaches also. The NIL brings a whole new variable as well for the athletes benefitting will be hard to manage for all programs. There will be violations and I can assure the sips will be at the top of it.

If Sankey did not keep all informed of the early considerations, then he is a person without integrity or honor. He must go and soon. If he stays, he is the kind, like some of the Dems in office now, writing policies that benefit only a few. The smaller schools will certainly be damaged by this and will never have a chance to win the big prize in football. It is all about recruiting and paying the coaches good salaries. Those with the most funds will benefit.

If one just pauses and looks at the history of TU and the AGs over the past 120 years the battle has been rough between the two. In spite of the obvious advantages the sips have had with the legislature the Aggies have risen to the top in many academic and athletic areas. Just look at the facts. The programs, research, student performance, business community accolades, facilities, the campus and now 70,000 plus students, etc. TAMU has succeeded in spite of the bias for 120 years.
SBISA Victim
AG
Take it to the conspiracy board.
Hehateme1
TXAG 05
AG
Or maybe, just maybe, they, like everyone else, knew that they big 12 wasn't viable for the long term and wanted to get in a new conference that is solid and make a lot more money at the same time. Couldn't be that simple could it?
GIF Reactor
AG
It was about enriching the lives of student-athletes.
Just kidding. It was about enriching the universities and attempting to guarantee that, long term.
Phatbob
AG
The main reason they wanted in to the SEC was their home schedule.

9/4: LA-Lafayette
9/18: Rice
9/25: Texas Tech
10/16: Okie lite
11/13: Kansas
11/26: KState

How the hell do you sell season tickets to that steaming pile of crap they laid in front of themselves?

We are bailing them out of a stinking pile of garbage as if they won't bring the stench with them.
DM44
Bottom line. With students being paid, college football for schools wanting to compete for national championships is now a professional sport.

The top level football schools have to make themselves as attractive as possible to recruit the best athletes. To make themselves attractive to these athletes, these top football colleges have to be on national tv as much as possible. Creating a mega-conference with multiple teams that have national attraction is now necessary. This is why so many are saying college football is facing massive change in the coming years.

Sips and Sooners are preparing for this new style of college football.

These schools and top players are excited by the future, but are they going to ruin this sport in the process?

For the remainder, there will be no money and maybe, just maybe, they will return to their roots. These left-behinds could form regional conferences and have real student-athletes who just want to play football because they love it. Fans can be entertained with pretty good football at a decent ticket price. Fans can travel with their teams to other nearby colleges and have a fun weekend without wearing out their credit cards.

I enjoy watching really good SEC football, but I also miss the old SWC. Those games were fun to attend, even playing Rice. Rice football may have not been competitive, but their weird band (The Mob) was entertaining.

FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Phatbob said:

The main reason they wanted in to the SEC was their home schedule.

9/4: LA-Lafayette
9/18: Rice
9/25: Texas Tech
10/16: Okie lite
11/13: Kansas
11/26: KState

How the hell do you sell season tickets to that steaming pile of crap they laid in front of themselves?

We are bailing them out of a stinking pile of garbage as if they won't bring the stench with them.
It won't ultimately get spun this way in the media (or by cow), but you're 100% correct. This and schedules like it were staring them in the face for years unless they jumped.
philevans
AG
where ever the money goest
thou tu goest.
TXlic GIGM61
rootube
AG
What's a word for where someone is massively insecure but also thinks everything is about them.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Bryanisbest
AG
"Horns will ultimately have to join the SEC," was a topic I started here in 2011 that was moved to Old Rivalries and is there on page 2 today. People on this board unanimously disagreed then. The reason I gave was that otherwise the Horns would lose their superior position to us in Texas. This proved to be their reason 10 years later.
FarmerJohn
AG
Quote:

Rice football may have not been competitive, but their weird band (The Mob) was entertaining.
Now they are just weird.
aggiehawg
AG
Bryanisbest said:

"Horns will ultimately have to join the SEC," was a topic I started here in 2011 that was moved to Old Rivalries and is there on page 2 today. People on this board unanimously disagreed then. The reason I gave was that otherwise the Horns would lose their superior position to us in Texas. This proved to be their reason 10 years later.
They didn't have to. They could have rebuilt the Big XII back up to 12 members, kept divisional play and a CCG which means more $$$. Instead, they deliberately cratered their own conference and are now actively seeking to cause it to disband for their own financial benefit.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Bryanisbest said:

Congratulations?
Bryanisbest
AG
aggiehawg said:

Bryanisbest said:

They didn't have to. They could have rebuilt the Big XII back up to 12 members, kept divisional play and a CCG which means more $$$. Instead, they deliberately cratered their own conference and are now actively seeking to cause it to disband for their own financial benefit.

Na. OP and I agree. I knew this 10 years ago.
Upperdeck Critic
Super conferences were discussed as early as the 1960s. I recall reading a now defunct sports magazine based in Texas discussing this very topic. The magazine only published a few issues. I think the name of the magazine was something like Texas Sports. It covered primarily Texas professional teams and the college teams.
whatthehey78
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

rootube said:

What's a word for where someone is massively insecure but also thinks everything is about them.
Sip?
We have a winner!
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
whatthehey78
AG
aggiehawg said:

Bryanisbest said:

Amazing how someone ALWAYS has the correct answer/response. Thanks for posting here!
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
IamGroot
AG
The answer is so simple. Sips are not stupid. They can read the writing on the wall.

They simply wanted to ensure they have a chair at the adult table when the music stops.
whatthehey78
AG
IamGroot said:

The answer is so simple. Sips are not stupid. They can read the writing on the wall.

They simply wanted to ensure they have a chair at the adult table when the music stops.
And I have to ask...where EXACTLY were their "smarts" with their failed proposal to move to the PAC 10 and then, the "hoar" hook up with ESPN (LHN)???

Amazes me how soooo many choose to ignore THE FACT tu built the B12...B12-2-2+2 to their liking ("Easy way to the playoffs"). Those were some plans, right there. And let's not forget, ou demonstrated their idiocy by following tu in lockstep fashion. Both administrations have proven they are mentally challenged. Sad...if it wasn't SOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY! LOL
BCEDAg
AG
When Okie Lite is the toughest opponent on your home schedule that should tell you something. Yikes!
bryanw1995
AG
FarmerJohn said:

Quote:

Rice football may have not been competitive, but their weird band (The Mob) was entertaining.
Now they are just weird.
They were always weird, and entertaining. Doesn't matter now though, once the super conference structure is in place we will never see them again.
Houstonag
AG
Good points about student athletes returning to their roots. I do remember.
Krazykat
AG
I thought Texas was OU's lap dog. Not the other way around.
BCEDAg
AG
I still have issues of Texas Sports magazines from late 70's and early '80's. Also had good coverage of Texas high school football.
500,000ags
AG
I believe this is the driving factor. UT fans I know still talk about the atmosphere versus LSU. It's light years better than current Big 12 teams. I do think the timing is odd. A&M having potentially back to back Top 5 finishes probably made them hurry up and not wait until 2025.
Caesar4
AG
rootube said:

NarSIPist?
Houstonag
AG
You are right.
MaroonStain
AG
WarAGle said:

Take it to the conspiracy board.

Staff took away the not P and not R thread.
Rebel Yell
AG
All reasons for the move can be summed up with . . .

They are a parasite and their current host is dying.

“I don’t even sit on the left side of church”
aggiehawg
AG
500,000ags said:

I believe this is the driving factor. UT fans I know still talk about the atmosphere versus LSU. It's light years better than current Big 12 teams. I do think the timing is odd. A&M having potentially back to back Top 5 finishes probably made them hurry up and not wait until 2025.
That proves just how dumb and insular sip fans are.
Bryanisbest
AG
whatthehey78 said:

aggiehawg said:

Bryanisbest said:

Amazing how someone ALWAYS has the correct answer/response. Thanks for posting here!

All that aggiehawg stated were obvious results that anyone could see coming way back in 2011. That is why I predicted that Texas would eventually have to come to SEC. No other options would be left.
TxAgswin
AG
Aliens.
"A house divided cannot stand"

Abraham Lincoln
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.