Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Mad about tsips in the SEC? Why?

7,559 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Signel
maroongoon95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why is everyone so upset about a mediocre big 12 football team ( sips) entering a superior conference and playing a top 4 SEC, football team , being us, every year? What are y'all scared of? We are at the highest level of football in the history of our program. And I can see a natty within 3 years. The sips will be mediocre as long as Sark is there. Yes, they will improve in recruiting, but there culture will remain blah for years to come. Yes, we are going to get some " We're back" here and there, but nothing solid for years to come. Meanwhile, the Aggies will continue to steamroll, and Jimbo will be here for a long time. Relax zoo. It will be ok
TexasRebel
AG
This isn't about a stupid game.
Gump 02
AG
Because they are entitled jerks. We are not afraid. They are not compatible.
dixichkn
AG
Why do people persist in insisting the challenge here is ON the field?

Ok, the officiating. But beyond that........ big nothing burger.

In the league offices. The boardroom. The legislature. That's where 99% of the problems with these Aholes resides.
BusterAg
AG
Because, with tu in the SEC, we will lose some of our recruits to them, and that will make it harder for us to beat Bama.

It's clear as day.
In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it. Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality, was tacitly denied by their philosophy. The heresy of heresies was common sense -George Orwell, 1984, Part 1, Chapter 7
King
AG
It's because they talked so much **** when we left 10 years ago for the sec.
Now after years of them sucking they want to join. And the timing couldn't be more opportunistic for them. Right as we're turning the corner.
But more importantly it's the recruiting.
They already get great players because they're "Texas". Even after years of mediocrity the sips still recruit well.
Now with them in the sec they take away A&Ms biggest selling point.
So yeah.
That's the big deal.

**** it. BTHO tu!!!
polksalet12345
It's like having antifa moving in next door.
All your base
InnerCityAg
polksalet12345 said:

It's like having antifa moving in next door.

Exactly. Don't give an inch.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Anyone who thinks this is about the game needs to have their brain examined.

It's about the corrupt organization that is Texas that destroys everything in its path. They are cheats.

Too many Ags are happy being the recipient of the ***** It says a lot about the inferiority complex we can't seem to shake
StonewallAggieDEFENSE
Don't be pissed at the sips. They just wanna run beside big brother's coattails. Be pissed at our our leadership(?) and the backstabbing conference this has shockingly become.
InnerCityAg
Ghost of Bizbee said:

Anyone who thinks this is about the game needs to have their brain examined.

It's about the corrupt organization that is Texas that destroys everything in its path. They are cheats.

Too many Ags are happy being the recipient of the ***** It says a lot about the inferiority complex we can't seem to shake

Yes, this is true.

Might as well tear down the 12th Man statue. (that thing is hideous anyway)
Ex-liberalag12
maroongoon95 said:

Why is everyone so upset about a mediocre big 12 football team ( sips) entering a superior conference and playing a top 4 SEC, football team , being us, every year? What are y'all scared of? We are at the highest level of football in the history of our program. And I can see a natty within 3 years. The sips will be mediocre as long as Sark is there. Yes, they will improve in recruiting, but there culture will remain blah for years to come. Yes, we are going to get some " We're back" here and there, but nothing solid for years to come. Meanwhile, the Aggies will continue to steamroll, and Jimbo will be here for a long time. Relax zoo. It will be ok

No one is scared to play tu. In fact, it's going to be fun. Some, like me, don't like to be thrown under the bus by your conference, especially one that preaches loyalty. Unfortunately, if you don't show strength you will be treated as such. It's mind bogging the sec truly feels tu is more powerful than A&M, at least at a level they have currently shown. **** 'em. I'm good with saying yes and now going forward, but my loyalty is out the window with the sec and we should leave when the opportunity arises. And how it is looking, many big changes are coming at an incredibly fast rate.

Sure, anyone would probably take 2 big schools for one big school, but ya just lost one. If you aren't pissed with what the sec just did, you don't have a heartbeat and aren't alive..
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
StonewallAggieDEFENSE said:

Don't be pissed at the sips. They just wanna run beside big brother's coattails. Be pissed at our our leadership(?) and the backstabbing conference this has shockingly become.

Careful when you say that, or you'll get shamed on this board by all the sheep who like to fall in line and let Texas have their way
Ramdiesel
BusterAg said:

Because, with tu in the SEC, we will lose some of our recruits to them, and that will make it harder for us to beat Bama.

It's clear as day.
No doubt this is the issue, and they may have just given Texas the best recruiting advantage they have ever had in the state of Texas by voting them into the SEC. I feel they have essentially locked up the entire state as SEC territory, and kicked out the BIG, the ACC, the PAC, and got rid of all the pesky little schools in the region that have given Texas fits in football the last 10 years. Texas doesn't have to play them anymore if they don't want to...

Texas is the only school in the state that has won a National Title and played in another National Championship game in the modern era of College football...That's a selling point for them.

I don't see how any of the above is good for A&M.
bryanw1995
AG
Ramdiesel said:

BusterAg said:

It's clear as day.
No doubt this is the issue, and they may have just given Texas the best recruiting advantage they have ever had in the state of Texas by voting them into the SEC. I feel they have essentially locked up the entire state as SEC territory, and kicked out the BIG, the ACC, the PAC, and got rid of all the pesky little schools in the region that have given Texas fits in football the last 10 years. Texas doesn't have to play them anymore if they don't want to...

Texas is the only school in the state that has won a National Title and played in another National Championship game in the modern era of College football...That's a selling point for them.

I don't see how any of the above is good for A&M.
gtfo tsip
Houstonag
AG
No concern about the sips. It reminds me of when I was a kid playing in the neighborhood and you soon find out who are the cheaters, the thugs, those who want to control. Well, the good guys would not let them play. This is the sips. We just ignored the brats. If the sips step out of line in the SEC I hope the new commissioner, and there will be one , (for Sankey will be gone after his deceitful handling of this matter) will lower the boom.

If Sankey cooked this deal without all members being timely informed then that is the height of deceit. Time will tell what the true story is. So far I do not have any respect for the process or those who manipulated strings behind the scene. Full disclosure is required in order to have trust in the league. Full disclosure.
Get Off My Lawn
Current concern about the sips? No.

But SOMEDAY... Jimbo will lose a preferred recruit because he wasn't able to offer them the only local SEC option. SOMEDAY Jimbo will need to be replaced/backfilled. SOMEDAY the sips will have a great coach again. SOMEDAY they'll be up while we're down and we know how that recruiting dynamic works out.

Effectively; the 100 year decision has been eroded by a 10 year decision.

AND A&M's leadership couldn't even humour their fan base with a 13-0 vote for the dual symbolism.
TRD-Ferguson
AG
Watching the news last night and they were interviewing current A&M students who were absolutely giddy about playing the sips. They have no idea of the cancer they're embracing.

As others have said it's never been about the game. The game is just the infected boil that comes to the surface once a year. Oh, and t-shirt sips that will now come out of the closet. It's disgusting.
TheAccidentalAg
AG
Houstonag said:

No concern about the sips. It reminds me of when I was a kid playing in the neighborhood and you soon find out who are the cheaters, the thugs, those who want to control. Well, the good guys would not let them play. This is the sips.

Rest of post is good, but this hits home.
TreeFarmer
AG
It has nothing to do with playing and beating the sips on the field. I am very confident in Jimbo and our talent on the field.

It has everything to do with letting them rot in the stench of the bed they just **** all over in the B12.
Kenneth_2003
AG
As others have said it's not about the game.

Any time! Any place!

But you don't do business with snakes! Anyone that cannot or willfully refuses to see the distinction should be throat punched!
Crazytom11
I'm most irritated by tu and ou joining because it weakens what has been an awesome conference schedule. Regardless of pods or east vs west, most of the options mean not playing Bama or Auburn every year which is disappointing. What do we get in return for losing opponents with deep CFB history and competition? We get ou, tu, and Mizzou.... ya pass.

I've experienced both B12 and SEC conference play and I am just get a feeling of indifference towards those games....

Sure our path to the Conference Championship and National Championship is "easier" but we will still have to play Bama eventually and I don't like being excited to have an easier schedule. An easier schedule is not enjoyable.

Then you add in the fact that tu and ou are claiming to join the big boys but their schedule is waaaay easier than what we've faced the last 10 years. They will puff up their chests and claim to be SEC ready when they collect wins against Miss State and Mizzou, and the media will pump them up the whole time. I just am a hard pass on the whole experience. They have always had a false sense of importance but know they are watering down my viewing experience and still spewing their bs.
atmtws
AG
They're corrupt, coercive and petty.

Corrupt:

Coercive:

Petty:

I hope they dont get to the SEC until 2025, and during that time I pray we can win a conference and national championship. WE HAVE TO WIN BIG IN THE SEC BEFORE THEY CORRUPT IT.

/W\
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Because I want to play an SEC schedule as an SEC team, do not want to play cow, OU, and Mizzou every year.....
Bryanisbest
AG
OP is absolutely correct!
FarmerJohn
AG
t.u. went behind everyone to negotiate with CBS to try for a Notre Dame like deal where they go independent. CBS declined. They blocked our initial interest in the SEC (which we were happy if they came too) but then negotiated with OU to form the Big XII. The thing is, it wasn't their idea for the SWC to join the Big 8, but they just didn't like the initial idea where everyone would come. Here's a quote from the president of K-State.
Quote:

Wefald: Geez, this guy from Kansas State trying to get all of us to join the Big Eight. They probably viewed me as kind of a humorous figure. In 1990, I don't think too many other ADs were really thinking of this kind of merger. I think 11 of the 16 schools were there [at the meetings]. This was just for initial discussion. Here, it's on the table: Are there benefits to a merger? Instead of eight and eight, we'd be 16. The conversation went on for 30 minutes, and Bill Cunningham, I would say he had an attitude. He was a brilliant fellow, but I think he knew that too. So 30 minutes into the meeting, he says, "We are not interested."

They had Bullock strong arm us into a deal they already negotiated. They worked to move the Big XII conference championship game from a North/South rotation to a permanent Dallas game. The worked to have the Big XII offices in Dallas. The deal for the south to get the baseball tournament and the north to get basketball turned into basketball rotating to the south. Here's K-State again.

Quote:

Wefald: I voted for everything Texas wanted. Whatever they wanted was fine with me.

They sold their media rights thereby crippling any efforts to form a conference network. Then even after almost destroying the conference, they still insisted on an unequal distribution of funds.

That's just what we know for a fact. Considering how much other smoke is around their activities, surely there is more they have been up to in the last 30 years. Not once in the last 30 years has t.u. made any effort to sacrifice an ounce of power for the betterment of the conference. In their wake of destruction, they have destroyed three conferences (SWC, Big 8, Big XII). And now we are getting back together.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
The worst part of this is we will lose our built-in recruiting advantage as the only SEC school in Texas. The NIL, transfer protocols, and the addition of Texas and Oklahoma will make it even more difficult to recruit 4 and 5 star players and retain them. In 2011, Colorado and Nebraska left the Big 12 for the Pac 12 and Big 10 respectively. A year later, Missouri and Texas A&M left the Big 12 for the SEC. All 4 schools were tired of being bullied by Texas. That's why there has been a massive meltdown all over the internet, especially on TexAgs. I am grateful that we have Jimbo Fisher, who can adapt to these additional challenges.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Houstonag said:

No concern about the sips. It reminds me of when I was a kid playing in the neighborhood and you soon find out who are the cheaters, the thugs, those who want to control. Well, the good guys would not let them play. This is the sips. We just ignored the brats. If the sips step out of line in the SEC I hope the new commissioner, and there will be one , (for Sankey will be gone after his deceitful handling of this matter) will lower the boom.

If Sankey cooked this deal without all members being timely informed then that is the height of deceit. Time will tell what the true story is. So far I do not have any respect for the process or those who manipulated strings behind the scene. Full disclosure is required in order to have trust in the league. Full disclosure.

This
alamogeorge
AG
TexasRebel said:

TexAgs needs the "Love" button like Facebook.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
schmellba99
AG
TexasRebel said:

Unfortunately most don't get this. Sadly, it is in Aggie DNA to care more about tu than it is to care more about Texas A&M.
theHersh
AG
liberalag12 said:

maroongoon95 said:

No one is scared to play tu. In fact, it's going to be fun. Some, like me, don't like to be thrown under the bus by your conference, especially one that preaches loyalty. Unfortunately, if you don't show strength you will be treated as such. It's mind bogging the sec truly feels tu is more powerful than A&M, at least at a level they have currently shown. **** 'em. I'm good with saying yes and now going forward, but my loyalty is out the window with the sec and we should leave when the opportunity arises. And how it is looking, many big changes are coming at an incredibly fast rate.

Sure, anyone would probably take 2 big schools for one big school, but ya just lost one. If you aren't pissed with what the sec just did, you don't have a heartbeat and aren't alive..

Leave the SEC? That would be like divorcing your supermodel wife and burning your multi-million dollar house down because you spotted a fat, obsessed, old girlfriend looking at a house in your neighborhood.

The SEC has been the best decision by A&M in my lifetime - I recommend some perspective, a deep breath, glass of Lagavulin on the rocks and a well-aged Padron cigar.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
BusterAg said:

It's clear as day.
You understand that the time is coming (and very soon, mind you) when recruiting will be working out payment amount, not who has the best facilities, opportunity, etc., right?
infinity ag
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

BusterAg said:

It's clear as day.
You understand that the time is coming (and very soon, mind you) when recruiting will be working out payment amount, not who has the best facilities, opportunity, etc., right?

I tink you are right!

Pay to Play!
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
maroongoon95 said:

I'll answer that question using an old famous quote and rewording it.

"Never get into a football game with a bunch of cheaters, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

That's why.
JodyMcD96
AG
theHersh said:

liberalag12 said:

maroongoon95 said:

Leave the SEC? That would be like divorcing your supermodel wife and burning your multi-million dollar house down because you spotted a fat, obsessed, old girlfriend looking at a house in your neighborhood.

The SEC has been the best decision by A&M in my lifetime - I recommend some perspective, a deep breath, glass of Lagavulin on the rocks and a well-aged Padron cigar.

"No matter how good she looks, someone, somewhere is sick of her crap."
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.