Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If another conference comes calling. . .

6,342 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Faustus
rootube
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehawg said:

rootube said:

No. As unpalatable as it is to hear, they could have probably landed in either the B10 or the PAC. They chose the SEC for a reason.
B1G turned them down as a package in February. Value wasn't there and OU is not AAU.

I guess we are fixin to find out where the value is. What do I know, I'm just a good old boy who graduated from a lowly SEC program.
greg.w.h
AG
I doubt Texas actually enters the conference. But they do like the lack of a GoR.
aggiehawg
AG
rootube said:

aggiehawg said:

rootube said:

No. As unpalatable as it is to hear, they could have probably landed in either the B10 or the PAC. They chose the SEC for a reason.
B1G turned them down as a package in February. Value wasn't there and OU is not AAU.

I guess we are fixin to find out where the value is. What do I know, I'm just a good old boy who graduated from a lowly SEC program.
Fox Sports didn't see the value of having sips and sooners in either the B1G or the even the Big XII. Have to ask yourself why not?
rootube
AG
aggiehawg said:

rootube said:

aggiehawg said:

rootube said:

Fox Sports didn't see the value of having sips and sooners in either the B1G or the even the Big XII. Have to ask yourself why not?

They are dumb as rocks would be my guess. It's the B10's move now so I guess we will see if they were brilliant strategists or idiots.
Alpha Texan
AG
They will. With no intention of actually going to them. They'll tell the Big 10, "here's the SEC's offer, can you do better?" then they'll come back to the SEC with the Big 10's offer and ask the SEC for more. If they do, I hope we tell em to get lost. We hold the cards.
Tex117
AG
Would drop SEC and go B1G in a heartbeat...especially Texas.

TyHolden
AG
You listen to all offers.
aggiehawg
AG
rootube said:

aggiehawg said:

rootube said:

aggiehawg said:

rootube said:

They are dumb as rocks would be my guess. It's the B10's move now so I guess we will see if they were brilliant strategists or idiots.
You might think they are dumb but they look at the same numbers as ESPN does. I'm not sure what the B1G ends up doing but I do know that Fox Sports and Barry Alvarez will have a huge say.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Tex117 said:

Would drop SEC and go B1G in a heartbeat...especially Texas.

"I would like to thank the SEC leadership, staff and the entire administration that made me feel part of a family; however, this after much consideration I have decided to decommit from the SEC. I am officially reopening my recruiting. Please respect my decision". ~texsa pronghorn
dcAg
Slocum on a mobile said:
"Then why do they keep Nebraska around? They lost their AAU status in 2011. Rutgers and Maryland are though.

Iowa State is an AAU school, and so is Kansas out of the BDF."

Nebraska was an AAU school but lost their certification for their teaching hopital wasnt close enough to the main campus...something stupid like that. They are in the process of getting re-certified.

rootube
AG
aggiehawg said:

rootube said:

aggiehawg said:

rootube said:

aggiehawg said:

rootube said:

You might think they are dumb but they look at the same numbers as ESPN does. I'm not sure what the B1G ends up doing but I do know that Fox Sports and Barry Alvarez will have a huge say.

They failed spectacularly during the last round of realignment by counting TV sets in states that don't watch much college football and adding programs that are both historically and currently awful. What do you think Fox and ESPN will value their additions in the new media landscape? The question they should have been asking was do people want to watch this product. If they had explored that concept the answer would have been no.
Faustus
vander54 said:

rootube said:

vander54 said:

rootube said:

The PAC is dead and OU wouldn't be allowed in the Big 10. They had 3 real options. 1. Split up. 2. ACC 3. SEC

I think it's hilarious people think the B10 is too intellectual to have OU in the conference. If they are so damn smart how did they end up with Rutgers and Maryland last go around. Those guys better have monster SAT's.

The BiG 10 flat out said they only want AAU schools

I think they'd make an exception for Notre Dame, but it's the outlier.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.