Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If another conference comes calling. . .

6,341 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Faustus
Post removed:
by user
Shoefly!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes they would, they are SLIMEBALLS!
Sid Farkas
AG
no. they know the SEC is the best option
Showstopper
AG
I wish but no probably not
Bunk Moreland
Lol. No.
vander54
S
No. SEC will be the highest paid conference for awhile.
World's worst proofreader
Ex-liberalag12
If it is pac/big 10 they would..
Sterling82
OU no. Sips yes. A&M?
erube
AG
liberalag12 said:

PAC is a joke.
B1G won't take 0u not AAU
vander54
S
erube said:

liberalag12 said:

PAC is a joke.

Correct.

The conference power rank was

SEC
BIG 10
ACC

Big 12/ Pac 12

Now it is

SEC

Big 10
ACC (They were hoping to get tu and OU)

PAC 12

Biggest loser (outside the rest of the Big 12) in all this may be the ACC. Their days may be numbered.
World's worst proofreader
rootube
AG
No. As unpalatable as it is to hear, they could have probably landed in either the B10 or the PAC. They chose the SEC for a reason.
rootube
AG
vander54 said:

erube said:

liberalag12 said:

PAC is a joke.

Correct.

SEC
BIG 10
ACC

Big 12/ Pac 12

Now it is

SEC

Big 10

PAC 12

Biggest loser (outside the rest of the Big 12) in all this may be the ACC. Their days may be numbered.

The ACC has a tv contract through like 2035. Unless ESPN decides to restructure it they aren't going anywhere any time soon.
vander54
S
rootube said:

No. As unpalatable as it is to hear, they could have probably landed in either the B10 or the PAC. They chose the SEC for a reason.

The PAC is dead and OU wouldn't be allowed in the Big 10. They had 3 real options. 1. Split up. 2. ACC 3. SEC
vander54
S
rootube said:

vander54 said:

erube said:

liberalag12 said:

PAC is a joke.

Correct.

SEC
BIG 10
ACC

Big 12/ Pac 12

Now it is

SEC

Big 10

PAC 12

The ACC has a tv contract through like 2035. Unless ESPN decides to restructure it they aren't going anywhere any time soon.

I didn't say soon but they are definitely 3rd in the power rankings and there really aren't any great options on the table to get a lot stronger.

The one thing they have going is the length of their contract. A lot can change in 14 years.
rootube
AG
vander54 said:

rootube said:

The PAC is dead and OU wouldn't be allowed in the Big 10. They had 3 real options. 1. Split up. 2. ACC 3. SEC

I think it's hilarious people think the B10 is too intellectual to have OU in the conference. If they are so damn smart how did they end up with Rutgers and Maryland last go around. Those guys better have monster SAT's.
rootube
AG
vander54 said:

rootube said:

vander54 said:

erube said:

liberalag12 said:

PAC is a joke.

Correct.

SEC
BIG 10
ACC

Big 12/ Pac 12

Now it is

SEC

Big 10

PAC 12

I didn't say soon but they are definitely 3rd in the power rankings and there really aren't any great options on the table to get a lot stronger.

The one thing they have going is the length of their contract. A lot can change in 14 years.

They do have a ****ty team problem. No denying that.
vander54
S
rootube said:

vander54 said:

rootube said:

I think it's hilarious people think the B10 is too intellectual to have OU in the conference. If they are so damn smart how did they end up with Rutgers and Maryland last go around. Those guys better have monster SAT's.

The BiG 10 flat out said they only want AAU schools
vander54
S
rootube said:

vander54 said:

rootube said:

vander54 said:

erube said:

liberalag12 said:

PAC is a joke.

Correct.

SEC
BIG 10
ACC

Big 12/ Pac 12

Now it is

SEC

Big 10

PAC 12

They do have a ****ty team problem. No denying that.

They currently have 1 team and a couple has beens. Clemson is carrying that conference right now.

That is why OU and tu were important for them. If they joined the ACC could have possibly convinced ND to become a permanent member.
Ramdiesel
vander54 said:

erube said:

liberalag12 said:

PAC is a joke.

Correct.

SEC
BIG 10
ACC

Big 12/ Pac 12

Now it is

SEC

Big 10

PAC 12

The ACC is in a better position than the PAC. They signed a Grant of Rights deal that lasts like 15 years recently, like within the last 2 or 3 years....That would mean some huge exit fees for colleges to get out of the ACC..

I think the PACs grant of rights deal is up for renewal in just a couple of years. They are ripe for getting raided right now by the BIG.
vander54
S
I know. I said PAC is dead and ACC is third. If their contract wasn't up in 2035 you'd probably see a few ACC teams joining the SEC as well.
Ramdiesel
It sucks for Tech and Okie State, I think they might have had a legit shot to get in the PAC, but I don't think the PAC will expand at all now without knowing what the BIG is going to do..
Post removed:
by user
InnerCityAg
They are proven *****s, so yes... they would take whoever pays the most.
dave94
AG
Good lord. Why are these chicken s. threads continually popping up. Are there this many weak ass people here that have to act so fooking scared?

This is not the end of the world nor does it erase what our program has begun to develop.

Don't be f**cking scared! F**CK!
TXAG 05
AG
rootube said:

vander54 said:

rootube said:

Rutgers and Maryland are both AAU schools, OU is not.
GIF Reactor
AG
vander54 said:

rootube said:

vander54 said:

rootube said:

Money changes everything
GIF Reactor
AG
SEC & some of the ACC will merge at some point. Or more aptly, the SEC will absorb most of the ACC.
vander54
S
Electrical_Ag said:

SEC & some of the ACC will merge at some point. Or more aptly, the SEC will absorb most of the ACC.

That's my thought as well.
vander54
S
Slocum on a mobile said:

Then why do they keep Nebraska around? They lost their AAU status in 2011. Rutgers and Maryland are though.

Iowa State is an AAU school, and so is Kansas out of the BDF.

They aren't going to kick someone out. My comment was about they want to expand with AAU members.
vander54
S
Electrical_Ag said:

vander54 said:

rootube said:

vander54 said:

rootube said:

Money changes everything

Maybe but recently they said they are only looking at expanding with AAU members. Could that change? Of course
rootube
AG
vander54 said:

rootube said:

vander54 said:

rootube said:

They also said they were canceling the football season last year because of COVID right after the Ivy league canceled theirs but what happened when it became obvious the SEC said game on? My point is things change. Also the B10 has an inflated sense of self worth. They are trying to run a professional sports franchise and also claim they are the husky midwest Ivy League. Nobody believes that crap but themselves.
Upperdeck Critic
Relax, let the season and the drama of college athletics unfold.
So much has changed and some things haven't changed.
Gig'em Aggies! Now go BTHO the SEC!
aggiehawg
AG
rootube said:

B1G turned them down as a package in February. Value wasn't there and OU is not AAU.
bwmammoth
AG
If B1G invited tu and ND at same time, tu would be gone tomorrow. That is who tu compares itself to in its wet dreams.
aggiehawg
AG
bwmammoth said:

If B1G invited tu and ND at same time, tu would be gone tomorrow. That is who tu compares itself to in its wet dreams.
Swarbrick always considered Dodds his b****.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.