Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

It's Time to Embrace it and Win

2,244 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bill Superman
Bill Superman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All leadership failures aside, we're gonna have to embrace it and take advantage of our situation. No amount of *****ing and complaining is going to change the fact that the almighty dollar always makes the decisions. Deep down we all knew that sip would become part of our "100 year decision" at some point.

At this stage the correct decision was made to avoid renewing the old tradition of easy set ups for Aggie jokes. The zoo is taking care of that for us now. Stepping on our own toes publicly as sip stumbles into our league is the last image we need to portray.

This is our league that we accepted them into. They lost the breakup and are now following us tail tucked with a failed football program, tv deal and conference into the big leagues.

We made the right decision and now have a 10 year head start. CFB is all about coaching. And sip would trade their football staff for ours in a heart beat.

This is now the greatest and the most hated rivalry in all of sports. Everybody is watching. Embrace it and let Jimbo handle the rest. We're ready for this.

As JFF put it - sack up and win the game!
cevans_40
AG
Still can't see how this ends well
Sid Farkas
AG
best possible outcome is blowU and tu dont join the SEC till '25...by which time we've won two natty's
Bill Superman
AG
cevans_40 said:

Still can't see how this ends well

Sip is now the most hated team in the country. They take the blame for dismantling cfb as we know it, destroying many programs/conferences and costing universities hundreds of millions across the country and stripping them of their relevancy.

Everyone will be rooting for us to destroy them this time around.

When the Ags beat the sips, the rest of the cfb world wins.
Bill Superman
AG
Just to be clear, the sips would have 100% voted us in if they were in the same situation if it meant they would get a single extra $.01
atmtws
AG
We just need to push the narrative that we bailed them out. Refer to them as our little brother. Get rid of the victimhood mentality. Dont let them take advantage of it. Tell them we arent scared of losing to them, but scared of them ruining yet another conference. And pray we kick their ever-loving, compound, complex, asses into the ground when we meet!
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
I am looking forward to an Arkansas like winning streak against Texas to set the record straight. Welcome to the sec.
Bill Superman
AG
The first game against them is going to be historic and the beginning of their downfall in the SEC
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
I've gotten on board with this, even though I enjoyed being the only SEC team in Texas.

I think when we were with Texas in the SWC and the Big 12, we were the clear #2 in the conference. Not bad, but with so many other Texas schools to recruit against, the talent pool in Texas was just too watered down for us to consistently field a top 10 team at the same time as our rivals.

Contrast that with Florida, when Miami, Florida State and Florida were consistently all in the top 10.

I think with this change, A&M and Texas ought to be able to recruit Texas (plus some national recruits) well enough, without too many players getting poaches off by Tech, TCU, Baylor, Houston and SMU, and can both consistently field top teams. Texas has been a consistent rival with pretty highly rated classes. The boost they get from the SEC membership may blunt our advantage a little, but it's not going to be a drastic difference.

And in the meantime, Florida is now overrun with D1 programs and guess what, you rarely see anymore more than one out of Florida, Miami and Florida State in the top 10.

I've said this on this board many times and have been, mostly, booed for it. But I have always thought that football is most fun (and guys and gals, this is not life and death, it is supposed to be fun) when Texas and Texas A&M are both battling as the top teams in Texas.
Get Off My Lawn
Ok - let's all promise OP to do everything within our power to put more points on the board than the other guys.

Ta da! The extent of our ability to influence the results of games has been been actualized!
TheHoneybadger
AG
The tu defenders in beast mode here.

Bill Superman
AG
You can start by not being an embarrassment to our fan base. Your temper tantrums only make us look afraid and weak.

It's really not that hard to accept the fact that all of this is only vindicates our move to the SEC. They're the ones following in our footsteps, we should act accordingly.
The Agly Duckling
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

I've gotten on board with this, even though I enjoyed being the only SEC team in Texas.

I think when we were with Texas in the SWC and the Big 12, we were the clear #2 in the conference. Not bad, but with so many other Texas schools to recruit against, the talent pool in Texas was just too watered down for us to consistently field a top 10 team at the same time as our rivals.

Contrast that with Florida, when Miami, Florida State and Florida were consistently all in the top 10.

I think with this change, A&M and Texas ought to be able to recruit Texas (plus some national recruits) well enough, without too many players getting poaches off by Tech, TCU, Baylor, Houston and SMU, and can both consistently field top teams. Texas has been a consistent rival with pretty highly rated classes. The boost they get from the SEC membership may blunt our advantage a little, but it's not going to be a drastic difference.

And in the meantime, Florida is now overrun with D1 programs and guess what, you rarely see anymore more than one out of Florida, Miami and Florida State in the top 10.

I've said this on this board many times and have been, mostly, booed for it. But I have always thought that football is most fun (and guys and gals, this is not life and death, it is supposed to be fun) when Texas and Texas A&M are both battling as the top teams in Texas.
I'm with you, Bluecat. Rice, Houston and SMU rarely got players that sip, OU or we wanted. It might be similar with now Tech, Baylor and TCU. (This didn't happen often, anyway, but Baylor and TCU have gotten at least a few players offered by sip, OU and us, during their time in the Big 12. That looks, to me, to likely be far less probable moving forward, and likely starting, like, right now, since the writing's on the wall for those institutions. I don't see any of them ending up in a major conference, unless the PAC or ACC desires Tech.
rshackelford
AG
Win on the field and nothing else matters. No more excuses. Talent, facilities, coaching, and administrative support are all there now. Success on the field breeds success on the recruiting trail. If we fall flat on our faces and get embarrassed on the field, everyone else was right
yell_on_6th st
AG
TheHoneybadger said:

The tu defenders in beast mode here.

He's down at the 20! Two below, right?
DD88
AG
If Bama is heading to the east, then we'll have an easier path to the Conference Championship Game.

BTHOtu!!!
Bill Superman
AG
Sip will get the easiest path.

Write that down.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.