Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

FSU Presidents thoughts on realignment

12,511 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nino Brown
Jimbo4win
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LonghornDub said:

You do remember FSU was glad to get rid of Jimbo? His teams were losing and recruiting was in the toilet.

Yeah, 83-23(averaging 11 wins per season) was not good enough for them. Thankfully for them things are so much better there now.
NyAggie
AG
Texas A&M said:

1939 said:

Everybody can't be in the SEC
Big10 and and PAC12 combine. SEC grabs Clemson, FSU, Miami, Virginia, and some others. You end up with two super conferences.

Very well could happen over the course of the next several years

At that point each conference has 4 divisions and the 8 division winners make the playoffs plus 2 wildcards in each conference, then the winners of each conference playoff meet for the championship or some format like that

Basically a college version of the nfl

Bill Superman
AG
This is what we should have been pushing for throughout this process to try to throw a wrench in Greg Snakeys plans. Micky mouse is a tough villain though.
PeekingDuck
AG
It'll be nice once the minors work themselves out. Curious if we'll have college football again at some point.
HowdyGetRowdy409
aggiehawg said:

Racer X said:

Lord NO. I hate the tomahawk chop more than MS's cowbells
Even mute the TV if watching a FSU game. More annoying that Rocky Top.
I don't care what you say... NOTHING is more annoying than Rocky Top... I can still remember the Sweet 16 2007 Basketball games. Sitting there listening to Rocky Top basically every second just made me instantly hate Tennessee. That combined with Acie Law missing that layup just made the entire 2 games just that much worse.
My Name Is Judge
LonghornDub said:

You do remember FSU was glad to get rid of Jimbo? His teams were losing and recruiting was in the toilet.

I bet they'd still beat Kansas tho

Prolly tcu & Iowa st too
Foxo
AG
12thMan9 said:

Sbisa Chef said:

Clemson, more than anyone else, is deserving of a seat at the SEC table. They're a great fit.

Can we boot out the worst performers? Tenn and Vandy? SC? t.u?
How do we rate ahead of UT & tu? Both those schools have won MNC since you were born, Texas A&M hasn't won 1 since ANYBODY on these boards was born.
Wrong
Gramercy Riffs
AG
LonghornDub said:

Kinda like when the horns were ready to get rid of Mack? Careful what you wish for.

And as for his teams losing, having two quarterbacks get hurt certainly didn't help.
Gump 02
AG
1939 said:

well, if we let tu in, we will let anyone in.
ravingfans
AG
Saint Arnold said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

I never understand wanting all the best teams in one conference. People realize that someone is going to lose and no longer be one of the best teams, right? Conferences need vanderbilts and wake forests and Kansases. You need teams to lose in all conferences.
That's why t.u. is being welcomed in.

POTD Material right here! -------^
AGinHI
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

I never understand wanting all the best teams in one conference. People realize that someone is going to lose and no longer be one of the best teams, right? Conferences need vanderbilts and wake forests and Kansases. You need teams to lose in all conferences.
My concern is once all the premier teams are in one conference we will be in the SWC/Big12 region with OU, Texas, Mizzou, Arkansas, and whomever else.

And that is just depressing.

InnerCityAg
Tex117 said:

Clemson and FSU! Do it!

Really, it would make for a much stronger conference.

For the athletes.
JaxDad
AG
LDA9336 said:

Sorry Floridia, Welcome Noles!

More like fu Florida, Welcome Noles!
12thMan9
AG
Foxo said:

12thMan9 said:

Sbisa Chef said:

Clemson, more than anyone else, is deserving of a seat at the SEC table. They're a great fit.

Can we boot out the worst performers? Tenn and Vandy? SC? t.u?
How do we rate ahead of UT & tu? Both those schools have won MNC since you were born, Texas A&M hasn't won 1 since ANYBODY on these boards was born.
Wrong
So, when were you born?
Ronnie '88
ColoradoMooseHerd
LonghornDub said:

Now that is funny.

Florida State with Jimbo Fisher
2010 - 10-4 - Chick-Fil-A Bowl Win
2011 - 9-4 - Champs Sports Bowl Win
2012 12-2 - Orange Bowl Win
2013 14-0 - National Championship Game Win
2014 13-1 - Rose Bowl - BCS Playoff Game Loss
2015 10-3 - Peach Bowl Loss
2016 10-3 - Orange Bowl Win
2017 - Final Season
BTHOB-98
1939 said:

The dumbest thing about this entire ordeal is that the SEC is so strong because everyone that matters wants to be in the SEC with the exception of a few of the B10 schools. This just keeps weakening other conferences to the point that Its not fun anymore. I know Big Time money in Big Time College football.

What actually happens is it make College football less fun and harder to win. If it less fun eventually people will tune out.

It was cool when conferences were 8-10 teams. It was even cool when conferences were 12 teams. No you have to win your conference within a conference and then win a conference championship in order to get into the big game.

Why do teams like Houston or San Diego State even matter. ( I know they have not mattered in a long time.)

My real question is what happens when the SEC has 20 teams? Will 3-4 teams from one conference get into a playoff. It just feels like is it cheapening it.

I know it is too late now but it would be a lot more fun to do it like college basketball in my opinion. There is no reason why if Utah (just and example) has the best team they should not be able to win it all. Don't think that has even been possible? Go ask the 2004-05 Utes.
Spyderman
AG
1939 said:

FSU and Clemson should though.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
strbrst777
Why not expand to 28 or 32 members and create the Southeastern League with two conferences patterned after the NFL. So long, NCAA. Just a thought.
Nino Brown
Racer X said:

Lord NO. I hate the tomahawk chop more than MS's cowbells
I'll take the tomahawk chop anyday over ringing damn cowbells or waving dildo's on 6th street.

Clemson and FSU were in the moment tu and ou got approval, hence the waived gentlemen's agreement.
That was before this **** exploded into what will become 2-3 major superconferences. Anyone else added will tap into North Carolina and Virgina markets once ESPN figures out what to do with the ACC contract.
Nino Brown
strbrst777 said:

Why not expand to 28 or 32 members and create the Southeastern League with two conferences patterned after the NFL. So long, NCAA. Just a thought.
It is my belief that we're looking at a 4 division pod SEC and a 4 division pod Big 10. Where this stops not sure but it will be between 24-32. Goodbye Pac and ACC. 32 gets you 4 divisions vur 64 teams would be too many tag alongs imho.

48 with two conferences of 24 and 4 divisions gives you a perfect 6 teams in each division/pod.
I wish the Big 10/PAC/Big 12 notihing but the best of luck. I think SEC adds FSU, Clemson, North Carolina, Duke, Virginia, Louisville, Miaimi and Virgina Tech. Boom that's 24 with good regional pods for non football sports to cut travel costs. The only toss in that will Virginia, UNC and Duke want to go Big 10 due to AAU or realize **** don't matter anymore when SEC has A&M, Texas, Vandy, Georgia and Florida in it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.