Texas A&M Football
Sponsored By

Laugh now, sure, but a couple years from now horns will be their usual selves

6,036 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Houstonag
OK_Sip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dodds was a nimrod and I'm glad he's gone. The LHN was a boondoggle that cost us millions and made us look ridiculous. Steve Patterson was dumb as a bag of hammers and Mike Perrin was out of his depth.

Chris Del Conte is too smart and too good a politician to stomp into the SEC and start barking orders. If he doesn't already understand that this is Alabama, Georgia, Florida, LSU and Auburn's world and we're just living in it, he deserves to crash and burn.
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OK_Sip said:

Dodds was a nimrod and I'm glad he's gone. The LHN was a boondoggle that cost us millions and made us look ridiculous. Steve Patterson was dumb as a bag of hammers and Mike Perrin was out of his depth.

Chris Del Conte is too smart and too good a politician to stomp into the SEC and start barking orders. If he doesn't already understand that this is Alabama, Georgia, Florida, LSU and Auburn's world and we're just living in it, he deserves to crash and burn.
If he doesn't, your own Big Cigars will get rid of him. That's the point. I lived in Austin for over three decades and was closely connected with several prominent Big Cigars. Since I was the attorney for a few of them I was in many meetings. I saw how the sausage was being made and how strings were pulled.

I seriously doubt much has changed in the last couple of years.
pacecar02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We don't trust tu on the field or in the boardroom.

We are not the only former opponent or conference mate to feel this way

You get that, right?

It doesn't come down to a single interaction, it's everything down to ones own personal experience and interactions with y 'awl.

So, we will play each other again. That changes nothing and I think its an extremely shortsighted decision.

Time will tell, we will all be revealed.
Coog_aTm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OK_Sip said:

So let me see if I've unpacked all this correctly: Texas is a narcissistic bully that only looks out for itself and destroys anything that disagrees with it, i.e., the SWC and the Big 12. They also cheat to ensure success.

- however -

Even though Texas is the big bad jerk bully with the refs in its pocket and bagmen galore out buying recruits, the team is only 78-60 in the last 11 seasons and 52-45 in a conference considered so bad y'all refer to it is the big dumpster fire. In fact, since 1971 Texas has been average to bad in 33 of 50 seasons.

How does a school that average with that little success - only one national championship and 12 conference championships in 50 year - get to run anything?
I guess you don't remember the game at Iowa State a few years back where you were losing with a few minutes left, inside the Iowa State 10 yard line, and the refs gave you an extra down and your RB clearly fumbled and when the Iowa State player started running it back and would have ended the game, the refs said your RB's forward progress was stopped when it was obvious that the RB was still moving forward. Two ridiculous do overs on the same drive.

How about the last A&M game where there was a bullcrap targeting penalty called by a ref who just so happened to be a horn fan. There are many other examples.

What is going to be hilarious is when you play Bama, you will get no calls. They probably won't get ridiculous calls like your Iowa State calls, but you will not get favorable spots and Bama will get non called PIs. Austin will be in total meltdown mode afterwards and then the dildos and SJWs will come out and you'll start calling Bama fans rednecks, etc. and then the rest of the SEC will realize that it was a huge mistake bringing in the horns. You fit in the PAC12 with soccer fans.
OK_Sip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm excited about it. And as I mentioned in another thread, my kid might be headed to A&M in 2022 so who knows where my allegiance will be by the time Texas finally gets to the SEC. I just want to see the revival of the Texas-Texas A&M rivalry, the revival of the Texas-Arkansas rivalry and the continuation of the RRS.
TxAg76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Despite sip continuing to pull their antics, OU just shrugs it off and kicks their azz anyway.
gotsand
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OK_Sip said:

Dodds was a nimrod and I'm glad he's gone. The LHN was a boondoggle that cost us millions and made us look ridiculous. Steve Patterson was dumb as a bag of hammers and Mike Perrin was out of his depth.

Chris Del Conte is too smart and too good a politician to stomp into the SEC and start barking orders. If he doesn't already understand that this is Alabama, Georgia, Florida, LSU and Auburn's world and we're just living in it, he deserves to crash and burn.
Just because those mentioned were ultimately inept at making boardroom backstabbing pay off on the field doesn't mean they acted in good faith.

As you note, good politicians know when to lay low and when to apply force -- and they're always looking for that opening.
85AustinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Its not all about wins and losses. Its about not wanting to deal with narcissistic bullies. That's why Colorado, Nebraska, A&M and Missouri left. At least in the SEC we were told we'd get a fair shake and an even playing field. Do you remember the first go round of the Longhorn Network discussions? It was going to be an A&M and Texas thing. Guess what. You *******s wanted like 60-70 of the split leaving us with 30-40. Then there's the sips looking out for A&M and talking to the Pac 12 without our knowledge about our gaining entrance along with them to the Pac 12. Like hell we're going to the Pac 12. No we thought we were getting away from you *******s and now you are back and we expect you to keep throwing your weight around, looking out for number 1 to the detriment of everyone else just around you just like you always have. What's changed? Not a damn thing.
OK_Sip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You're just a little emotional. I think if you were to watch 100 Texas games over the past 10 years the egregious calls for and against would probably even out. And your generalizations and stereotypes about the average Texas fan are just that - generalizations and stereotypes. I get it though. No biggie. I think Texas and OU will fit into the SEC just fine. The Alabama, Ole Miss, LSU, Georgia and Missouri fans I've met at games over the past few years have been friendly and gracious for the most part. It's gonna be fine.
Coog_aTm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I had the day off so I decided to tune into Finebaum and some tu fan was telling Paul to not listen to Arkansas fans because they are an old rival and really hate us. Then she went on to say don't listen to A&M fans because they are a rival, don't listen to Nebraska fans, don't listen to Colorado fans, don't listen to Missouri fans. See a common denominator here?
TxAg76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OK_Sip said:

You're just a little emotional. I think if you were to watch 100 Texas games over the past 10 years the egregious calls for and against would probably even out. And your generalizations and stereotypes about the average Texas fan are just that - generalizations and stereotypes. I get it though. No biggie. I think Texas and OU will fit into the SEC just fine. The Alabama, Ole Miss, LSU, Georgia and Missouri fans I've met at games over the past few years have been friendly and gracious for the most part. It's gonna be fine.

They don't really know you yet.
OK_Sip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes. Most callers into sports radio shows are dim bulbs. Any Texas fan who calls into Finebaum and says anything other than, "We're excited and happy to be here," are morons. However they'd never get past the screener if they said that.
85AustinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Forget about the egregious calls. We don't like being around you because in general your fanbase and leadership are narcissistic *******s. Life's too short dude.I don't know where you got your blinders but most sips I talk to in Austin are at least honest enough to admit that they only look out for #1 no matter the consequences to others. Its in the sip DNA.

Look we don't want you in the SEC but there's not a damn thing we can do about that so we'll do the next best thing which is to kick your ass every chance we get and enjoy the hell out of it. This isn't your daddy's Texas A&M.
Coog_aTm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OK_Sip said:

Yes. Most callers into sports radio shows are dim bulbs. Any Texas fan who calls into Finebaum and says anything other than, "We're excited and happy to be here," are morons. However they'd never get past the screener if they said that.
I'll agree with you there. I doubt that you are the typical tu fan. When I pan through most of your crowd, I cringe. Soccer Pac12 type fans that show up late and leave early. Maybe the interest level and football comprehension will pick up with the new conference. Hopefully, there will be enough No votes, but I doubt it when money is involved. Maybe the hatred between ya'll and the rest of the conference will just make things that more interesting.

Like I said, when ya'll play Bama or another playoff contention team in the SEC, you won't have John Bible or any tu fan refereeing so expect to get no calls. That is one small consolation is that many of your fans have no idea that you are not "the joneses."
OK_Sip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fair enough. But if we get the votes we're looking forward to the chance to compete. We might suck and we might not. Like I said before, my kid might be in Aggie in 2022. Hell, by the time Texas plays A&M again I might be wearing maroon and whooping my butt off. Who knows. But I've lived in Austin for 25 years and count many Aggies as my friends. By and large they're all great people and we have a great time needling each other. I don't suspect that will change.
Coog_aTm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It seems like tu and OK would have a much better shot at the playoffs if they stayed in the Big 12 with it being an easier path. I get it, it's about money and recruiting. As a college football fan, I want the Big 12 and the Pac 12 to be viable and have a team or two in the conversation. I don't like how we are gravitating towards two or three super conferences.

Of course, I have no say in the matter, but if the SEC were to expand, I would take OU and WVA or VT. I have no issues with OU.
Deputy Travis Junior
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiehawg said:

You must be young. Too young to remember the SWC nor the formation of the Big XII.


I don't think there's any comparing the power structures of the Big 12 and SWC to the SEC. Texas was the top dog by a mile in those, but in the SEC they're one of 7-8 mega rich, successful athletic programs.

Rice, tcu, Baylor, Houston, and SMU versus Florida, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, (now rich) A&M, Tennessee, Oklahoma, and Auburn? Come on now. Texas will be just another school regardless of their delusions of grandeur.
Seanzy2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Every little thing, is gonna be aight.
hbkyle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
VOLvo said:

WorkTogetherAgs said:

Problem is, sips have influence over the refs

As an old SEC guy, have you seen ANY evidence the SEC tolerates that kind of crap? There were rumors, likely true, in the late 70s to mid 80s but that kind of thing is obvious on the big stage and destroys a conference.

I don't think the SEC will tolerate it. I don't think reviews make it easy either.

Obviously, I can't predict the future but I can't see Texas getting anything but fined by the conference if they approach SEC referees.


You'll do as you're told by ESPN. They now own us. All of us.
dcg4403
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grow the hell up guys. Quit your biatching. Quit all the conspiracy theories.

Freaking focus on 2021 and let's win a Championship this Year!

Damn I love TexAgs but after reading the last week's worth of moaning makes me believe most our fans on this board are no better than any TU fan!!! And in turn, I might have to stop being involved w TexAgs and this sucks!!!

I am so sick of both you "old Ags" and "new Ags". Most of you are FREAKING cry babies and have too much personal pride, ego and hate that you can't see straight.

I thought all Texas fans lived in the past, well apparently we are a perfect marriage and this move to the SEC is perfect for the two biggest schools in Texas. Hell, Horns and Ags should form their own independent league at this point. I am almost ashamed to be a Aggie this week.

We can both talk crap about how good we both use to be while Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St and possibly others continue to dominate both our schools and fan bases.

FOCUS PEOPLE on football, not things 100% out of your control. And worse, none of this matters to our 2021 season. Damn I am get so frustrated with all this idiocy from a great majority of you. EMBARRASSING. What happened to all the excitement for 2021????????



85AustinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been in Austin since the early 90's. I have a handful of sip friends that I get along fine with and they are all sip all of the time. Just a mutual respect between people and programs. Most sips aren't like that.
seebond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TxAg76 said:

OK_Sip said:

You're just a little emotional. I think if you were to watch 100 Texas games over the past 10 years the egregious calls for and against would probably even out. And your generalizations and stereotypes about the average Texas fan are just that - generalizations and stereotypes. I get it though. No biggie. I think Texas and OU will fit into the SEC just fine. The Alabama, Ole Miss, LSU, Georgia and Missouri fans I've met at games over the past few years have been friendly and gracious for the most part. It's gonna be fine.

They don't really know you yet.

This is very underrated!
gotsand
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dcg4403 said:

Grow the hell up guys. Quit your biatching. Quit all the conspiracy theories.

Freaking focus on 2021 and let's win a Championship this Year!

Damn I love TexAgs but after reading the last week's worth of moaning makes me believe most our fans on this board are no better than any TU fan!!! And in turn, I might have to stop being involved w TexAgs and this sucks!!!

I am so sick of both you "old Ags" and "new Ags". Most of you are FREAKING cry babies and have too much personal pride, ego and hate that you can't see straight.

I thought all Texas fans lived in the past, well apparently we are a perfect marriage and this move to the SEC is perfect for the two biggest schools in Texas. Hell, Horns and Ags should form their own independent league at this point. I am almost ashamed to be a Aggie this week.

We can both talk crap about how good we both use to be while Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St and possibly others continue to dominate both our schools and fan bases.

FOCUS PEOPLE on football, not things 100% out of your control. And worse, none of this matters to our 2021 season. Damn I am get so frustrated with all this idiocy from a great majority of you. EMBARRASSING. What happened to all the excitement for 2021????????




But, football is 100% out of my control -- yours too, I'm guessing.
4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hunter2012 said:

VOLvo said:

WorkTogetherAgs said:

Problem is, sips have influence over the refs

As an old SEC guy, have you seen ANY evidence the SEC tolerates that kind of crap? There were rumors, likely true, in the late 70s to mid 80s but that kind of thing is obvious on the big stage and destroys a conference.

I don't think the SEC will tolerate it. I don't think reviews make it easy either.

Obviously, I can't predict the future but I can't see Texas getting anything but fined by the conference if they approach SEC referees.
How about the fact that this whole agreement was done by cloak and dagger and they had Snakey and the SEC office leave us out of the conversation. This played exactly towards texas' MO. If their entrance was exactly on texas' terms and methods why do you think "it will be different in the SEC?"

After a short honeymoon, it will prove to be no different. Anyone who thinks it'll be different this time is naive.
Houstonag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The sips have cheated since I was in high school. That is why I chose not to be a sip. For the next 40 years they proved my decision to be correct. I never will forget that game between the sips and Kansas where the refs made a horrible and likely intentional call that allowed the sips to win. It set up the bowl match. The sips beat a weak team then on the next year with a weak schedule and they played SC in the Rose where the Trojans played a horrible game and gave the sips a natty. Am I right????
Refresh
Page 2 of 2
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.