Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas and OU want to join the SEC

45,048 Views | 301 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rgag12
irock2513
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

THEamc
AG
Sorry, we're full.
Jbob04
AG
Fake news. OU has the easiest path to the playoff every year. No way they would want to join. Lol, no conference will want tu. Everyone knows how toxic and selfish they are now.
CapAmr05
AG
For those that are tired of hitting the annoying ad wall, I cherry picked the text....

Quote:

HOOVER, Ala. A decade after major conference realignment shook up college football, big changes might again be on the horizon.
Texas and Oklahoma of the Big 12 have both reached out to the Southeastern Conference about potentially joining the powerful league, a high-ranking college official with knowledge of the situation told the Houston Chronicle on Wednesday.
An announcement could come within a couple of weeks concerning the potential addition of UT and OU to the league, the person said, which would give the SEC 16 schools and make it the first of a national super-conference.
Texas A&M exited the Big 12 nine years ago this month, and along with Big 12 ex Missouri gave the SEC 14 teams, which it has been at since. UT's addition to the SEC would also mean the Aggies and Longhorns would again meet annually on the football field for the first time since 2011.
ALSO SEE: Texas A&M's move to the SEC more complicated, book reveals
SEC commissioner Greg Sankey declined comment.
A Texas spokesman said he was unaware of any discussions and had no comment.
The Big 12's TV contract with ESPN and Fox expires in 2025.

1st Generation Ag
Better be fake news. tu joining the conference would undo all the progress we've made. No idea if this has legs, but if so, our leadership better fight to the last bullet to prevent it.
Texmexag
AG
Makes no sense with expansion of playoff. They can virtually assure they both in almost every year
Gidnik
so far hes the only person reporting this, as an admited longhorns fan id love to see this, but i just dont. if we go anywhere i think it will be the big 10...
wbt5845
AG
Haha

No
Sex Panther
AG
Ag Tag
Holy crap!
chase5ag
AG
I'd be cool with OU coming onboard, Texas not so much. Replace Texas with Clemson or North Carolina, now we're talking.
Agsncws
AG
Texas: no way in hell
Oklahoma: dont want it, but I can tolerate it if only because it'd force Texas to slink off somewhere else with zero bargaining power.
[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qh0MyYgSAQsDxvvIIU3ehE1nf8WWLQEa/view?usp=sharing[/url]
Racer X
AG
kyledr04
AG
Woah
Caesar4
AG
But who will think of the children?
  • Baylor
  • Tech
  • ISU
  • WVU
  • OkState
  • Kansas
  • KSU
  • TCU
Bill Superman
AG
Not happening.

Only thing that will come of this is the others in the big12 will start looking elsewhere and blow it up
BrayK15
AG
Jarrin' Jay
AG
No way in hell this happens, and not just because aTm would be against it. Guaranty you Zero-U is not on board and this is all being driven by orange cow. There are multiple SEC West teams that would vote against it without even thinking about it, and if they did think about it... it would just go form a No to Hell No vote.
ThunderFighter06
AG
Looch weighs in...

Ervin Burrell
AG
BrayK15 said:

Won't happen. Each school must vote on expansion, i.e. each school has a veto. A&M alone could prevent either school from joining, which I assume we would gladly do.
I don't think it has to be unanimous but your point remains...don't see any way either school has enough votes (75%?).
83Aggie
AG
UF, SC, Missouri, UK, UGA would all cast no votes if A&M wanted support. Those are the schools protecting their state turf to remain the only SEC Player in their respective states. You need 3/4 of members votes for admission. Arkansas would likely join the voting block also.
barbacoa taco
AG
Please kindly f*** right off, both of you.
90ags
Doesn't make sense from their perspective....esp if playoffs expand as then they'll have an easier path to be in the playoffs each and every year.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
UltimateSuperGenius
There is no chance this happens. Zero. Anyone who thinks this can happen is an idiot.

Everyone needs to calm down.
Aggie_Texan22
HELL NO! Keep these two away from the SEC. Especially tu
8T2
Of course, looking on the bright side, it would finally get Bama out of whatever division we end up in.
DuncanLEO
Can't happen, we have veto power.
Leander - Ag
AG
Losers following daddy
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
By the time these things get floated out, they are pretty far along. That's the reality of it.
Shoefly!
AG
This boils down to Brent Z wanting clicks, nothing else.
KingAgWhami
AG
Get a dog!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Day late and dollars short!
jsmc71
AG
It doesn't make much sense for ZeroU and even less for DildoU. Which would get to go to SECE?

Because as it stands now, ZeroU would likely be the 3rd best team in the SECW and DildoU would be lucky to be the 4th best team in the SECW.
SinKiller
It would really make no sense for either team to do this. Now, if another wave of movement is on the horizon for those in the know, it'd be a no-brainer.

Although I thought there was language in our contract to make it very, very hard for the sips to get in. I could be miss-remembering that, though.
Z Team
AG
Happy to have them answer questions about whether their dumpster fire of a conference is about to implode with their departure.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.