Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas and OU want to join the SEC

45,450 Views | 301 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rgag12
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lotta people without Ag Tags chiming in that "gee Texas brings in tins of money" without actually explaining how any additional money would go to member schools.
SteveA
AG
Quote:

I'd be cool with OU coming onboard, Texas not so much. Replace Texas with Clemson or North Carolina, now we're talking.
That's idiotic. We shouldn't give OU anything.
1st Generation Ag
83Aggie said:

UF, SC, Missouri, UK, UGA would all cast no votes if A&M wanted support. Those are the schools protecting their state turf to remain the only SEC Player in their respective states. You need 3/4 of members votes for admission. Arkansas would likely join the voting block also.
We'll see what the "gentleman's agreement" is worth when the sips start talking money. Money is tangible; "bad partner" is not. I'll say it again: our leadership better make them ALL understand that tu is not in their interest.
JJxvi
AG
The only way this happens is if Disney and Fox are like we'll give you so many billions as you are, but....if you added them it would be like twice as many billions. And if that is the case, even Texas A&M is only going to show token resistance to the media while going home and rubbing our hands together over the money and the future excellent football games.
TX_Aggie37
AG
The only factor at play is going to be money. If it makes the SEC money long term, then they will push to make it work. If it doesn't then they won't. I think it's really that simple.
azul_rain
Abusive ex comes back begging for a second chance
AGinHI
AG
We would lose our advantage sure as **** if that ever happened.

We have differentiated ourselves in the SEC. When we were in the SWC and Big12 we were just another Texas school under the shadow of the Longhorns.

Not anymore.

Texas was all in on the Pac12. So why the SEC? Why now?

Because they know we've surpassed them. We've aligned ourselves with the college football brand and they're afraid. The only way they can neutralize our advantage is by joining us and telling recruits the premier program (their view not mine) in the state is now a member of the SEC.

That can never happen.
West Point Aggie
AG
Dirt burglars certainly mocking A&M and texags specifically.

Funny to read, actually
Let’s Go Brandon!
Tex117
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

The only factor at play is going to be money. If it makes the SEC money long term, then they will push to make it work. If it doesn't then they won't. I think it's really that simple.
Its not just about the money....its the predominant factor, but allowing Texas in the conference will undoubtable shift the power structure of the SEC....Whether that is worth the $$$ is the question.

Today's winner for the General Board Burrito Lottery is:

Tex117
Gidnik
Zwerneman Just said on his radio show that he thinks it happens and that a&m votes yes
1st Generation Ag
Gidnik said:

Zwerneman Just said on his radio show that he thinks it happens and that a&m votes yes
I don't see how he can think so if he's been covering Texas sports longer than a week. If it happens, it will be over our objections.
wbt5845
AG
Funny watching al the sips coming on here and pulling y'alls strings like they used to back in the day - and all y'all playing right along.

They ain't coming - not wanted, not needed, don't add anything.
double aught
AG
Gidnik said:

Bjork just said otherwise, but what would he know?
cdowl38
AG
SinKiller said:

It would really make no sense for either team to do this. Now, if another wave of movement is on the horizon for those in the know, it'd be a no-brainer.

Although I thought there was language in our contract to make it very, very hard for the sips to get in. I could be miss-remembering that, though.
Like what?
vol4ever
The only way I would want that U.T. in our conference would be if A & M sponsored them.
Gidnik

I thought zwern covered a&m?
StinkyPinky
AG
No way A&M supports this. The goal has been to dominate the recruiting market in Texas for kids who want to play in the SEC. No benefit in sharing that.
Unemployed
AG
Gidnik said:

I thought zwern covered a&m?
Brent Zwerneman = Chip Brown.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Sorry sips, youre not joining the SEC

This happens right after the NIL announcement and suddenly players cost a LOT more money

Sip and Okie want to still beat up on the L10 but they want to be paid like SEC teams to do it

This is them telling the 8 dwarves to come up with the extra cash or they walk

The L10 will find a way to make unequal payouts work so sip and okie stay

It's pure extortion but it will work
Krazykat
AG
dcowboy808
AG
If someone from A&M votes yes they should be run out on a rail
West Point Aggie
AG
Does this news mean a reemergence of tea sip aholes? (I'm being redundant i realize)

The sips FOLLOWING the Ags to a better conference; funny, considering how much mocking of the SEC took place pack in 2011

I think Maroon Dawns take is a pretty plausible one.
Let’s Go Brandon!
Ag Tag
I think it's gonna happen.
AGinHI
AG
wbt5845 said:

Funny watching al the sips coming on here and pulling y'alls strings like they used to back in the day - and all y'all playing right along.

They ain't coming - not wanted, not needed, don't add anything.
I'll be the first to admit, my strings get pulled easy on this one.

But I love our school.

And I don't trust those dildos in Austin.

What can I say?
West Point Aggie
AG
Ag Tag said:

50/50 chance right there so not exactly going out on a limb are ya?
Let’s Go Brandon!
hockeyag
AG
This all sounds like Chris Del Conte's sad attempt to keep the horns relevant and maybe pressure the other B12 teams to cough up more tribute to them.
Dominion Caracas Branch
Who is BZ's source?

If it is not someone high up at A&M, he is being played.

The AD is publicly saying no to tu.
longeryak
rws92 said:

SEC would be better served heading up the eastern seaboard for like NC and VA.
Thanks to cord cutting the days of TV footprint and forced carriage fees are over and the new era is going to be actual eyeballs delivered. The teams that actually deliver eyeballs are going to control media payouts.
William Larue Weller
AG
Apparently rumors are swirling amongst big money OU donors that this is already a done deal. Dear lord I hope they are dead wrong.
Ridge14
Get Loftin on the phone

Gidnik
Ag Tag said:

If it does, it'll be because they don't want both of us going to the big 10 and making that a very near equal conference.
whytho987654
Trump 2020 said:

Apparently rumors are swirling amongst big money OU donors that this is already a done deal. Dear lord I hope they are dead wrong.
would be funny if osu was included in the deal and texas was left out to dry
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
Ridge14 said:

Get Loftin on the phone

Texas will be in the SEC before this has any recruiting impact and it will all be even better for Texas. All the players yet to make a decision are in the 2024 and beyond cycles. Meaning you can pitch playing in the $EC by the time they'll be on campus in Austin.
William Larue Weller
AG
whytho987654 said:

Trump 2020 said:

would be funny if osu was included in the deal and texas was left out to dry

That would be amazing
Ridge14
EarlCampbellsThighs said:

Ridge14 said:

Get Loftin on the phone

Texas will be in the SEC before this has any recruiting impact and it will all be even better for Texas. All the players yet to make a decision are in the 2024 and beyond cycles. Meaning you can pitch playing in the $EC by the time they'll be on campus in Austin.

No relevance to the actual twitter thread

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.