Story Poster
Texas A&M Football

Brando: A&M is on right track, but not ready to surpass 'Bama in 2021

July 14, 2021

FOX's Tim Brando covered the Southeastern Conference for many years before covering the Big Ten, Big 12 and Pac-12 on Saturdays. The veteran play-by-play voice joined TexAgs Radio on Wednesday to discuss his expectations for Texas A&M in 2021.

Discussion from...

Brando: A&M is on right track, but not ready to surpass 'Bama in 2021

7,079 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by NavyVetAg
AgOutsideAustin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brando
West Point Aggie
AG
It's like listening to Matt Millen with a slightly less annoying voice.

**** Brando!
Let’s Go Brandon!
merch
At least he says we are on right track. Second part of his statement can be said of EVERY team in college football.
redjalapeno-87
Short version: A&M on the right track but ain't nobody beatin' BAMA.
Maroon Flash
AG
I don't need to give him clicks to know he is a dumbass.
AgDotCom
Nice home office. Looks like a fairly new doublewide.
The Agly Duckling
An obviously not commonly shared opinion: I like Brando - and have for decades - and I agree with his usage of the word "question marks" on the O-line and QB. I have no problem with his logic.

I think we can beat Bama, but at this moment I will not put down $10,000 of my own money on it.
TyperWoods
Brando, less is more when using hair dye
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
College Football News predicts that we will beat Alabama, but still not win the SEC West. Also, they are projecting us to lose road games at Ole Miss and LSU and finish in tie with LSU for 2nd in the SEC West. That's why they predict Alabama will win the SEC West with their only loss to Texas A&M.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2021/07/sec-preseason-predictions-for-every-game-preview-2021/2

These CFN news sports writers do not expect Alabama to go 12-0, and they believe we have the best shot at handing Alabama its only loss. However, they cannot predict someone other than Alabama to win the SEC West either. There have been 3 seasons in which Alabama lost one regular season game, but they still won the SEC West each time. That's why we will have to beat Alabama and finish 11-1 to win the SEC West.

2012: We defeated Alabama 29-24 in Tuscaloosa, but our 2 home losses to Florida and LSU prevented us from playing in the SEC Championship Game.
2014: Ole Miss defeated Alabama 23-17 but lost 3 games to LSU, Auburn, and Arkansas.
2015: Ole Miss defeated Alabama 43-37 in Tuscaloosa but lost 2 SEC games to Florida and Arkansas.

hunter2012
AG
TexanJeff
AG
Until he is proven wrong in the field of play, it is a pretty popular opinion.

I mean, last year we were down 14-0 before I finished my first beer, and like 35-14 before half.

This year our OLine and QB are untested. The score should be closer but there is no rational reason to say we are better than Bama at this point unless you are just drunk on Maroon KoolAid
TAMU74
AG
Sorry folks as I know this is not going to be popular but, Brando hit the nail dead center.
We have far too many questions at the start of the season to say we're going to beat Bama at this time.
jsmc71
AG
I take solace in the fact that - the longer I watch college football - the more I realize national broadcasters know jack shI+ about individual college football teams.

Anyone who casually watches college football could have given that interview sans the Spencer stuff.
Cojack
His hair dye is on track but his hair isn't ready to surpass that forehead, what an assclown, go back to the sips!
AggieZUUL
AG
If it's a night game, we win.

Saban hates to deal with night time travel logistics.
NavyVetAg
Bought my tickets and will bing as much noise and energy as I can.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.