Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A really fun, exciting season awaits!

3,298 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Divining Rod
Divining Rod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A much different kind of anticipation this year- not like 2019 where we played a lot of the top teams. Taking that step last year to elite; loaded with talent; unsure how long it will take our OL to gel, but knowing it will be good at some point; exciting and refreshing QB battle that we have no idea where it leads, but full of promise; a D that coukd be our best in 25 yrs; an unbelievable wealth of talent at RB; a good starting position in presrason polls buoyed by a tail wind of public opinion that we kind of got screwed last year

just a crazy interesting season !!
AColunga07
AG
Hopefully the relatively soft start gives enough time for the OL and QB to get good enough for the later games. Very exciting indeed.
BrotherChad
AG
2019 UGA and Auburn were not THAT good. I'm tired of hearing that excuse for 2019. That being said I was pleased with last year's result and looking forward to this year.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
BrotherChad said:

2019 UGA and Auburn were not THAT good. I'm tired of hearing that excuse for 2019. That being said I was pleased with last year's result and looking forward to this year.

Yeah, But LSU, clemson, and bama were.
Divining Rod
Brother Chad's post! My post had NOTHING to do with how good or bad A&M or any other team was that year. I only mentioned it to distinguish the KIND of excitement this season is building, versus the excitement that was building in 2019.

But for the record, Auburn was a very good team in 2019, losing on road to an incredible untouchable LSU team 23-20 and beating Alabama. Georgia? we didnt lose to them because they were so good- just because the reffing was so BAD.
West texas fan
Let's look at what we lost. 2020 OL was one of the best in the country. But 2019 let's be honest that same OL SUCKED! 2019 we got a new OL coach in. After a year under him they turn into studs! We have that same OL coach and plenty of players that have 1 year under this coach!!!

So is the problem that we lost a bunch of 5 stars? No the only OL 5 star is still on the field! So what did we lose? 3 - 3 stars! ( can't find any info on McCollum). Hmmm! We have 3 - 3 stars that each have had a year under this coach. But guess what! We also have 3 YES 3 count them! 4 stars! That each have a year under this coach! And 1 of them is a MATTHEWS! We all know all that family does is throw out NFL talent! We also have another 4 star that came in during the spring. So he has a few months under this coach.
Coming in we have 2 more 4 stars plus some 3 stars and 3 star transfers.

I say we are in a much better place we the OL then we were this time last year!
aggieclay
If our OL can build some early chemistry and QB isn't a disaster, we might make some SERIOUS noise this yr!
TexanJeff
AG
+11TY BILLION
Bird Poo
AG
West texas fan said:

Let's look at what we lost. 2020 OL was one of the best in the country. But 2019 let's be honest that same OL SUCKED! 2019 we got a new OL coach in. After a year under him they turn into studs! We have that same OL coach and plenty of players that have 1 year under this coach!!!

So is the problem that we lost a bunch of 5 stars? No the only OL 5 star is still on the field! So what did we lose? 3 - 3 stars! ( can't find any info on McCollum). Hmmm! We have 3 - 3 stars that each have had a year under this coach. But guess what! We also have 3 YES 3 count them! 4 stars! That each have a year under this coach! And 1 of them is a MATTHEWS! We all know all that family does is throw out NFL talent! We also have another 4 star that came in during the spring. So he has a few months under this coach.
Coming in we have 2 more 4 stars plus some 3 stars and 3 star transfers.

I say we are in a much better place we the OL then we were this time last year!

Divining Rod
Also, remember our 2019 OL did not suck by the 2nd half of the season (LSU notwithstanding).

Starting with the Bama game in early October, the OL began to solidify. I'm betting the learning curve is not as steep this go round, and our amazing playmakers will give them an added margin for error.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.