Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Any chance of gettin Arch Manning

38,471 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Emilio Fantastico
longeryak
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dude Perfect earned a penny a click in 2020 for over $20 million in earnings.
Pumpkinhead
AG
How good is this kid actually? He obviously has a great name and pedigree, and listed at 6'4" has great size, but if his name was John Smith, he would still be worthy of where the recruiting services have rated him as top-5 national player after only his sophomore year in HS?
Mort Rainey
I mean, who really knows when the kid is that age. But his stats over the first two years are pretty nuts. Combine the stats with the size and pedigree, and I think the odds seem pretty good that he's worth the hype
Maroon Elephant
AG
He is outstanding. The most "can't miss" prospect since Lawrence. Whoever lands him gets a program changing player.
oldyella
AG
Will he show at MPA this year? Seen him in the past at MPA, and was he was good but at 8th grade there is not much developmentally there. Will be there this year and keep you all posted if he shows and represents.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BIIR!
geb83
AG
Would love to have Arch be a TEXAS AGGIE!
geb83
AG
That being said, with the new rules re allowing players to make bank on their popularity, . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS DEAD!

No longer will players play for pride, or love of their school. Now, it's all about the cash.

Transfer Portal = Free Agency

Really little difference from the NFL at this point. It's sad.

A big part of the allure of college football is that those guys that are playing, that you cheer for and sometimes idolize, are your classmates, attending and hopefully graduating from the same school you will; you have shared experience, your both (in our case) Aggies. That connection is fading away.

The popularity will remain, maybe for along time. But, the passion will fade.. AND THAT IS SAD!
Mort Rainey
geb83 said:

No longer will players play for pride, or love of their school. Now, it's all about the cash

Grow up dude
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
PaulTony said:

Jimbo is clearly best QB developer of talent in CFB.
Jimbo plays NFL style.
If he got KMond to NFL he'd make Manning first pick.
A&M culture fits Manning Family values.
Deshaun Wash is a Dabo fail.
Saban is an injury waiting to happen
Sark is going to bomb

Oregon has bears
Florida is about to go under water
Lane Kiffin is not nice
Ohio State is in Ohio
USC smells like weed
Michigan's spokesperson is Tim Allen and he sold drugs
Notre Dame has a preference for Irish-Catholics
Ed O is one Gumbo away from injury
Florida State is racist
OSOB
Bobcat-Ag
Could you imagine listening to Jimbo and the Manning's talking football?
Showstopper
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

PaulTony said:

Jimbo plays NFL style.
If he got KMond to NFL he'd make Manning first pick.
A&M culture fits Manning Family values.
Deshaun Wash is a Dabo fail.
Saban is an injury waiting to happen
Sark is going to bomb

Oregon has bears
Florida is about to go under water
Lane Kiffin is not nice
Ohio State is in Ohio
USC smells like weed
Michigan's spokesperson is Tim Allen and he sold drugs
Notre Dame has a preference for Irish-Catholics
Ed O is one Gumbo away from injury
Florida State is racist
you forgot tu. Also racist, also smells like weed, head coach previously fired for being too drunk for a USC party (which that has to be pretty stinking drunk I'm just saying)
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Well he already mentioned Sark so I figured I'd skip them. I did forget Oklahoma though.

Oklahoma is forgettable
Mort Rainey
It is pretty obnoxious that he appears to be considering Texas but not A&M. I'll never understand. Texas sucks and has for years and plays in a horrible conference. If you want to play in the state, why wouldn't you at least stay in the SEC?
Maroon Flash
AG
We aren't a football bluebird. But we will make a lot of highly rated qbs spend time flat on their back in Kyle Field.

We gonna wake people up when we kick Bamas ass at Kyle this year.
rangerdanger
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

How good is this kid actually? He obviously has a great name and pedigree, and listed at 6'4" has great size, but if his name was John Smith, he would still be worthy of where the recruiting services have rated him as top-5 national player after only his sophomore year in HS?

John Smith probably grew up learning the QB position from local suburban 7 on 7 coaches. Arch meanwhile, was learning the position from the NFLs most decorated QB family.
TheDraw
AG
We just need Bruce Matthews to bang at least 11 chicks in the next year.
BrotherChad
AG
Per the Split Zone Duo podcast episode 61 "The 2021 ACC and AAC preview show" it was heavily hinted that Arch will be going to Clemson.

Props to anyone who can get us an exact time stamp on when that was hinted at.

Edit: Commentary beings around 40:40 by Richard Johnson talking about "QB after Clemson" and one of the co-host shouting "Omaha Omaha Omaha" which as you remember was Peyton Manning's trademark.
BMX Bandit
Mort Rainey said:

It is pretty obnoxious that he appears to be considering Texas but not A&M. I'll never understand. Texas sucks and has for years and plays in a horrible conference. If you want to play in the state, why wouldn't you at least stay in the SEC?
this aged well.
TopoTacos
AG
If there's one thing the Manning clan will do, it's make sure Arch is in the best position possible (see: Eli's draft process).

Clemson or Bama are probably going to be the clubhouse leaders for the time being.
Glenn Quagmire
PaulTony said:

Is this for real, do people believe this? I have genuinely never heard this before. I figure the best qbs fisher ever sent to the nfl were ponder, Emmanuel, russell and winston right? ponder, emmanuel, and Russel were all complete busts at the next level. with russell being the biggest bust ever. winston has potential but he's generally a low percentage passer who throws way too many interceptions and played himself into a backup role and is only looking at a starting job because a HOFer retired. And that doesnt even get into all the qbs he's coached who were only decent college qbs. He's been coaching qbs for nearly 30 years, i figured the list of awesome qbs he sent to the nfl would be longer than that.

It's almost as if he has good college qbs but doesnt do a great job of preparing them for success at the nfl level. Before Riley was hired at OU, that was exactly the problem OU had. Guys like jason white, josh heupel, landry jones, sam bradford- awesome college qbs. not awesome nfl qbs. he seems good at what he does, fisher, but it seems maybe hyperbolic to suggest he's the best at it in CFB. I mean, i figure just in the sec, mullen probably has a better track record of qbs when you look at alex smith, tebow, prescott and trask. It's an interesting conversation, i'd be curious who the best developer of qb talent really is.
Glenn Quagmire
Mort Rainey said:

longeryak said:

halfastros81 said:

Surely his gramps and uncle wouldn't let tu happen to him, would they?
There may not be another family in football that better understands the endorsement money opportunities under the NCAA's new NIL(name, image, likeness) policy and a career cut short.

Regardless of distain about those in Austin; top 10 alumni base and fan base, the state of Texas media market(his dad is in TV and knows the value), and the local million plus person market. The Mannings know about health issues ending a career and not getting that that NFL money.

There is no way on gods green earth that kid is going outside the SEC. sorry
Seems like he's going sec but that's just a presumption based on his family history. He could buck the trend and go anywhere he wants anyway.
TyperWoods
tu getting in the SEC was the nail in the coffin for other Arch Manning suitors. He'll look great in poop orange.

ROTFLMAO
Bill Superman
AG
Arch will go to the real ut before he ever joined sip.
infinity ag
Mort Rainey said:

Texas has a football brand, we don't. Let's face it. Everyone wants to go to a prestigious school.

Once we win a few, then we become a brand too. Let's complain once we win consistently and if that does not happen. We are trending upwards but we haven't won anything yet.

It's pretty simple.
Divining Rod

Quote:

infinity ag said:

Texas has a football brand, we don't. Let's face it. Everyone wants to go to a prestigious school.

Once we win a few, then we become a brand too

oh give it a rest, 'sip. your program is in the dumps!

THAT is your brand right now- that, plus a program that is soft and underperforms. I guess you havent niticed that tu has become the poster child for schools that THINK theyre good because they used to have some good teams.

You wrested that trophy from Michigan in a well-deserved struggle of over-ranked under-testosterized twits. YOU are branded, and it aint good.

The Aggie brand is strong- we're known now as one of the 8 or 10 schools that can realistically expect to be in the national title hunt the next 5 years.

A school and program clicking on all cylinders.

Smoke THAT, wuss!
Divining Rod
Divining Rod
Glenn Quagmire said:

..that was exactly the problem OU had. Guys like jason white, josh heupel, landry jones, sam bradford- awesome college qbs. not awesome nfl qbs.

Yes, sure glad OU could fix that problem where a college coach was developing college QBs to win Heisman trophies and compete for National Championships.

they knew the problem was not producing NFL superstar QBs.
Ags77
AG
Its not the school or culture that the Mannings like about tu. Its the coach. Specifically its the coach's offense.
Gigem
Divining Rod
Ags77 said:

Its not the school or culture that the Mannings like about tu. Its the coach. Specifically its the coach's offense.

is that the offense where you have the best OL and the fastest WRs in the nation, so you just stand back there and loft the deep ball?

Bama is Soooo screwed now that Sark took that with him.
Ags77
AG
Divining Rod said:

Ags77 said:

is that the offense where you have the best OL and the fastest WRs in the nation, so you just stand back there and loft the deep ball?

No. Sark's offense is predicated on mismatches. By alignment and by motion. He is very good at putting defenses in a bind with getting his good talent in spots where its difficult to get help. Certainly not the only coach good at it, but maybe the best at the moment.

In coaching, there is always the "hot" coach with his ideas, schemes, and successes. Sark was that guy last year.

Obviously he had the best talent at Bama and of course that helps. It remains to be seen if he can somewhat duplicate that with the talent in Austin..

The point i was making was the Mannings see his schemes and the offense success he had at Bama and it appeals to them more than tu's culture or traditions.

I still think he doesnt end up there, but just wanted to state why tu was being considered.
Gigem
Divining Rod
yeah, i just think theyre smart enough to realize the huge risk of playing for tu, and the fact that Bama makes asst coaches look like geniuses.

Everything you said abou Sark's philisophy can be said fir 80% of the coaching world.

Your point might carry weight if Sark was a huge success PRIOR to Bama. He wasn't. They were potent before him, with him, and will be after him because of talent and Saban's program.
The Agly Duckling
BJC said:

whatthehey78 said:

BJC said:

Texas A&M University is bigger than a mere statue...
Yes it is...but its stature and reputation is made of from a myriad of things, people, principals AND its history!! Removing some or ANY is detrimental to its overall stature.
If the statues of Sully, Earl Rudder, etc., were physically removed but their stories were still told and publications about them were maintained, would that really change TAMU's history? As an African-American Aggie myself, I am indifferent to statues, as the stories behind them are more important than their physical representation.

Governor Ross was able to be in his post-gubernatorial position as TAMC president due to the efforts of Republican Senator Gaines being a prominent proponent of the Morrill Act of 1862 which help establish land-grant post-secondary institutions like our collegiate alma mater. Although there is no physical statue of Senator Gaines (again I do not care if they do or do not make one of him), I see him just the same as Governor Ross and General Rudder, for these three men in their own way indubitably helped Texas A&M become the fine institution that it is today.

We Former Students are living beneficiaries of these three outstanding men.

Damn. I'm all for putting such statues in musea but you've made some excellent points.
Ags77
AG
Divining Rod said:

yeah, i just think theyre smart enough to realize the huge risk of playing for tu, and the fact that Bama makes asst coaches look like geniuses.

Everything you said abou Sark's philisophy can be said fir 80% of the coaching world.

Your point might carry weight if Sark was a huge success PRIOR to Bama. He wasn't. They were potent before him, with him, and will be after him because of talent and Saban's program.

No, 80% of college offenses dont utilize the schemes Sark uses. Many arent as "attractive" to qb's.

Bama has been good on offense under Saban, for sure. With Sark as the OC they were their best. ( with great talent) We will see if they are as good on offense under Bill O'Brien.
Gigem
whatthehey78
AG
Ags77 said:

Divining Rod said:

Ags77 said:

No. Sark's offense is predicated on mismatches. By alignment and by motion. He is very good at putting defenses in a bind with getting his good talent in spots where its difficult to get help. Certainly not the only coach good at it, but maybe the best at the moment.

In coaching, there is always the "hot" coach with his ideas, schemes, and successes. Sark was that guy last year.

Obviously he had the best talent at Bama and of course that helps. It remains to be seen if he can somewhat duplicate that with the talent in Austin..

The point i was making was the Mannings see his schemes and the offense success he had at Bama and it appeals to them more than tu's culture or traditions.

I still think he doesnt end up there, but just wanted to state why tu was being considered.
The REAL reason tu is even mentioned...can you say, ESPN?
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
arontc09
AG
Saban seems to be the best in the business at hiring an assistant, learning everything they're doing, and teaching everything that works to the next guy so that the program builds with every hire. Maybe that's just the way it looks from my seat, but that is what I'm seeing from here.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.