Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Any chance of gettin Arch Manning

38,587 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Emilio Fantastico
Traveler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BoxingAg84 said:

Cooper Manning (the most athletic of all the Manning brothers)
This seems right, I remember all the college passing records and super bowls that Cooper Manning won.

Pretty amazing that Peyton and Eli were able to escape the shadow from the mountain of Cooper Manning's athletic accomplishments.
TyperWoods
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Traveler said:

BoxingAg84 said:

This seems right, I remember all the college passing records and super bowls that Cooper Manning won.

Pretty amazing that Peyton and Eli were able to escape the shadow from the mountain of Cooper Manning's athletic accomplishments.

Cooper was a highly-recruited scholarship WR before a health condition was discovered. It's not really debatable that he was more athletic than his brothers.
annie88
AG
BoxingAg84 said:

annie88 said:

ironmanag said:

No.

Ole Miss
I'm calling Tennessee.
He's not going to Tennessee. He's going to Ole Miss. Everyone is his family went there except for Peyton. Arch's dad, Cooper Manning (the most athletic of all the Manning brothers) was committed to play there before his career ending injury. I don't think Arch has much of a choice in this matter.
True.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
halfastros81
AG
Are the Manning's philosophically aligned with Freshwater? Seems shaky. It'll be an SEC school I think but not so sure about Ole Miss.
Mort Rainey
PaulTony said:

Jimbo is clearly best QB developer of talent in CFB.
Jimbo plays NFL style.
If he got KMond to NFL he'd make Manning first pick.
A&M culture fits Manning Family values.
Deshaun Wash is a Dabo fail.
Saban is an injury waiting to happen
Sark is going to bomb

Mort Rainey
Traveler said:

BoxingAg84 said:

You should probably delete this. It's embarrassing that you couldn't just google the story before you typed out this smart ass reply
longeryak
He is in Austin this weekend.
halfastros81
AG
Surely his gramps and uncle wouldn't let tu happen to him, would they?
Bryanisbest
AG
Traveler said:

PaulTony said:

A&M culture fits Manning Family values.
Jesus Christ, I really hope this is just trolling

Jesus trolls everyday. Bout time for you to bite?
Traveler
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

Traveler said:

BoxingAg84 said:

Cooper was a highly-recruited scholarship WR before a health condition was discovered. It's not really debatable that he was more athletic than his brothers.
Let me guess, he was deceptively fast.

I mean, you've got to be a pretty decent athlete to thrive in the NFL for 10+ years and set all kinds of records at your SEC college, but lets go with

"Cooper would have been better than any of them but for his injuries."

this is the kind of bull**** people LOVE to spew out about the much less successful sibling of athletes ...

Is Arch being recruited as a wide receiver?
BoxingAg84
Traveler said:

Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

Traveler said:

BoxingAg84 said:

I mean, you've got to be a pretty decent athlete to thrive in the NFL for 10+ years and set all kinds of records at your SEC college, but lets go with

this is the kind of bull**** people LOVE to spew out about the much less successful sibling of athletes ...

Start at 3:03
also @ 4:57 "Cooper was the best athlete and the youngest, Eli was the least likely to succeed"

longeryak
halfastros81 said:

There may not be another family in football that better understands the endorsement money opportunities under the NCAA's new NIL(name, image, likeness) policy and a career cut short.

Regardless of distain about those in Austin; top 10 alumni base and fan base, the state of Texas media market(his dad is in TV and knows the value), and the local million plus person market. The Mannings know about health issues ending a career and not getting that that NFL money.
Mort Rainey
longeryak said:

halfastros81 said:

There may not be another family in football that better understands the endorsement money opportunities under the NCAA's new NIL(name, image, likeness) policy and a career cut short.

Regardless of distain about those in Austin; top 10 alumni base and fan base, the state of Texas media market(his dad is in TV and knows the value), and the local million plus person market. The Mannings know about health issues ending a career and not getting that that NFL money.

There is no way on gods green earth that kid is going outside the SEC. sorry
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Traveler said:

Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

Traveler said:

BoxingAg84 said:

You seem really pissed off that everyone else knew who Cooper was and you didn't.
Stone44
AG
I don't think he's good enough to start for us. He better be a lot faster than his uncles. Let him go to ole miss so we can stuff him.
Ag Tag
Stone44 said:

I don't think he's good enough to start for us. He better be a lot faster than his uncles. Let him go to ole miss so we can stuff him.
We'll slap him around with our junk.
halfastros81
AG
Hmmmm. Looks like I hit a nerve. 7 edits?
Dominion Caracas Branch
longeryak said:

halfastros81 said:

Do you really think NIL is going to based on media markets?

It is going to be based on boosters funneling money to players to endorse their business and stuff like that.

If whorns think NIL is going to based on media markets, they are dumber than I thought.
longeryak
Dominion Caracas Branch said:

longeryak said:

halfastros81 said:

Do you really think NIL is going to based on media markets?

It is going to be based on boosters funneling money to players to endorse their business and stuff like that.

If whorns think NIL is going to based on media markets, they are dumber than I thought.
If you're the star QB or RB it does. Austin's media market is larger than Indy's at this point. What is a car dealership or pizza chain willing to pay for them in their commercial? The only pro sport in Austin is the new soccer team. The F250 jokes are going to pale in comparison to what the NIL just allowed.

I mentioned MSA population because 'Travis' car wash' can now pay appearance fees for the meet and greet for 'player(s) of the week'. Or come meet player ******* at bar XYZ from 9-10 on Tuesday night. The NIL opens the entire city to NCAA legal thousand(s) dollar handshakes instead of just a few BMDs delivering signing bags. The more thousand(s) dollar handshake opportunities the more NIL funds in the players' pockets. If you think market size isn't going to matter you're naive.

Dominion Caracas Branch

Quote:

The NIL opens the entire city to NCAA legal thousand(s) dollar handshakes instead of just a few BMDs delivering signing bags.

The NIL opens a schools entire booster population to legally paying athletes. The NIL is not dependent on market size.

Athletes are not going to have NIL money limited by the media market of the school they are playing in. It is going to be dependent on how much a school's booster population is going to funnel into athlete endorsements.

tu has a huge one but so does a lot of schools. The ability for athletes to get paid for their likeness will in no way be constrained by market size. It will only be constrained by boosters' willingness to fund it and their creativity.
Traces of Texas

The ability for athletes to get paid for their likeness will in no way be constrained by market size. It will only be constrained by boosters' willingness to fund it and their creativity.

The ability of athletes to get paid for their likeness will be a function of both boosters willingness to fund it and their creativity AND market size combined.
Spyderman
AG
BJC said:

whatthehey78 said:

BJC said:

Texas A&M University is bigger than a mere statue...
Yes it is...but its stature and reputation is made of from a myriad of things, people, principals AND its history!! Removing some or ANY is detrimental to its overall stature.
If the statues of Sully, Earl Rudder, etc., were physically removed but their stories were still told and publications about them were maintained, would that really change TAMU's history? As an African-American Aggie myself, I am indifferent to statues, as the stories behind them are more important than their physical representation.

Governor Ross was able to be in his post-gubernatorial position as TAMC president due to the efforts of Republican Senator Gaines being a prominent proponent of the Morrill Act of 1862 which help establish land-grant post-secondary institutions like our collegiate alma mater. Although there is no physical statue of Senator Gaines (again I do not care if they do or do not make one of him), I see him just the same as Governor Ross and General Rudder, for these three men in their own way indubitably helped Texas A&M become the fine institution that it is today.

We Former Students are living beneficiaries of these three outstanding men.

Yes and might you view things differently if you were wearing those other shoes? IE.those that take offense?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
tk for tu juan
When are we going to splice Dat's and Manziel's DNA and create the greatest two-way player in college football history?
Dominion Caracas Branch
Traces of Texas said:

The ability for athletes to get paid for their likeness will in no way be constrained by market size. It will only be constrained by boosters' willingness to fund it and their creativity.

The ability of athletes to get paid for their likeness will be a function of both boosters willingness to fund it and their creativity AND market size combined.
Explain to me how market size limits a school if a boosters are willing to be put millions of dollars towards supporting NIL ventures for their athletes?

Oregon is in a small media market. So is Bama. Do you really think Phil Knight aka Mr. Nike is going to be outbid when it comes to setting up NIL for athletes. Same for the Bama boosters.

This media market size is important for NIL is just something sips say to themselves to feel better even though the wealth and number of their boosters gives them a huge advantage over all but a handful of schools.
Ags77
AG
Right now most of the talk is Clemson, Texas, Bama. When the smoke clears, i predict Ole Miss.
Traveler
AG
Harry Lime said:

Traveler said:

Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

Traveler said:

BoxingAg84 said:

You seem really pissed off that everyone else knew who Cooper was and you didn't.
lol I know exactly who Cooper was - Peyton and Eli's much less athletically successful older brother ...
BJC
AG
Spyderman said:

BJC said:

whatthehey78 said:

BJC said:

Texas A&M University is bigger than a mere statue...
Yes it is...but its stature and reputation is made of from a myriad of things, people, principals AND its history!! Removing some or ANY is detrimental to its overall stature.
If the statues of Sully, Earl Rudder, etc., were physically removed but their stories were still told and publications about them were maintained, would that really change TAMU's history? As an African-American Aggie myself, I am indifferent to statues, as the stories behind them are more important than their physical representation.

Governor Ross was able to be in his post-gubernatorial position as TAMC president due to the efforts of Republican Senator Gaines being a prominent proponent of the Morrill Act of 1862 which help establish land-grant post-secondary institutions like our collegiate alma mater. Although there is no physical statue of Senator Gaines (again I do not care if they do or do not make one of him), I see him just the same as Governor Ross and General Rudder, for these three men in their own way indubitably helped Texas A&M become the fine institution that it is today.

We Former Students are living beneficiaries of these three outstanding men.

Yes and might you view things differently if you were wearing those other shoes? IE.those that take offense?

If you are trying to lump me with those that took offense, you are wasting your time. Why would I take issue/offense to something that I am actually indifferent to? If you mean the physical statues themselves, when I was an African-American Current Student, I was just as indifferent to them back than as I am now as an African-American Former Student so nothing has changed.

Although I have long-known the individual stories of each of these legendary men (Senator Gaines, Governor Ross, and General Rudder) for at least the past 25 years, their individual contributions to both the Texas A&M System and Texas A&M cannot be ignored/overlooked despite each of their individual/personal flaws and how we see each of these men.

Check my signature below...
BJC
Texas A&M Aggie Class of '96
longeryak

Traces of Texas said:

Explain to me how market size limits a school if a boosters are willing to be put millions of dollars towards supporting NIL ventures for their athletes?

Oregon is in a small media market. So is Bama. Do you really think Phil Knight aka Mr. Nike is going to be outbid when it comes to setting up NIL for athletes. Same for the Bama boosters.

This media market size is important for NIL is just something sips say to themselves to feel better even though the wealth and number of their boosters gives them a huge advantage over all but a handful of schools.
I agree that the NIL is going benefit some schools disproportionally and I don't think the average player/family is going to understand NIL opportunities until there are about 5 years of numbers but we're talking about a kid whose grandfather was behind his uncle Eli ending up in NYC media market instead of San Diego. The Mannings understand endorsement opportunities/value and have made where to play decisions based on it before. This will be the first time that can extend to the college level for them.

I think Nike is a bad example as all the contracts nationally prevent Phil from going all in on Oregon and every team switching to Adidas in response.
Dominion Caracas Branch
longeryak said:

Traces of Texas said:

I agree that the NIL is going benefit some schools disproportionally and I don't think the average player/family is going to understand NIL opportunities until there are about 5 years of numbers but we're talking about a kid whose grandfather, who he is named after, was behind his uncle Eli ending up in NYC instead of San Diego. The Mannings understand endorsement opportunities/value and have made where to play decisions based on it before.

I think Nike is a bad example as all the contracts nationally prevent Phil from going all in on Oregon and every team switching to Adidas in response.
No one switches from Nike even though Knight already gives gobs of money to Oregon, so I think your example is bad. Your argument also disqualifies a bunch of businesses based in Austin. Austin is full of people who didn't go to tu and don't support it. Wouldn't they take their business elsewhere if a business goes all in for NIL for tu athletes?

The NIL is not dependent on freaking media markets. Do you think Minnesota, SMU, Rice, Rutgers, Houston, etc, are all going to become powers attracting great players because they are in larger media markets?

What is often going to give schools an edge in NIL is their boosters/fans. I mean texags would be a great way for A&M athletes to monetize NIL, and A&M is in a small market.

College sports are different than pro sports. Big schools have fiercely loyal alumni all over the country. It is not the same as being a fan of a pro team based in the city. Any willing booster anywhere can make NIL work for their school's athletes. This media market thing is typical sip spin, foolish and unnecessary.

The sips will always be the kid who has everything but feels deprived and underappreciated.
Aggie97
AG
BoxingAg84 said:

annie88 said:

ironmanag said:

No.

Ole Miss
I'm calling Tennessee.
He's not going to Tennessee. He's going to Ole Miss. Everyone is his family went there except for Peyton. Arch's dad, Cooper Manning (the most athletic of all the Manning brothers) was committed to play there before his career ending injury. I don't think Arch has much of a choice in this matter.

Peyton would have probably gone to Ole Miss if Cooper didn't get hurt.
halfastros81
AG
I suppose Clemson is possible. It would be a surprise to see a Manning land outside the SEC but that doesn't seem ridiculous.
OTredux
80/20 Clemson. He might just go to ATX to be different as a wild card. Not coming here.
longeryak

longeryak said:

Traces of Texas said:

I agree that the NIL is going benefit some schools disproportionally and I don't think the average player/family is going to understand NIL opportunities until there are about 5 years of numbers but we're talking about a kid whose grandfather, who he is named after, was behind his uncle Eli ending up in NYC instead of San Diego. The Mannings understand endorsement opportunities/value and have made where to play decisions based on it before.

No one switches from Nike even though Knight already gives gobs of money to Oregon, so I think your example is bad. Your argument also disqualifies a bunch of businesses based in Austin. Austin is full of people who didn't go to tu and don't support it. Wouldn't they take their business elsewhere if a business goes all in for NIL for tu athletes?

The NIL is not dependent on freaking media markets. Do you think Minnesota, SMU, Rice, Rutgers, Houston, etc, are all going to become powers attracting great players because they are in larger media markets?

What is often going to give schools an edge in NIL is their boosters/fans. I mean texags would be a great way for A&M athletes to monetize NIL, and A&M is in a small market.

College sports are different than pro sports. Big schools have fiercely loyal alumni all over the country. It is not the same as being a fan of a pro team based in the city. Any willing booster anywhere can make NIL work for their school's athletes. This media market thing is typical sip spin, foolish and unnecessary.

The sips will always be the kid who has everything but feels deprived and underappreciated.
I've been told i'm still thinking old school endorsements when I should be thinking social media influencers.

JFF was an example given that during his social media heyday he could've 'randomly' tweeted 'Enjoying some Tito's' and gotten paid a few cents for everyone that saw the tweet under the NIL. Manziel has nearly 2 million follows so if half of them saw it at say a rate of 2 cents a view that is a $20K tweet. Those kind of things will make both fan base size and local population matter.

And yes Nike was a bad example as the cool shoe matters to recruits.
BJC
AG
Aggie97 said:

BoxingAg84 said:

annie88 said:

ironmanag said:

No.

Ole Miss
I'm calling Tennessee.

Peyton would have probably gone to Ole Miss if Cooper didn't get hurt.
Agreed, but Cooper was not injured, instead he had a pre-existing condition (spinal stenosis) that ended his playing football, which Peyton got checked for the condition himself.

As for Arch, he may very well follow his older sister May to Virginia...
BJC
Texas A&M Aggie Class of '96

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.