Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Any chance of gettin Arch Manning

38,475 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Emilio Fantastico
NowhereMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jimbo is clearly best QB developer of talent in CFB.
Jimbo plays NFL style.
If he got KMond to NFL he'd make Manning first pick.
A&M culture fits Manning Family values.
Deshaun Wash is a Dabo fail.
Saban is an injury waiting to happen
Sark is going to bomb
ironmanag
AG
No.

Ole Miss
Hubert J. Farnsworth
It's looking like Jimbo likes Holstein out of Louisiana.
itsyourboypookie
100% chance
NoahAg
PaulTony said:

Jimbo plays NFL style.
Sark is going to bomb

Most of these are bad takes that make no sense.
TexasAggie_97
AG
Do we have a chance? I guess so but I think he is Clemson bound.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Would you expect anything else from PaulToney?
rbcs_2
AG
Quote:

Just imagine the recruiting pitches.

"Yeah Arch, you know how freaky Deshaun got? Dabo's fault...oh and Nick Saban is so old his hips may go out at any moment."
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
We would have had a good chance except when Arch visits he'll see Spiller, Achane, and Ainias as the only players on the cover of the media guide. TexAgs will still tell the story in 2045.
Traveler
AG
PaulTony said:

Jesus Christ, I really hope this is just trolling

TopoTacos
AG
It's going to be a recruitment unlike basically any other player in the modern era. Arch has a ton of support with the Manning family and his HS coach really trying to keep him out of the circus that we see in other guys. Reading a recent article on it, his conversations with coaching staffs have been really limited/screened and he doesn't deal with any of the ridiculousness we see from some coaching staffs.

Kinda surprised we haven't seen anything about Jimbo getting in contact with him yet, one would think our program would be an attractive one for him. On the other hand, Jimbo coaches his QBs in a very specific way and maybe the Manning's don't want to put him in that.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
I believe he will end up at UGA.
SinKiller
NoahAg said:

PaulTony said:

Jimbo plays NFL style.
Sark is going to bomb

Most of these are bad takes that make no sense.
At least a junior higher likes A&M enough to post this...
vansprinkle
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

While Holsteins are nice, I'm a fan of Jerseys myself. I think we have to stick with our Blue Bell roots in this battle.
SA-AG72
AG
vansprinkle said:

Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

While Holsteins are nice, I'm a fan of Jerseys myself. I think we have to stick with our Blue Bell roots in this battle.

Higher butterfat content.
BQ_90
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

Then transfer to Ohio State when Smart doesn't play him.
BJC
AG
Texas A&M University is bigger than a mere statue...
BJC
Texas A&M Aggie Class of '96
whatthehey78
AG
BJC said:

Yes it is...but its stature and reputation is made from a myriad of things, people, principals AND its history!! Removing some or ANY is detrimental to its overall stature.

Edit -Grammar
BJC
AG
whatthehey78 said:

BJC said:

Yes it is...but its stature and reputation is made of from a myriad of things, people, principals AND its history!! Removing some or ANY is detrimental to its overall stature.
If the statues of Sully, Earl Rudder, etc., were physically removed but their stories were still told and publications about them were maintained, would that really change TAMU's history? As an African-American Aggie myself, I am indifferent to statues, as the stories behind them are more important than their physical representation.

Governor Ross was able to be in his post-gubernatorial position as TAMC president due to the efforts of Republican Senator Gaines being a prominent proponent of the Morrill Act of 1862 which help establish land-grant post-secondary institutions like our collegiate alma mater. Although there is no physical statue of Senator Gaines (again I do not care if they do or do not make one of him), I see him just the same as Governor Ross and General Rudder, for these three men in their own way indubitably helped Texas A&M become the fine institution that it is today.

We Former Students are living beneficiaries of these three outstanding men.

BJC
whatthehey78
AG
My point is...removing statues is nothing more than an effort to hide, and thereby ignore history. Some history is bad while some is not bad...even beneficial. Efforts to ignore either is NOT GOOD OR BENEFICIAL. Lessons learned from both are...or SHOULD BE beneficial to ALL who take notice and take heart to the lesson so derived.
dcAg
We have a better chance at Quinn Ewers.
BJC
AG
whatthehey78 said:

My point is...removing statues is nothing more than an effort to hide, and thereby ignore history. Some history is bad while some is not bad...even beneficial. Efforts to ignore either is NOT GOOD OR BENEFICIAL. Lessons learned from both are...or SHOULD BE beneficial to ALL who take notice and take heart to the lesson so derived.
And you have missed my point as well, fellow Ag; the factual stories behind these three men are what make them legend not the statues/portraits of them. Regardless if their statues are made or not or whether they are removed or not, when the stories stop being told (fate forbid), then they will unfortunately fade away taking a piece of Texas A&M's prestige with them.

As the popular saying goes, "NEVER FORGET"; keep in mind that in 1870 the Senator championed the legislation which lead to the creation of Texas A&M which in 1891 the Governor had to save it from closure and again in 1963 the General had to reform it so that it can evolve to the world-class institution that it is today.

BJC
whatthehey78
AG
BJC said:

whatthehey78 said:

And you have missed my point as well, fellow Ag; the factual stories behind these three men are what make them legend not the statues/portraits of them. Regardless if their statues are made or not or whether they are removed or not, when the stories stop being told (fate forbid), then they will unfortunately fade away taking a piece of Texas A&M's prestige with them.

As the popular saying goes, "NEVER FORGET"; keep in mind that in 1870 the Senator championed the legislation which lead to the creation of Texas A&M which in 1891 the Governor had to save it from closure and again in 1963 the General had to reform it so that it can evolve to the world-class institution that it is today.

...IF AND WHEN the statues/portraits are removed, it is ever more unlikely ANYONE will inquire "who" or "what" is the history relative to the "inconspicuous/invisible" individual and thus...the query (who/what) will go unasked and their story will be untold. There is good reason the phrase, "A picture is worth a thousand words" is often used and more important...meaningfully understood.
BJC
AG
whatthehey78 said:

BJC said:

whatthehey78 said:

...IF AND WHEN the statues/portraits are removed, it is ever more unlikely ANYONE will inquire "who" or "what" is the history relative to the "inconspicuous/invisible" individual and thus...the query (who/what) will go unasked and their story will be untold. There is good reason the phrase, "A picture is worth a thousand words" is often used and more important...meaningfully understood.

My point still stands despite my indifference (or your reverence) towards statues on campus.

Texas A&M, because of the heroic deeds of Senator Gaines, Governor Ross, and General Rudder; is still bigger than all of us, for without it, we all involved would not have benefitted from it...
BJC
_lefraud_
AG
I kind of hope he goes to Bama.
infinity ag
We only consider top recruits at A&M.
AgPediRPh
AG
If he commits to Georgia, we have a very good chance of landing Manning
Win At Life
AG
BJC said:

whatthehey78 said:

BJC said:

Yes it is...but its stature and reputation is made of from a myriad of things, people, principals AND its history!! Removing some or ANY is detrimental to its overall stature.
If the statues of Sully, Earl Rudder, etc., were physically removed but their stories were still told and publications about them were maintained, would that really change TAMU's history? As an African-American Aggie myself, I am indifferent to statues, as the stories behind them are more important than their physical representation.

Governor Ross was able to be in his post-gubernatorial position as TAMC president due to the efforts of Republican Senator Gaines being a prominent proponent of the Morrill Act of 1862 which help establish land-grant post-secondary institutions like our collegiate alma mater. Although there is no physical statue of Senator Gaines (again I do not care if they do or do not make one of him), I see him just the same as Governor Ross and General Rudder, for these three men in their own way indubitably helped Texas A&M become the fine institution that it is today.

Well spoken.
BJC
AG
...now back to this thread's topic,

I believe that there is a strong possibility of Arch Manning making his own decision as to where he wants to go to make a name for himself...
BJC
Macarthur
BJC said:

...now back to this thread's topic,

I believe that there is a strong possibility of Arch Manning making his own decision as to where he wants to go to make a name for himself...

I actually could see Jimbo getting into this picture if A&M has the kind of year everyone thinks they can. Esp if one of the QBs looks good, it would cement Jimbo's reputation as a QB developer.
AG
AgPediRPh said:

If he commits to Georgia, we have a very good chance of landing Manning

Well done
rosstradamas70
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

I believe he will decommit from UGA
ross skillman 70
BJC
AG
Win At Life said:

BJC said:

whatthehey78 said:

BJC said:

Well spoken.
That being said, if a statue of Senator Gaines were to be made, it would be more fitting that he would be placed at/in the Moore/Connally Building (TAMUS Headquarters) rather than at TAMU per se, for his championing the Morrill Act of 1862 not only lead to the establishing of TAMU but also of PVAMU as well.

Both TAMU and PVAMU are not only the two oldest public post-secondary institutions in the Great State of TEXAS (they both are older than t.u.), but were both instrumental in establishing what eventually became TAMUS.
BJC
annie88
AG
ironmanag said:

No.

Ole Miss
I'm calling Tennessee.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
BoxingAg84
annie88 said:

ironmanag said:

No.

Ole Miss
I'm calling Tennessee.
He's not going to Tennessee. He's going to Ole Miss. Everyone is his family went there except for Peyton. Arch's dad, Cooper Manning (the most athletic of all the Manning brothers) was committed to play there before his career ending injury. I don't think Arch has much of a choice in this matter.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.