Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Any chance of gettin Arch Manning

38,570 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Emilio Fantastico
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

We would have had a good chance except when Arch visits he'll see Spiller, Achane, and Ainias as the only players on the cover of the media guide. TexAgs will still tell the story in 2045.
Classic throwback.

Love it.
Ags77
AG
arontc09 said:

Saban seems to be the best in the business at hiring an assistant, learning everything they're doing, and teaching everything that works to the next guy so that the program builds with every hire. Maybe that's just the way it looks from my seat, but that is what I'm seeing from here.

Coach Saban has done that a lot lately. He is known as a coach rescuer. Im sure Coach Obrien is hoping to cash in, as well.
Gigem
CowPieAndFries
I hope he goes elsewhere. There are other elite quarterbacks and the circus that will revolve around him can kill a team. I don't think the risk is worth the reward.
Formerly CowPieAndFries
TopoTacos
AG
Two different lanes at work here.

I'm sure ESPN/the media will find any sort of tie to Austin for Manning in order to generate intrigue. He'll, by name alone, bring tons of eyeballs to any program he goes to- he could sign a LOI to Wyoming and you'd see the Kibbie Dome on Primetime ESPN.

But again, the Manning clan doesn't care about the exposure. They are going to make sure he plays for whatever program is going to put him in as good a place to be successful as possible, it won't be anywhere based on narrative or legacy: It's coaching and coaching alone.
Ags77
AG
Exactly
Gigem
Sq 17
Coaching stability is also important
rootube
AG
This thread belongs in a museum. How else could you combine a love letter to Sully, a weird and tragic Manning story and a fight about tu in one plot twisting beauty?
Jimtim1216
S
Always a chance
BadAggie
AG
Ole Miss.
dcg4403
AG
Screw Arch. The media drama of having him on your team is NOT worth it. You would basically be forced to start him.

A great player but many great players out there. And I am 100% happy with Eli H. He has as much potential as a QB as Arch does.

Not sure if he didn't have the Manning name that he would be the #1 player. Anyone disagree? I don't follow him as I know we have no chance in hell to land him. Mannings aren't Aggie fans. And no way Texas gets him unless Sark has a crazy year. I would be pissed if Arch joined TU as he will automatically help recruting for the 2023 class.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Not sure if he didn't have the Manning name that he would be the #1 player. Anyone disagree? I don't follow him

Sounds like an educated opinion
Sq 17
dcg4403 said:

Screw Arch. The media drama of having him on your team is NOT worth it. You would basically be forced to start him.

Yes he would need to be a guaranteed a starting gig but that is going to become the norm.
If you could get him and get Manning inc. to agree he starts as red-shirt sophomore that would possibly worth the aggravation. Guaranteeing playing time to Fr is a bad idea but knowing who your starter is going to be for the next 4-5 years has some upside.
PeekingDuck
PeekingDuck
AG
Arch is going to crush it. You guys are ridiculous. A red shirt? LOL.
Divining Rod
CowPieAndFries said:

I hope he goes elsewhere. There are other elite quarterbacks and the circus that will revolve around him can kill a team. I don't think the risk is worth the reward.

thats actually a great point. by the middle of Manziel's second year (starting) i was ready for that circus to be
over.

Fact is, we already have a few QBs here ir coming that are considered among the best in country. We good.
Divining Rod
Quote:

.Bama has been good on offense under Saban, for sure. With Sark as the OC they were their best. ( with great talent) We will see if they are as good on offense under Bill O'Brien.

I fully expect them NOT to be as good under O'Brien. and not because Sark was so awesome.
aTm2004
AG
BoB already ran 1 NFL franchise into the ground. No doubt he can do it to another.
Ag Tag
On this date I herewith predict that Arch will be an Aggie.

Write that down and save it! I'm staking my reputation on it.
BadAggie
AG
HC with history of developing QBs. Given the recruiting momentum it'll be clear the next few seasons we will have elite talent at a number of positions. So sure, A&M is a dark horse for Manning if we're interested.

Still, if he plays in the SEC it'll be Ole Miss. Otherwise, I think Duke.

infinity ag
Ag Tag said:

No one cares about your reputation.

Tell me if you are willing to do a poopslap and post it on Youtube and send us a link here.
BadAggie
AG
BJC said:

whatthehey78 said:

BJC said:

Texas A&M University is bigger than a mere statue...
Yes it is...but its stature and reputation is made of from a myriad of things, people, principals AND its history!! Removing some or ANY is detrimental to its overall stature.
If the statues of Sully, Earl Rudder, etc., were physically removed but their stories were still told and publications about them were maintained, would that really change TAMU's history? As an African-American Aggie myself, I am indifferent to statues, as the stories behind them are more important than their physical representation.

Governor Ross was able to be in his post-gubernatorial position as TAMC president due to the efforts of Republican Senator Gaines being a prominent proponent of the Morrill Act of 1862 which help establish land-grant post-secondary institutions like our collegiate alma mater. Although there is no physical statue of Senator Gaines (again I do not care if they do or do not make one of him), I see him just the same as Governor Ross and General Rudder, for these three men in their own way indubitably helped Texas A&M become the fine institution that it is today.

We Former Students are living beneficiaries of these three outstanding men.

We need a statue of Senator Gaines on campus.
BJC
AG
BadAggie said:

BJC said:

whatthehey78 said:

BJC said:

Texas A&M University is bigger than a mere statue...
Yes it is...but its stature and reputation is made of from a myriad of things, people, principals AND its history!! Removing some or ANY is detrimental to its overall stature.
If the statues of Sully, Earl Rudder, etc., were physically removed but their stories were still told and publications about them were maintained, would that really change TAMU's history? As an African-American Aggie myself, I am indifferent to statues, as the stories behind them are more important than their physical representation.

Governor Ross was able to be in his post-gubernatorial position as TAMC president due to the efforts of Republican Senator Gaines being a prominent proponent of the Morrill Act of 1862 which help establish land-grant post-secondary institutions like our collegiate alma mater. Although there is no physical statue of Senator Gaines (again I do not care if they do or do not make one of him), I see him just the same as Governor Ross and General Rudder, for these three men in their own way indubitably helped Texas A&M become the fine institution that it is today.

We Former Students are living beneficiaries of these three outstanding men.

We need a statue of Senator Gaines on campus.
Preferably at the TAMUS headquarters instead of just TAMU...
BJC
Texas A&M Aggie Class of '96
TyperWoods
He was leaning A&M then he found out Jimbo yells at QBs
UltimateSuperGenius
What could have been.....
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
Love these threads. They remind me y'all never know what you're talking about when it comes to Texas.
JBGoode
AG
Traveler said:

PaulTony said:

A&M culture fits Manning Family values.
Jesus Christ, I really hope this is just trolling

I think Jimbo culture (read Jameis Winston) is where the clash resides.
TaxLawAg
He's not very good.
levypantsEOY
Bill Superman said:

Arch will go to the real ut before he ever joined sip.

HERE HE COMES… TO SAVE THE DAY!!
Ag Tag
Ag Tag said:

If I had been right, look at what a genius oracle I would've looked like!
Teslag
AG
EarlCampbellsThighs said:

Love these threads. They remind me y'all never know what you're talking about when it comes to Texas.

What about when everyone here said strong, Herman, and sark would all suck ass?
JBGoode
AG
Teslag said:

EarlCampbellsThighs said:

What about when everyone here said strong, Herman, and sark would all suck ass?

When did the zoo ever proclaim any texas decision not to suck ass?
sharpdressedman
tu won the auction. Move on.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Whose Ag credentials did you 'borrow' to create your troll account?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.