Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

BALL DON'T LIE w/ Johnny Manziel - episode FOUR

7,031 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Faustus
ghowe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree. All the more reason to call it what it is and not trivialize it and certainly not glorify it.
Ex-liberalag12
ghowe said:

I agree. All the more reason to call it what it is and not trivialize it and certainly not glorify it.

Gotcha. I'm just not sure how that would work as partying is a big part of our culture and already glorified...... unfortunately.
EliteZags
AG
all I see on this thread are a buncha old boring people criticizing guys in their 20's for actually having a good time
azul_rain
I'm a guy in my 20s, manziel is a bum for lack of better words
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
Deputy Travis Junior
liberalag12 said:

The judgements on here - LOL

Look, yes he needs help. . HE KNOWS that

What makes you think he knows that? I mean he took the time to make a podcast highlighting the fact that he has no job; hangs out + lives with a bunch of shallow, unintelligent, live-off-the-trust-fund losers; and regularly stays up playing drinking games like he's a college student. To me, it looks like he's actually proud of his lifestyle and is trying to brag.
runontexas
AG
jja79 said:

Haven't watched but does he get into his intensive preparation for the PGA Tour?

As a recreational avid golfer myself, need details on this. #JohnnyPGA
kevmiller
liberalag12 said:

He is an Ag and did so much for A&M.

Cannot blindly support someone just because they at one point wore them uniform of the school I attended.

EliteZags
AG
how many people is he physically or emotionally harming with the way he lives? is he even doing anything as bad as anonymously trashing someone else's lifestyle choices on a public forum?
jja79
AG
runontexas said:

jja79 said:

Haven't watched but does he get into his intensive preparation for the PGA Tour?

As a recreational avid golfer myself, need details on this. #JohnnyPGA
When he wins a major as he inevitably will you can expect people like Dechambeau stop with all the practice and adopt the party prep method.
DayAg!
S
Self destruction as a whole is not something I aspire to watch. I just pray Johnny doesn't get caught in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people, and we read about him in the headlines.
Ex-liberalag12
Deputy Travis Junior said:

liberalag12 said:

The judgements on here - LOL

Look, yes he needs help. . HE KNOWS that

What makes you think he knows that? I mean he took the time to make a podcast highlighting the fact that he has no job; hangs out + lives with a bunch of shallow, unintelligent, live-off-the-trust-fund losers; and regularly stays up playing drinking games like he's a college student. To me, it looks like he's actually proud of his lifestyle and is trying to brag.

They spoke about demons they are fighting and since he went into an inpatient substance abuse treatment before, the likelihood his abusing substances was highlighted (I used to work at one). Now, he might still be in denial but most people even in this stage understand the issue. Substance abuse treatment now looks at Motivational Interviewing which puts more the focus on what stage they are in and how it is working for them instead of the old way (which for the majority of people doesn't work) of judgement and shaming a person. Motivation works much better if it comes from within than external. In fact, research shows being judgmental actually can increase the likelihood of a person abusing a substance. Anyways, enough about that.

I'm more surprised and disappointed with his dad shot gunning beers with him for many reasons. which they mentioned in one of the podcasts. Not a good message to send to your child but then again, not my business etc...

I just wish people wouldn't blast him being so young and most likely struggling is all I'm saying...
Amarillo Slim
AG
Praying for him. Its one thing to take an off year but after 5 yrs of not working your setting a path that might be too hard to change.

"Real happiness comes not from getting what we desire; but celebrating what we have."
JP_Losman
AG
He's living the John Daly life.
Faustus
Sans the professional golf.

Regardless most people work so they can play or provide for their family. To the extent you don't have to work to do that then why would you unless you loved your gig?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.